Styx or Stones?

Styx or Stones?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Break your bones?

One can argue that at their best the Rolling Stones are the best.

and one would be wrong.

:D

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

Seriously? You don't think an objective case can be made for the Rolling Stones being the greatest rock band? I do. And I'm a Beatles fanatic.

no absolutly not.

and i'm being just as serious as you are.

Mick

I get not liking the Rolling Stones or any band for that matter. Personally, I think the Stones became a parody of themselves after Exile on Main Street. Total cruise control. But from 1964 to 1972 they defined, along with several of their peers, what a rock and roll band was. The songs. The longevity. The innovation. The popularity. It still ripples through the music world to this day.

good for them.......i'll send em a fruit basket

color me still unimpressed.

Mick

• Like 1

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

Seriously? You don't think an objective case can be made for the Rolling Stones being the greatest rock band? I do. And I'm a Beatles fanatic.

No. Objectively no. Opinion wise no.

I think in my opinion Green Day are better and I think objectively Green Day are better.

Ah. The ol' "it's my opinion, so it's my truth" defense. I think you could do better than bring up Green Day. Use a band with talent and I might think you have a point.

Nope. I'm not a Green Day fan either. Nope. Nope. Nope.

• Like 1

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

I get not liking the Rolling Stones or any band for that matter. Personally, I think the Stones became a parody of themselves after Exile on Main Street. Total cruise control. But from 1964 to 1972 they defined, along with several of their peers, what a rock and roll band was. The songs. The longevity. The innovation. The popularity. It still ripples through the music world to this day.

Mick

Did Mick Jagger hurt your feelings or something?

Rolling Stones...

Could be Rolling Pins...

Rolling Rolls Of Fat...

Rolling Aristocratic Heads...

Rolling Shites...

Not a fan.

i flat out refused my grandma when she offered me a free extra ticket.

this band just does nothing for me.

Mick

It's just flapping bulbous lips and swag ripped off better bands.

The Stones ripped off better bands? Or am I reading that wrong?

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

No. Objectively no. Opinion wise no.

I think in my opinion Green Day are better and I think objectively Green Day are better.

Ah. The ol' "it's my opinion, so it's my truth" defense. I think you could do better than bring up Green Day. Use a band with talent and I might think you have a point.

Nope. I'm not a Green Day fan either. Nope. Nope. Nope.

:poke:

• Like 1

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

You are being a bit annoying...Rolling Stones have always been a love/hate band. Stop sounding surprised lol

They are as easy to dislike or hate as our beloved Rush or U2.

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

no i'm just not into the band or think they are that impressive.

you just once again seem shocked someone dare not kiss their ass.

lol

But...whatever.

Mick

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

You are being a bit annoying...Rolling Stones have always been a love/hate band. Stop sounding surprised lol

A bit annoying? :chickendance:

Anyway, my "opinion" of the Stones drops after 1974 or so. A parody! :codger:

• Like 1

I think the Stones probably have more great songs than Styx...

but Styx probably have more albums that I like to listen to than the Stones...

Also Styx are more fun and have Queen and prog influences that are candy to my ears, where the Stones' folkier stuff doesn't capture my enthusiasm.

But the Stones are generally undeniable, the quality is just obvious.

So when I vote for Styx, it's nothing against the Stones, I just enjoy Styx more.

• Like 1

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

no i'm just not into the band or think they are that impressive.

you just once again seem shocked someone dare not kiss their ass.

lol

But...whatever.

Mick

Shocked? Not at all. Just having a discussion. Don't seek feelings where they ain't.

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

Same here with me and U2 after Joshua Tree.

I'm not against Rolling Stones but I've never been moved by the million songs that infiltrate UK media. They are big over here. None of their albums ibe heard thrilled me either.

I'd accept Beatles, Who, even Floyd who I cannot stand but Stones for me are nothing special.

And no I wouldn't call Styx one of the greats either!

• Like 2

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

I'm not against Rolling Stones but I've never been moved by the million songs that infiltrate UK media. They are big over here. None of their albums ibe heard thrilled me either.

I'd accept Beatles, Who, even Floyd who I cannot stand but Stones for me are nothing special.

I think U2 and the Stones suffer from the same sense of self-importance via massive success and popularity. They stopped being bands that took chances.

• Like 2

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

I think U2 and the Stones suffer from the same sense of self-importance via massive success and popularity. They stopped being bands that took chances.

U2 hasn't taken a real chance in 17 years and it's infuriating, though No Line On The Horizon is almost a risk, and impressive at that.

Sorry, just ranting my agreement here.

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

no absolutly not.

Mick

Mick

I'd also argue neither came close to doing anything truly fresh that just did it better than their peers.

I mean I don't hate the Stones but that sense of importance puts me off as nothing I've heard matches the hysteria. I can't say that about many of their early peers.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of walking corpses so I broke the tie with Styx.

They'll be playing my hometown in November at a small theater. The wife will drag me there if she's not working out of town that week.

It could be worse...she could be dragging me to Celine Dion or something.

• Like 1

Styx and Stones can break yer bones, but names can never hurt you.

I have 2 Stones albums and no Styx albums. I think that says it all.

I saw a Stones documentary on TMN that was directed by Scorsese.

Mick still has more energy than most men half his age.

Edited by Boots
  • Like 1

Well, despite the likelihood that the Stones destroy Styx in this poll, I couldn't resist.

Btw...I like Styx a lot better in general.

Me too.
  • Like 2

and one would be wrong.

Mick

That sass.

It's true.

Stones certainly have broader appeal and better capture the essence of rock and roll. I just enjoy Styx more.
  • Like 3

Even mr roboto likes the stones better

Miss america voted stones as well

However i bet Some Girls are disappointed styx is winning this

• Like 4

Even mr roboto likes the stones better

Miss america voted stones as well

However i bet Some Girls are disappointed styx is winning this

:LOL: