Roll the Bones tracks?

Texas King

Roll the Bones tracks?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Top 3 tracks on RTB?

2. 2. Filler tracks on RTB?

I am surprised at how many love this album considering it gets a bashing elsewhere.Really love this album and really not a dud track except maybe Face Up but at least its upbeat and Alex fires up on the solo.

I like Face Up as a straight ahead rocker.

Me too.. and I like the bridge/breakdown section a lot.

• Like 1

Roll The Bones is one half excellent and one half mediocre. The pop-lite sound doesn't help.

A song like You Bet Your Life might have sounded a million times better with Counterparts-type production.

Also, RTB is easily Alex's worst album. NOT his playing and soloing but in terms of his recorded tone and placement in the mix. I remember an interview where he said that everything sounded powerful when he was in the studio recording it but after the final mixes were finished, what he played got mostly lost in the mix (no pun intended), This was one of the motivations for why they went heavy again for Counterparts. Geddy was also vocal about his disappointment with the album's wimpy sound after it came out

Edited by jnoble

Top 3: Bravado, The Big Wheel, Ghost of A Chance

Filler: Face Up, You Bet Your Life

Are you fuckking kidding me? "Face Up" is filler?

I guess you pay no attention to Neil's drumming on that song. The intro is KILLER! NOT FILLER!!!!!!!

I am with grasbo! This album gets a shitload of HATE from so-called real Rush Fans. Yet they gush all over "Vapor Trails." The St. Anger of Rush albums!

"Roll The Bones" is polished perfection minus that annoying rap section. Alas it was just done for a joke.

You Rush Fruits are so uptight.

Need everything to be so serious all the time.

I saw the "Roll The Bones" Tour four times with Primus opening. Yet many of you fake Rush fans on here rip this record, and you have probably never even seen the band play live! HAHAHAHAHA!

This is the most entertaining Forum on the planet Earth because there are so many fraudulent Rush fans on here and they constantly post how much they know and love about a band that they have never seen or the ones that think RUSH will tour again.

If RUSH ever does tour again you better be making at least 300000 USD a year gross to afford a ticket.

If RUSH ever does play again I am willing to beat it will be in Toronto for a benefit show.

Better save "The Big Money" you phonies who have never seen them yet actually type in your opinion about this band.

Your opinion means nothing to me.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." Glad I am an asshole too. I am nothing to the RUSH WORLD. I've met wonderful people around this globe who have seen RUSH 151 times!!!!

I never saw the first decade of RUSH live! Oh well! THANKS MOM AND DAD! HAHAHAHA!

"ROLL THE BONES" IS A GREAT RECORD!

"FACE UP" ASS DOWN HATERS!

Signed,

Andrew Dice Clay

I bet most of you who read this have no clue about my wit.

No wonder you think I'm on meth and Budweiser. LOL!!

If you drink Bud you get wiser!

HAHA!

"Animals" playing now.

"PIGS" IN ZEN,

Love,

Jane's Addiction

If this dude doesn't have his own website, it's criminal!

Someone needs to lay off the cocaine...

It's easy to ignore.

Top 3:

1. Bravado

2. Dreamline

3. Where's My Thing

Filler: Face Up, The Big Wheel, Heresy, Neurotica, You Bet Your Life

^^ this. It was hard to find 3 that wasn't filler.

Top 3:

1. Bravado

2. Dreamline

3. Where's My Thing

Filler: Face Up, The Big Wheel, Heresy, Neurotica, You Bet Your Life

^^ this. It was hard to find 3 that wasn't filler.

I do enjoy Ghost of a Chance a lot too - it very narrowly missed out on being in the top 3. Then the title track I also like quite a bit. As for the rest of this album, I don't think any of it should have made the cut. Imo it would have been better off left as a 5 song EP - I'd rather that than a full length album half full of filler.