Are Rush your most fave band?

Texas King

Are Rush your most fave band?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are Rush your most fave band?

• Yes, they are my MOST FAVE band, No 1.
    • They are ONE OF MY FAVE bands.
    • They are NOT among my fave bands.

Is Rush my fave band? Hell yes.

That being said, I have not listened to them a great deal in the last year. I have been listening to a lot of classical music in the last year. Its just appealed to me.

But Rush is way ahead of everything else. Way, way behind Rush would be a tightly packed bunch of groups that I like including (in no particular order)

1. Nightwish

2. The Who

3. Maiden

4. Priest

5. Journey

6. Leppard (basically for High n Dry & Pyromania)

7. Savatage (basically for Streets & Hall of the Mountain King)

8. Triumph

• Like 2

Is Rush my fave band? Hell yes.

That being said, I have not listened to them a great deal in the last year. I have been listening to a lot of classical music in the last year. Its just appealed to me.

But Rush is way ahead of everything else. Way, way behind Rush would be a tightly packed bunch of groups that I like including (in no particular order)

1. Nightwish

2. The Who

3. Maiden

4. Priest

5. Journey

6. Leppard (basically for High n Dry & Pyromania)

7. Savatage (basically for Streets & Hall of the Mountain King)

8. Triumph

Glad to see Nightwish mentioned!

They was my favorite band for a few years, when I found them in 2011, next to the band Queen. But not anymore. I am listening to so much different kind of stuff. And I have not listen to so much Rush recently. (I was listening to Counterparts in yesterday, first Rush in many weeks).

To be honest, I can not say I really have a favorite band. Only reason I say Queen is my favorite is because they saved me during my hardest part in my life, and they mean a lot to me. Other then that, I don´t really have any real favorite band. I just love music!

my core top five fav bands........i think because they do shift.

1. The Beatles

2. Queen'

3. Pink Floyd

4. Toto

5. Jimmy Eat World (yes really)

6 to 10 will change constantly

Mick

I think my core top five includes Jimmy and Juliana. But those two battle with HIM. But those three I mentioned earlier are set in stone. Moreso than any other bands I love.

• Like 1

In alphabetical order so as not to designate absolute favourite (because there is none):

B-52's

BulletBoys

Alice Cooper

D-A-D (Disneyland After Dark)

Death Cab For Cutie

Def Leppard

Duran Duran

Enuff Z'nuff

Extreme / Nuno Bettencourt

Faith No More

Flickerstick

Harvey Danger

Imagine Dragons

Iron Maiden

The Long Winters

Marilyn Manson

Kate Miller-Heidke

Alanis Morissette

Mother Love Bone

Pearl Jam

Placebo

The Psychedelic Furs

Queen

RUSH

Saigon Kick / Supertransatlantic / Jason Bieler (Owl Stretching)

The Sounds

Stone Temple Pilots

TigerTailz

Ugly Kid Joe

Vain

Butch Walker / Marvelous 3

Warrant / Jani Lane

Okay... so I know the list is long, but these are the bands that I have every album they have ever released and try to have every single and rarity. It's pretty difficult. The singles are especially difficult with the bands that have been around for longer. I got some of them down though. And before you ask if I just listed every artist in my collection, the answer is no. For example, I have every Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Collective Soul, No Doubt, Tegan And Sara, The Cult, and KISS album (among many other bands) in my collection, but listed none of them as a favourite. The ones I have listed are the ones that I make an extreme effort to have as much as I can afford of theirs and to know of all the releases beforehand so I don't miss a thing.

Edited by diatribein

Rush is in that top tier of bands and artists for me .. I listen to them everyday, at least a few songs here and there, if not entire albums ..

Despite being a fan since 1977, with such a diverse catalog, their music is always inspiring ..

:goodone:

I don't think a day hoes by that I don't have a RUSH lyric, melody or rhythm going through my head at some point.

Rush is my #1 favorite band of all time yes. They mean so much to me, and they always help me through anything, good and bad. :heart:

More than any other band, RUSH can take my mind off my troubles and remind me of the good in the world.

ETA: Typo fixed, LOL! My fat slob fingers have entered countless searches for the Tush Forum on Google. :blush:

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Rush is my #1 favorite band of all time yes. They mean so much to me, and they always help me through anything, good and bad. :heart:

More than any other band, TUSH can take my mind off my troubles and remind me of the good in the world.

Yes

Omf haha Tush

• Like 1

More than any other band, TUSH can take my mind off my troubles and remind me of the good in the world.

Yes

Omf haha Tush

Hey...maybe do me a solid and fix my typo in the band's name... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Yes

Omf haha Tush

I been up, I been down.

Take my word, my way around.

I ain't askin' for much.

I said, Lord, take me downtown,

I'm just lookin' for some :rush:

• Like 4

The Beatles, Rush, Wire, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin and The Church. That's six but they're all essential. That's tier 1 regardless of #. Tier 2 is pretty amazing but that's out of scope I guess, and a different thread.

Though Rush was my #1 Hemi through Signals (shared #1 with Zep from ATWAS through AFTK), they weren't in my top tier again until the last couple years. Now I find myself listening more to them than about anyone else; I'l go through phases with other bands, but when those run their course, it seems I always end up with Rush again. When in doubt, put in Rush.

• Like 2

Genesis is my #1 and has been for 30 years, but Rush are always in the top 5. Or 6. :)

I do play some Rush tunes every day (or every other day), mixed in with all the other stuff I hear.

Right now the Top 5 would be:

1. Genesis

2. Traffic

3. Rush

4. Crowded House/Neil Finn

5. The Who

Lots of other artists trying to get into this 5. :) The Beatles, Yes, Floyd, Zep are always nearby... U2, REM, Maiden, Sabbath, Neil Young, etc etc etc ...

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 2

Yes

Omf haha Tush

I been up, I been down.

Take my word, my way around.

I ain't askin' for much.

I said, Lord, take me downtown,

I'm just lookin' for some :rush:

It rhymes better anyway! :haz:
  • Like 3

Yes, Rush has been my favourite band since 1995. I listen to them all the time. That hasn't changed since they seem to be retired from touring. I simply love their music and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

My other faves are:

The Tragically Hip

Led Zeppelin

I love lots of other music too, but those are my favourite bands in the rock genre.

• Like 2