True Or False! "The Joshua Tree" Is The Last Great U2 Record! New Reissue Is Out! Bonus Discs! Live 1987! I Actually LiKE!

Do You Find Glee With The Joshua Tree Or Do You Just Pee On that MTV Pop Pussy Tree?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. "The Joshua Tree" By U2 Is The Last Greatest Album That Have Ever Done! "Even Better Than The Real Thing!"

• TRUE: "The Joshua Tree" Is a masterpiece!!! Will withstand the test of time!
    • FALSE: "The Joshua Tree" is pure pop poop! The MTV masses masturbate to every note. Sonny Bono had more talent! RIP
    • Earl: I can't vote because you have no filter. You are a rude and selfish bastard with your profanity. I am constantly offended by you but I still read your shtie.

I absolutely loath U2. I had a free ticket to see U2 for my first time ever at Levy Stadium in Santa Clara. I passed.

I hate BOZO THE ASS CLOWN.

However, I do love the other three.

I was in high school when U2 was HOT.

I fuckking loved them.

"The Unforgettable Fire" was my go to cassette jam in my black MR2 back in 1985.

I love every U2 record up to "Rattle & Hum."

After that they suck my ass.

As a music addict though, I still need my U2 heroin shoved in my earholes. Always hoping for a great record.

I am always left bored and disappointed.

So since "The Joshua Tree" finally got the green light to go BIG CD Vinyl Box Set with tons of bonus shit what do you think?

Is "The Joshua Tree" a true Irish pop MTV rock masterpiece? Or is it simply overplayed toilet paper covered in human shit?

I love the record.

Reminds me of when I was young and filled with joy and happiness!

Well I'm older now yet I still feel the same way!!!

Being single again is like being back in high school.

I truly am blessed having no fuckking human anchor around my leg.

I'm living large "In God's Country."

And I will drink to that!!

AMEN!

God Bless America!

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and I have everything.........

Rabble rousing shite.

They got mildly interesting around Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Pop, then back to the flag waving, lighters in the air bilge.

Hahaha!

They did change their sound after making serious cashflow with "Joshua."

I guess I was that typical young American brainwashed lad.

I hated "Baby."

Still do.

"She moves in mysterious ways..."

YUCK

"Baby" was better than anything else they released after that so it get's a mulligan.

"Wild Horses"

• Like 1

Mostly true. I think it's a great album. It can be difficult but it's necessary to separate the obnoxious Bono from the music to appreciate the difference between the good music and the antics of their frontman. I was watching the kids are alright (the who) recently and realized that it seems like Townsend must have been an influence on the edge who I find very interesting and different.
  • Like 2

Mostly true. I think it's a great album. It can be difficult but it's necessary to separate the obnoxious Bono from the music to appreciate the difference between the good music and the antics of their frontman. I was watching the kids are alright (the who) recently and realized that it seems like Townsend must have been an influence on the edge who I find very interesting and different.

I agree with you. Bono has ruined U2 for me.

I enjoy several tracks from R&H, as well as Achtung Baby. But after that I went a different direction for my music listening and for the most part so did they. At the time, I played the hell out of U2 because it was something I enjoyed that my mother also enjoyed, so on long car rides we would have JT on loop as I recall [i would have been around 12-13 yrs of age].

JT is a seminal album for that era. It holds up very well even to this day.

Being that it was well mixed in the first place, I see zero sense buying a remix/remaster. Maybe I'd bite on a good surround mix.

Edited by stoopid

Great album and very creative musical group. JT was their last great ALBUM - every song is fantastic !!! The few albums that followed have gems but as an entire album, they don't stand up to JT.

I am seeing U2 in a few weeks and given they will be playing JT in its entirety, it will be a great evening. I listen to music for the music and I don't pay too much attention to the band's personal lives and/or opinions.

I do miss "earlier" U2 but isn't that true with most bands with some longevity ?

Boy and October are great !!!

• Like 1

My ranking of the only worthy U2 albums:

1. The Joshua Tree

2. October

3. War

4. Boy

5. The Unforgettable Fire

Five of the best albums ever released in my opinion and enough to consolidate U2 as one of my all time favourite bands. But only for a smidge of their career. After this I can't stand either the band or their music.

• Like 1

Great album and very creative musical group. JT was their last great ALBUM - every song is fantastic !!! The few albums that followed have gems but as an entire album, they don't stand up to JT.

I am seeing U2 in a few weeks and given they will be playing JT in its entirety, it will be a great evening. I listen to music for the music and I don't pay too much attention to the band's personal lives and/or opinions.

I do miss "earlier" U2 but isn't that true with most bands with some longevity ?

I freaking love October and I do not get the critisicm of it at all. Gloria alone is an absolute masterpiece of pop songwriting.

Achtung Baby is the last great U2 album. The Joshua Tree is their go to masterpiece, it's their Who's​ Next or Dark Side of the Moon. I think it's​ a great album. Personally, I have too many good memories attached to The Joshua Tree to feel otherwise.

As for U2 the band, I find them insufferable at times. A perfect example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

The Edge is a hack. Bono is full of himself. And the other two are two of the luckiest people in the world.

It's rock and roll, baby.

• Like 3

I freaking love October and I do not get the critisicm of it at all. Gloria alone is an absolute masterpiece of pop songwriting.

It's an ok album. It's a step back or two from what came before and after, that's all.

FALSE

I think U2 for the most part suck. However I think that the War album is amazing and one of the best albums ever.

Some of their other older than that stuff is good as well.

I highly recommend the old concert at Red Rocks VHS if you can get it, that is superb.

P.S: They retire almost all their songs way way too soon. How can something as great as "Like a Song" have only been played once ever??! They must not be able to play it I guess. Maybe they should call in that guitar guy hiding under the stage again for the Edge haha.

Achtung Baby is the last great U2 album. The Joshua Tree is their go to masterpiece, it's their Who's​ Next or Dark Side of the Moon. I think it's​ a great album. Personally, I have too many good memories attached to The Joshua Tree to feel otherwise.

As for U2 the band, I find them insufferable at times. A perfect example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

The Edge is a hack. Bono is full of himself. And the other two are two of the luckiest people in the world.

Hahahah!

I've been saying that about Clayton forever! At least Larry can play the drums.

• Like 2

It's an ok album. It's a step back or two from what came before and after, that's all.

I respect that but it's my second favourite U2 album, with my all time favourite U2 song.

I respect that but it's my second favourite U2 album, with my all time favourite U2 song.

Cool. I like several songs off the album. They still had that youthful self taught musicianship with October. I just liked it better at a young age, now that I am an old fart I find its youthful exuberance a little naive.

Cool. I like several songs off the album. They still had that youthful self taught musicianship with October. I just liked it better at a young age, now that I am an old fart I find its youthful exuberance a little naive.

I guess for me I like that early spark the most. That youthful, fresh aura that I LOVE about October is missing from everything after.

It just has a certain atmosphere I just love! Very atmospheric and it's simplicity is really beautiful.

I was in my 20`s in the 80`s and being brought up on the joyous 70`s , the greatest decade in Music ( yes I even thought the 60`s until the invention of the internet )

So in the 80`s for me most of it was utter shite

But I heard War and I liked it and I saw U2 in 85 at Milton Keynes and they had me gripped

Joshua Tree is a masterpiece for it`s time

It`s easy to slag it off now , but 20 years ago it stood out from the rest of the dross that was coming out at that time

And you have to give credit to U2 for not becoming the " Status Quo " of the 80`s they did not do Joshua Tree on repeat for the next ten years or so

Achtung Baby is a great album and I was lucky to see them on the Zooropa tour ,

U2 are an easy target with Bono in tow , but when it`s down to the music , they were a force in the studio and live

I confess I don`t listen to U2 as much as I did back then

But I move on , I will always give new bands a listen and if I did`nt I would still be stuck in the 70`s

• Like 2

I've loved U2 ever since New Year's Day came out. Still do.

Can't decide if Joshua Tree or Unforgettable Fire is their best album.

Sure, their albums after Achtung are spotty at best, but there's at least 2 good songs on each.

The Rose Bowl show a couple weeks ago was magical.

Hahahah!

Henry Rollins agrees. ;)

Hahahah!

Henry Rollins agrees. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKntmoeS7Uk

http://youtu.be/lHmlFRjp0O8