Howard Ungerleider on Future Touring

Ron2112

I smell toe jam and blame in here. And I've got no bread to spread them on.

Hahaha!

I'm watching "Logan" right now on blu-ray. Love it.... so far.

Fair enough Johnny. Just writing down some of my best Rush live memories.

Who gives a fuckk at the end of the day.

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Logan just came here yesterday. Will see it this weekend.

It's going to be hard to please me. Neither of the previous Wolverine movies have even come close to being passable. Half of the X-Men weren't good.

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Logan just came here yesterday. Will see it this weekend.

It's going to be hard to please me. Neither of the previous Wolverine movies have even come close to being passable. Half of the X-Men weren't good.

Johnny.

I hated all of those movies too.

Trust me. "Logan" will pass your test.

I'm listening to some Johnny Cash thanks to that movie tonight. I loved it.

• Like 1

There used to be a video game called Toe Jam And Earl. I had it on some system. Sega?

Yep.

Thanks for the memories pal.

My favorite video game ever. I spent way too much time playing that back in the day.

Neil's arms and joints are worn out.

Alex's fingers are worn out.

Geddy's voice is shot.

Its all three of them.

This

Neil won't bring it up for obvious reasons but I believe his family past is the number one reason he is done. The guilt inside him for missing a lot of Selena's youth while on tour or out galavanting around the country must have an impact on his decisions now as he has another young child to take care of.

• Like 1

Howard weighs in here......

http://www.rushisaba...dcast-interview

Here's the problem I have with the current "Neil's Physical Condition" party line:

Every physical problem described by Neil in his book was resultant from and/or exacerbated by his choice to travel 300 miles by motorcycle between shows. That's easily fixable, and if Neil truly loved playing, creating, or performing, he'd find a way to make it happen.

I'd have a lot more respect for the guy -- and fans would have a lot more closure -- if Neil would just say, "I'm tired of the business and I have enough money, so sorry -- I'm done." Which I suspect is a lot closer to the case. It was pretty much hinted at in the horrible "Middle 8" section of the last book. But I suppose it's not cool to tell the fans, "look, the only reason I stuck around since SnA was because I needed to shore up Olivia's college fund."

Neil had a great career, and quitting is certainly his right and his choice. But leaving fans, and apparently his bandmates hanging by citing physical conditions that may get better, just seems disingenouous.

So basically, Geddy and Alex toured for the fans, Neil toured for the money.

So now, I'm wondering if the rumor that he threw a temper tantrum halfway through R40 and threatened to quit the band is actually true.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

Neil's arms and joints are worn out.

Alex's fingers are worn out.

Geddy's voice is shot.

Its all three of them.

This

Neil won't bring it up for obvious reasons but I believe his family past is the number one reason he is done. The guilt inside him for missing a lot of Selena's youth while on tour or out galavanting around the country must have an impact on his decisions now as he has another young child to take care of.

Yes, I've always thought that he was hit extra hard with guilt. Even when he wasn't touring, he was always off somewhere, it seems.

Edited by hammerofthor

Here's the problem I have with the current "Neil's Physical Condition" party line:

Every physical problem described by Neil in his book was resultant from and/or exacerbated by his choice to travel 300 miles by motorcycle between shows. That's easily fixable, and if Neil truly loved playing, creating, or performing, he'd find a way to make it happen.

I'd have a lot more respect for the guy -- and fans would have a lot more closure -- if Neil would just say, "I'm tired of the business and I have enough money, so sorry -- I'm done." Which I suspect is a lot closer to the case. It was pretty much hinted at in the horrible "Middle 8" section of the last book. But I suppose it's not cool to tell the fans, "look, the only reason I stuck around since SnA was because I needed to shore up Olivia's college fund."

Neil had a great career, and quitting is certainly his right and his choice. But leaving fans, and apparently his bandmates hanging by citing physical conditions that may get better, just seems disingenouous.

So now, I'm wondering if the rumor that he threw a temper tantrum halfway through R40 and threatened to quit the band is actually true.

No, they all toured for the money. That's their job. Who wouldn't?

Tantrum? Come on. All indications are he was convinced, begrudgingly, to do those last 35 shows for R40. Management and Geddy and Alex wanted more. Neil said no. That's that.

• Like 1

Tantrum? Come on. All indications are he was convinced, begrudgingly, to do those last 35 shows for R40. Management and Geddy and Alex wanted more. Neil said no. That's that.

I like Geddy and Alex a lot, but the both of them seriously need to grow spines and put their foot down.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

I like Geddy and Alex a lot, but the both of them seriously need to grow spines and put their foot down.

Doesn't really matter anymore.

• Like 1

I'm totally satiated with what Rush have us, and the R40 tour was an improbable blessing.

We got to see them do stuff again we thought we would never hear again live.

My only gripe is their pussyfooting around the question of to what extent they are "done:.

That. Annoys. Me.

Just tell us what we can reasonably expect from 'Rush' in some form or other in the future.

A single possibly?

A limited engagement somewhere playing a short list of old stuff?

Don't leave us hanging.

Just say you're done as Rush for cridakes

I'm totally satiated with what Rush have us, and the R40 tour was an improbable blessing.

My only gripe is their pussyfooting around the question of to what extent they are "done:.

That. Annoys. Me.

Just tell us what we can reasonably expect from 'Rush' in some form or other in the future.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

Just say you're done as Rush for crisakes

Edited by rftag

:LOL:

YOU saying that Geddy & Alex need to grow spines?! YOU?!!

:LOL:

• Like 1

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

It may very well be that Geddy and Alex themselves are hopeful that Neil would change his mind one day.

As much as I hate to say it,Neil Peart is the Dennis DeYoung of Rush....and I think that if Geddy and Al truly enjoy being onstage and want to perform more, they should find their Lawrence Gowan.

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

It may very well be that Geddy and Alex themselves are hopeful that Neil would change his mind one day.

As much as I hate to say it,Neil Peart is the Dennis DeYoung of Rush....and I think that if Geddy and Al truly enjoy being onstage and want to perform more, they should find their Lawrence Gowan.

HAHAHAHA!!! You Hopeful Rushmantics crack me the fukk up!

Do you really think Geddy and Alex are just waiting around hoping that Neil wakes up one day and decides to get back in the studio and tour???? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What a shit show.

That would be like one of you Rush Boy Fanatics actually falling in love with a beautiful girl. You ask her to marry you but she says she has to sleep on it before she can give you an answer.

Her name is Sleeping Beauty.

LOL!!!

WAKE THE FUKK UP!

• Like 2

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

Didn't DeYoung reunite with Styx twice, have/had a solo career, sue the rest of Styx at one point, and do a little bit of stage acting? Then there were the creative differences.

So how is Peart like DeYoung? The 70s mustaches?

http://www.kshe95.com/sites/g/files/exi371/f/styles/emmis_xgallery_large/public/201504/styx_deyoung-cubs.jpg?itok=d0hYE2gD

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6031/6312446113_9d64507b62.jpg

http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/cheech-marin-600x450.jpg?w=600&h=450

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201312/2946.f.jpg

• Like 1

Why anyone at all would like this post is beyond. After 40 years you are owed absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

Also, of coarse he did it to build more wealth for things like his kids college. It's work what he does. Its a job. I work out of necessity not because I want to. He probably wished he could retire a long time before that.

You are going to judge his physical condition issues because you think its self inflicted? Sorry, but who cares what you think? If he couldn't do it on motorcycle he would have retired before S&A

Some of you people are just nuts. He wanted to retire, period end of story.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 2

Why anyone at all would like this post is beyond. After 40 years you are owed absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

Also, of coarse he did it to build more wealth for things like his kids college. It's work what he does. Its a job. I work out of necessity not because I want to. He probably wished he could retire a long time before that.

You are going to judge his physical condition issues because you think its self inflicted? Sorry, but who cares what you think? If he couldn't do it on motorcycle he would have retired before S&A

It's still bullshit that he killed the band for his own selfish desire and almost out of spite for Geddy and Alex. It's like he pretty much told them "Ha ha you can't do anything without me and I'm never going to perform ever again :)"

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

It's still bullshit that he killed the band for his own selfish desire and almost out of spite for Geddy and Alex. It's like he pretty much told them "Ha ha you can't do anything without me and I'm never going to perform ever again :)"

Selfish desire? Really? He didn't kill anything. He retired. He hasn't wanted to tour for the last 20 years so the fact that he did tells you how much he loves Geddy and Alex.

Also, no one is stopping them from continuing on as musicians. Just not as Rush.

• Like 6

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

That. Annoys. Me.

A single possibly?

Don't leave us hanging.

Neil killed the band? Are you familiar with the board game Clue?

Why doesn't Neil just put out a clear statement saying that he's done? That would not only be fair to his band mates and crew but also put an end to everyones misery!

Didn't he do that?

Edited to add:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/rushs-neil-peart-says-hes-retired-from-music/

Yes he did do just that. Many are still in denial.

Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 1