Setlist of never played live before songs

Earthshine

Many of us have songs we love by Rush that have never been played live before (as far as we know!). For me, there are tons of them that I have never seen them do live that I think would have been great played live and that I think others would have loved seeing live too.

This would be a special and unique concert, hence the length of it.

Just for fun, here's my setlist of never played live before songs:

Opening sequences: Like we've seen before, but something different, yet extremely funny, that only they could think of. A Three Stooges theme song that was possibly never used before and snippets of never played live before songs (kind of like Closer To The Heart and The Spirit Of Radio have been used in the past)?

Chain Lightning

Face Up

Between Sun & Moon

I Think I'm Going Bald

Dog Years

Hand Over Fist

Different Strings

Nocturne

Anagram (For Mongo)

The Big Wheel

Lessons

Bravest Face

The Twilight Zone

The Speed Of Love

INTERMISSION

Virtuality

Neurotica

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Red Tide

Heresy

Good News First

Second Nature

Rivendell

Tai Shan

Roll Away The Stone

Alien Shore (with drum solo!)

High Water

Everyday Glory

You Bet Your Life

Available Light

ENCORE

The Color Of Right

We Hold On

Closing sequence: Again, something funny yet finishing with serious pictures of the band over the years with instrumental music in the background; possibly written for this sequence only and never heard before by anyone. All created by the band.

Edited by Earthshine

Lessons has been done live I think, and this thread was already done :)

When was Lessons done live? Interesting. I am sure this thread had probably had been done already, but did not know where it was. Or how recent it had been done; i.e. post-Clockwork Angels. :)

Edited by Earthshine

When was Lessons done live? Interesting. I am sure this thread had probably had been done already, but did not know where it was. Or how recent it had been done; i.e. post-Clockwork Angels. :)

Idk but I thought it was done live. I would have to look up to make sure.

I think it was made 2-3 years ago idk, I would have to find it, but I know it exists.

• Like 1

Viturality was done live, I have it on bootleg.

I think Different Strings was done live same for Lessons, I would have to look it up to make sure thou.

When I saw them on the Test For Echo Tour I was pretty sure Virtuality was not done live. I would be very curious to know. But I am sure you have a bootleg of them playing it. I know they were alternating Time And Motion and Resist at the time. When I saw them, they did Resist. I would have preferred them play both. :)

When I saw them on the Permanent Waves Tour, the only songs not played from Permanent Waves were Entre Nous and Different Strings.

Not doubting any of what you are saying. :) I love learning more about the band here. Thank you! :ebert:

Edited by Earthshine
  • Like 1

I think Different Strings was done live same for Lessons, I would have to look it up to make sure thou.

When I saw them on the Test For Echo Tour I was pretty sure Virtuality was not done live. I would be very curious to know. But I am sure you have a bootleg of them playing it. I know they were alternating Time And Motion and Resist at the time. When I saw them, they did Resist. I would have preferred them play both. :)

When I saw them on the Permanent Waves Tour, the only song not played from Permanent Waves were Entre Nous and Different Strings.

Not doubting any of what you are saying. :) I love learning more about the band here. Thank you! :ebert:

Zumbi has a thread of bootlegs and there is one from Texas, download it and u will see what I mean :)

• Like 1

When I saw them on the Permanent Waves Tour, the only song not played from Permanent Waves were Entre Nous and Different Strings.

Zumbi has a thread of bootlegs and there is one from Texas, download it and u will see what I mean :)

found this bootleg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kff7rplek4mx54o/1996%20-%20Bigger%20%26%20Better%20In%20Texas.zip?dl=0

Between the Sun & Moon was played on the Vapor Trails tour.

Cut to the Chase is the CP song I'm bummed they ignored....well, Alien Shore also.

• Like 4

Yep, Virtuality was played. It could've been dropped like Time and Motion from the setlist at some point on the T4E tour...can't recall.

• Like 2

Between the Sun & Moon was played on the Vapor Trails tour.

Yeah, now that I think of it, I think it was played on the Counterparts tour too! Duh! Thanks!

Cut to the Chase is the CP song I'm bummed they ignored....well, Alien Shore also.

Yeah, Alien Shore definitely. I was very surprised that was not played live.

Edited by Earthshine

Well, thanks to the help and corrections of many of you, I have revised it! :)

Opening sequences: Like we've seen before, but something different, yet extremely funny, that only they could think of. A Three Stooges theme song that was possibly never used before and snippets of never played live before songs (kind of like Closer To The Heart and The Spirit Of Radio have been used in the past)?

Chain Lightning

Face Up

I Think I'm Going Bald

Dog Years

Hand Over Fist

Freeze (Part IV of "Fear")

Different Strings

Nocturne

Anagram (For Mongo)

The Big Wheel

Lessons

Bravest Face

Madrigal

The Speed Of Love

INTERMISSION

Emotion Detector

Neurotica

Open Secrets

Red Tide

Heresy

Good News First

Sweet Miracle

Second Nature

Rivendell

Tai Shan

Roll Away The Stone

High Water

Out Of The Cradle

Everyday Glory

You Bet Your Life

Available Light

ENCORE

The Color Of Right

We Hold On

Closing sequence: Again, something funny yet finishing with serious pictures of the band over the years with instrumental music in the background; possibly written for this sequence only and never heard before by anyone. All created by the band

• Like 1

Well, thanks to the help and corrections of many of you, I have revised it! :)

Chain Lightning

Face Up

I Think I'm Going Bald

Dog Years

Hand Over Fist

Freeze (Part IV of "Fear")

Different Strings

Nocturne

Anagram (For Mongo)

The Big Wheel

Lessons

Bravest Face

Madrigal

The Speed Of Love

INTERMISSION

Emotion Detector

Neurotica

Open Secrets

Red Tide

Heresy

Good News First

Sweet Miracle

Second Nature

Rivendell

Tai Shan

Roll Away The Stone

High Water

Out Of The Cradle

Everyday Glory

You Bet Your Life

Available Light

ENCORE

The Color Of Right

We Hold On

Closing sequence: Again, something funny yet finishing with serious pictures of the band over the years with instrumental music in the background; possibly written for this sequence only and never heard before by anyone. All created by the band

Tbh, I wouldn't be too excited about that set list. I don't even really want to hear half of it. Maybe a little more.

What I would do is this though:

I'd have a medley like they did for R30 BUT it'd be stuff off Victor and My Favorite Headache. I'd put this 5 song, 6-8 minute medley at the start of the second act. I'd have it consist of (and not in this order) Promise, Strip and Go Naked, My Favorite Headache, Home on the Strange, and Grace to Grace.

If Rush could play covers of their favorite artists during that R30 tour then surely they can play non-Rush tunes in medley form off Victor and MFH.

I'd only do it for this particular imaginary situation since it fits into the "never played live before" theme.

• Like 1

Idk but I thought it was done live. I would have to look up to make sure.

I think it was made 2-3 years ago idk, I would have to find it, but I know it exists.

I have serious doubt that they played "Lessons" ever, according to Robert Telleria, recently I don't think so...

This is probably, with the exception of Cut To The Chase and Lessons, a list of my least favorite songs.