ELO or Supertramp?

Texas King

ELO or Supertramp?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ELO or Supertramp?

Honestly, I am shocked that ELO is winning this poll. After their first album, their sound grew old fast with me. Apparently, I am in the minority.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. This is a RUSH fan forum, and ELO is more pop, whereas Supertramp has more truly proggish tracks. Epics, even.

ELO > Supertramp?

Bloody well wrong.

• Like 2

Honestly, I am shocked that ELO is winning this poll. After their first album, their sound grew old fast with me. Apparently, I am in the minority.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. This is a RUSH fan forum, and ELO is more pop, whereas Supertramp has more truly proggish tracks. Epics, even.

ELO > Supertramp?

Bloody well wrong.

Rush and their music straight from the start was full of pop and commercial hooks.

• Like 3

ELO > Supertramp?

Bloody well wrong.

Rush and their music straight from the start was full of pop and commercial hooks.

:yes:
  • Like 1

ELO, I think it is because they were my childhood band, listened to them everyday for like 2 or 3 years starting when I was 10.

So more of a personal reason why I like them more, but both great bands

Edited by Bigbobby10
  • Like 2

ELO is a great favorite!

Great indeed! One of the first bands I ever got into. Great, huge tapestry of music. Give Face The Music a spin.

• Like 3

If anyone goes to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2, they use Mr. Blue Sky by ELO in the opening scene with little Groot grooving out to the song. :yay:

That album is my favorite, Into the Blue. That music always makes me smile and bop around the room, it came along to cheer me up in a rough patch. I always take their greatest hits when I go on a trip in the car, it is great driving music for me and I'm smiling the whole time :dweez: :wub:

• Like 4

It was also cool to see Dhani Harrison nominate ELO into the RROHF this year :musicnote: :guitar:
  • Like 2

ELO > Supertramp?

Bloody well wrong.

Its less about genre for me, but more about how well the music communicates. ELO wrote music I connect with more, not so much with supertramp.

Rush at their most proggiest however, still connects with me loads more than ELO. Its more about what a band is saying and how well a band communicates this, for me.

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

While I do like Supertramp, it's always ELO for me, they're one of my top 10 groups. Out of the Blue is one of my top ten albums (of all my bands, I mean, not just their stuff). Yes, they got a little too pop-ish as the years went on, but they had awesome stuff their first half. A New World Record? Brilliant! Shangri-La - lovely!!
  • Like 2

It was also cool to see Dhani Harrison nominate ELO into the RROHF this year :musicnote: :guitar:

I was there (I know, I keep saying this on every post, but it was really so exciting) and yeah, it was great to see him, he was so cute and funny and interesting and quirky!!

• Like 1

Tough for me as I love both these bands

But E.L.O. nick it

A New World Record is a masterpiece :cool:

• Like 1