Chris Cornell has died aged 52

I haven't been here at TRF in months. I came today because I knew there would be a thread for Chris.

My life has pretty well been turned upside down over the last year, personal stuff, and Chris' music has been my lifeline, my soul's comfort, a few moments of happiness in the middle of rotten circumstances.

More than any other musician - and I love Rush, of course, and Yes, and Floyd (esp David Gilmour) but Chris? Chris spoke for me when I couldn't. He raged for me when I was too shy to show my own anger. He lifted me out of myself time and time again.

I am utterly and truly heartbroken. I will never get over this, ever.

I hope you all will indulge a random drop in from a member many of you don't even know... I just had to come and find a place where others would be mourning him.

We have lots of RIP threads in here, especially over the last year and a half. Most top out at 3-5 pages, I would guess. The fact that this one is at 13 pages after only six days tells you something about Chris' reach.

They had a moment of silence for him at the billboard music awards. That's not something that gets done for just anyone. His impact and reach was enormous.

• Like 2

I haven't been here at TRF in months. I came today because I knew there would be a thread for Chris.

My life has pretty well been turned upside down over the last year, personal stuff, and Chris' music has been my lifeline, my soul's comfort, a few moments of happiness in the middle of rotten circumstances.

More than any other musician - and I love Rush, of course, and Yes, and Floyd (esp David Gilmour) but Chris? Chris spoke for me when I couldn't. He raged for me when I was too shy to show my own anger. He lifted me out of myself time and time again.

I hope you all will indulge a random drop in from a member many of you don't even know... I just had to come and find a place where others would be mourning him.

We have lots of RIP threads in here, especially over the last year and a half. Most top out at 3-5 pages, I would guess. The fact that this one is at 13 pages after only six days tells you something about Chris' reach.

They had a moment of silence for him at the billboard music awards. That's not something that gets done for just anyone. His impact and reach was enormous.

Indeed it was :(

• Like 1

The profile picture on Soundgarden's facebook page went totally black.

Very profound.

I was just reading yesterday on some of his real estate holding's...man he and his wife had some serious coin. Like a $30k a month 3000 sq ft condo in South Beach to start. A house and restaurant in Paris. I'm thinking he made some good loot when Soundgarden was really hot in the early 90s and record sales made guys rich. It sounds like his wife came from a prosperous family as well. Not judging at all...just hopefully relieved that his wife and kids will be well taken care of financially.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

That's pretty creepy:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2017/05/25/room-where-chris-cornell-died-not-available-to-book/336297001/

It would be pretty disturbing to me to even have a room close to that room.

But when you think about it, it would probably be weird to wonder what shit went down in any hotel room you're staying in.

• Like 1

Very profound.

I was just reading yesterday on some of his real estate holding's...man he and his wife had some serious coin. Like a $30k a month 3000 sq ft condo in South Beach to start. A house and restaurant in Paris. I'm thinking he made some good loot when Soundgarden was really hot in the early 90s and record sales made guys rich. It sounds like his wife came from a prosperous family as well. Not judging at all...just hopefully relieved that his wife and kids will be well taken care of financially.

Don't forget his other band Audioslave was very successful as well. He did decent enough with his solo material and the Soundgarden reunion no doubt was making good money. Yeah, his wife and kids are probably set for life financially.

• Like 2

Very profound.

Don't forget his other band Audioslave was very successful as well. He did decent enough with his solo material and the Soundgarden reunion no doubt was making good money. Yeah, his wife and kids are probably set for life financially.

I read he was worth around $60 million.

• Like 2

Very profound.

this seems to support that:

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/chris-cornell-net-worth/

damn. The logical side of me is really disappointed that he had the means to do anything for the rest of his life, or get whatever additional help he needed.

• Like 1

:hug2:
  • Like 1

Very profound.

this seems to support that:

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/chris-cornell-net-worth/

damn. The logical side of me is really disappointed that he had the means to do anything for the rest of his life, or get whatever additional help he needed.

It doesn't seem that he was in a bad place leading up to this according to his wife. So, getting the help he needed may not have been an issue. She thinks he took too much of his anti anxiety meds which messed with his mind and put him in a state that caused him to take his life.

Obviously we won't know for sure until the toxicology report is released. But it does seem like this could be the case.

Okay, somebody take pity on the old gal and explain how the HELL I embed a YT video.

Jesus, I feel like such a geezer.

• Like 1

Okay, somebody take pity on the old gal and explain how the HELL I embed a YT video.

Find the Share link below the video. Paste the link that pops up into your post, but be sure to delete the "s" in "https".

• Like 1

Find the Share link below the video. Paste the link that pops up into your post, but be sure to delete the "s" in "https".

You're a prince among men.

All I do with the links is take the "s" out of "https" and copy and paste the link here when i'm on my laptop. I only use the "share" option if i'm on my phone.

I think she chose Embed before copying the link. That puts HTML code into it, and that won't work in here.

You also have to uncheck the Share Playlist box if it's there, because that also adds extra code that the board can't use.

• Like 1

All I do with the links is take the "s" out of "https" and copy and paste the link here when i'm on my laptop. I only use the "share" option if i'm on my phone.

I think she chose Embed before copying the link. That puts HTML code into it, and that won't work in here.

You also have to uncheck the Share Playlist box if it's there, because that also adds extra code that the board can't use.

Yes, grandmaw finally figured it out. Thanks, kids.

Yes, grandmaw finally figured it out. Thanks, kids.

Did you make cookies, grandmaw? I think I smell cookies.