Chris Cornell has died aged 52

Beautiful tribute from Dream Theater.. wtf?

http://www.blabbermo...harest-concert/

I'll let that one slide. Their intentions were good but it's not a song they play all the time so LaBrie forgetting the lyrics isn't that big of a deal to me.

Heart was in the right place.

• Like 4

Excellent job!

My favorite from Down On The Upside.

He seems to break down at around 4:21.

Yeah, I was wondering if that's what happened there.

All these musicians know each other. They've played so many shows and been involved in so many other things with one another over the years. All of them have lost a friend here.

I'll let that one slide. Their intentions were good but it's not a song they play all the time so LaBrie forgetting the lyrics isn't that big of a deal to me.

Yeah I get that. But you could also say that perhaps they were jumpin on the tribute bandwagon. I could see DT perhaps not diggin Soundgarden style music. Every other tribute I've seen seems much more heartfelt and personel.

Yeah I get that. But you could also say that perhaps they were jumpin on the tribute bandwagon. I could see DT perhaps not diggin Soundgarden style music. Every other tribute I've seen seems much more heartfelt and personel.

Well the fact they forgot the words makes me think this could be the case. It might have been an awkward situation where you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well the fact they forgot the words makes me think this could be the case. It might have been an awkward situation where you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Why not have the lyrics in front of you? Someone like Labrie, who's no rookie, should know better. It just comes across as amateur hour.

Why not have the lyrics in front of you? Someone like Labrie, who's no rookie, should know better. It just comes across as amateur hour.

It definitely looks bad on them.

It definitely looks bad on them.

Maybe alot of people are very upset Chris is suddenly gone and are just expressing grief?

I am seeing Tool soon, am a big Chris Cornell fan, and hoping against hope the band keeps any tributes to before they hit the stage.

• Like 1

I haven't been here at TRF in months. I came today because I knew there would be a thread for Chris.

My life has pretty well been turned upside down over the last year, personal stuff, and Chris' music has been my lifeline, my soul's comfort, a few moments of happiness in the middle of rotten circumstances.

More than any other musician - and I love Rush, of course, and Yes, and Floyd (esp David Gilmour) but Chris? Chris spoke for me when I couldn't. He raged for me when I was too shy to show my own anger. He lifted me out of myself time and time again.

I am utterly and truly heartbroken. I will never get over this, ever.

I hope you all will indulge a random drop in from a member many of you don't even know... I just had to come and find a place where others would be mourning him.

• Like 18

I haven't been here at TRF in months. I came today because I knew there would be a thread for Chris.

My life has pretty well been turned upside down over the last year, personal stuff, and Chris' music has been my lifeline, my soul's comfort, a few moments of happiness in the middle of rotten circumstances.

More than any other musician - and I love Rush, of course, and Yes, and Floyd (esp David Gilmour) but Chris? Chris spoke for me when I couldn't. He raged for me when I was too shy to show my own anger. He lifted me out of myself time and time again.

I hope you all will indulge a random drop in from a member many of you don't even know... I just had to come and find a place where others would be mourning him.

We have lots of RIP threads in here, especially over the last year and a half. Most top out at 3-5 pages, I would guess. The fact that this one is at 13 pages after only six days tells you something about Chris' reach.

• Like 5

We have lots of RIP threads in here, especially over the last year and a half. Most top out at 3-5 pages, I would guess. The fact that this one is at 13 pages after only six days tells you something about Chris' reach.

Yeah, it does.

He was amazing. I've been listening to him non-stop, and yet all I can do is cry. Instead of being grateful for the music that remains, I'm pissed that there will never be any more.

• Like 2

Yeah, it does.

He was amazing. I've been listening to him non-stop, and yet all I can do is cry. Instead of being grateful for the music that remains, I'm pissed that there will never be any more.

Glad you stopped in, sorry it was under these circumstances. I think we've all listened to a lot of Chris' music this week and found increased appreciation for what he brought.

• Like 3