Chris Cornell has died aged 52

Those of you who can't relate to mental illness and depression that could drive even the most successful person to suicide...

all I can say is: Be grateful that you can't.

Yes, it's awful and tragic and senseless. But a depressed or mentally ill mind CANNOT and DOES NOT see this.

AMEN!!!!!!

• Like 2

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/arts/music/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden.html

"found with band around neck"

mother f***ing suicide.

I truely can't identify with mental illness or depression that causes one to snap like this. Especially when you have so much in your life like a wife and kids. If he didn't want to continue to perform, or felt he wasn't up to standard, then f**k that and just do something else.

One of the best tracks on Down On the Upside. This will probably make you cry if you play it.

3. Zero Chance

I think I know the answer

I stumbled on and all the world fell down

And all the sky went silent

Cracked like glass and slowly

Tumbled to the ground

They say if you look hard

You'll find your way back home

Born without a friend

And bound to die alone

I'm thinking of your highness

And crying long upon the loss

I've found

And on the plus and minus

Zero chance of ever

Turning this around

Why doesn't anyone believe

In loneliness

Stand up and everyone will see

Your holiness

They say if you look hard

You'll find your way back home

Born without a friend

And bound to die alone

Yeah, just f**k that and do something else. So easy right? You clearly know nothing about mental illness and depression.

• Like 4

Can we please not let this thread disintegrate into arguing.

A comment was made in the moment, a reaction that was very honest and as has been pointed out, many are fortunate to not understand the darkness of depression.

Let's remind ourselves we all have different outlooks and experiences.

• Like 8

Really shocked and sad about this. Huge part of my twenties. Soundgarden was a unique force among those early nineties bands.

I'll be playing Soundgarden all day. Damn

• Like 2

Can we please not let this thread disintegrate into arguing.

A comment was made in the moment, a reaction that was very honest and as has been pointed out, many are fortunate to not understand the darkness of depression.

Let's remind ourselves we all have different outlooks and experiences.

There's also different ways of understanding depression too.

• Like 1

Really shocked and sad about this. Huge part of my twenties. Soundgarden was a unique force among those early nineties bands.

I've been listening to Cornell for the last week, coincidentally. I had actually been looking to see if he was coming close to Boston with any of his bands, or solo, in the last few days. When I woke up this morning and heard this news I was stunned.

I'm listening to Audioslave's debut album right now. Such a great range. With Myles Kennedy and Andrew Stockdale, he was one of the best singers working right now, IMO.

• Like 4

I've been listening to Cornell for the last week, coincidentally. I had actually been looking to see if he was coming close to Boston with any of his bands, or solo, in the last few days. When I woke up this morning and heard this news I was stunned.

I'm listening to Audioslave's debut album right now. Such a great range. With Myles Kennedy and Andrew Stockdale, he was one of the best singers working right now, IMO.

I need to catchup on Wolfmother. Haven't listened to anything aside from the debut.

Like I said before....this appears to be a repeat of what happened to Robin Williams :(

Stop comparing suicides. No one values your genius theories. We are grieving the loss of a major talent just last night, we don't need to start analysing and comparing to other tragedies.

• Like 4

Giving Down on the Upside a spin today. He was such a talent

I bought that one today. Played it too. One song aside (Ty Cobb), I liked it very, VERY much. Top three album for me.

• Like 2

RIP Chris

I was not a fan of the music, but as a fan of music, he inspired a lot of people and was a giant in the music world ... And probably even a bigger part of his family's life, which makes this tragedy even sadder

When I saw the thread title, I thought that must have been some other person with his name that I wasn't familiar with -- totally shocking ... RIP

• Like 3

Like I said before....this appears to be a repeat of what happened to Robin Williams :(

Stop comparing suicides. No one values your genius theories. We are grieving the loss of a major talent just last night, we don't need to start analysing and comparing to other tragedies.

How dare you f***ing insinuate that I'm trying to downplay Chris' death.

I was simply pointing out the similarities in both cases.

Do you really think of me that little that you'd think I'd not feel any sort of grief towards someone ending their own life? That's low.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

How dare you f***ing insinuate that I'm trying to downplay Chris' death.

I was simply pointing out the similarities in both cases.

Do you really think of me that little that you'd think I'd not feel any sort of grief towards someone ending their own life? That's low.

Piss off.

• Like 3