Stevie Nicks VS Janis Joplin?

Texas King

Stevie Nicks VS Janis Joplin?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Stevie Nicks VS Janis Joplin?

With this, yet another, odd match-up I pick Stevie Nicks. Janis Joplin is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

I agree.

She just always looked dirty to me. Like someone who drooled all the time.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Stevie but both are legends. I'd like this to draw!
  • Like 1

With this, yet another, odd match-up I pick Stevie Nicks. Janis Joplin is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

I agree.

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

Ok. I realize that what I'm going say now is controversial but...

Janis Joplin was so overrated. She's a screeching howler monkey. She's just one of the first party girls who dared screech out rock and roll tunes and thusly must be revered. I cannot stand to listen to her.

So, yeah, I'm going with Stevie Nicks because she can actually carry a tune and not sound like cb white noise cranked up to 11.

• Like 6

Janis Joplin was so overrated. She's a screeching howler monkey. She's just one of the first party girls who dared screech out rock and roll tunes and thusly must be revered. I cannot stand to listen to her.

So, yeah, I'm going with Stevie Nicks because she can actually carry a tune and not sound like cb white noise cranked up to 11.

This.

I agree.

That's funny because one of my brothers used to say that she looks like she smells. :LOL:

Smell or no smell, drool or no drool, this is an easy Stevie Nicks vote for me.

This.

Same here. Big time.

• Like 1

Stevie is tremendous.

But Janis was otherworldly.

Decision Janis, for me. One of my favorite blues belters, ever.

• Like 3

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/southern-comfort_zpsratmiwy8.jpg
  • Like 3

I went with Janis but I agree with Custom 55, it really is comparing apples and oranges. Janis was a raw, honest hard rock and blues singer; Stevie Nicks has a really beautiful voice but basically sings pop songs.

Nicks just finished a tour with Chrissie Hynde opening for her; it was supposed to be an awesome show! Hynde is someone maybe more in the Joplin vein, or has parts of both! I :heart: her.

I don't know much of Janis's work, but i love fleetwood mac so my vote goes for Stevie.

You people... Rush fans are supposed to be smart! :/

How is Stevie winning this?

No one had more soul than Janis!!

Check out mama cass in this video.. she's the one with her mouth hanging open in awe !

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 5