New Steven Wilson Track: Pariah

Already ordered the deluxe box set. :drool: :yay:

I'm gonna get on that myself. It's actually quite affordable and under $100 (shipping included) this time!

Based on the description of this new box, the HCE box is light years ahead in terms of artfulness and content. I have it, and it's as much a work of art as it is a supplement to the musical story. Worth every penny I paid.

I didn't order the new box because it seemed more like filler to justify the box set premium price than it did execution of a vision that the HCE box set was. This is a bluray only release for me.

Edited by stoopid

One thing I want to mention is how subtle yet incredibly awesome I think the swirling electronic "soundscape" sounds are in the beginning of Pariah. It's trivial stuff such as that in the production which makes me excited most when listening to SW's music.

His attention to detail is one of his greatest contributions to prog.

• Like 1

Already ordered the deluxe box set. :drool: :yay:

I may have done the same . . .

I love the song. Goosebumps when Ninet hits that note as the drums kick in.

I missed out on the deluxe box set with H.C.E. somehow so didn't want to take that chance again.

I have only listened to the single once so far. At first I planned to resist until the album release to savor the whole thing in its proper context. Of course that resolve lasted about 1 hour and I caved, LOL! I need to listen to it more actively since the first was over my phone on Spotify while I was folding laundry (LOL). My initial feeling was positive, but for some reason I am ambivalent about how big a role Ninet may play. I mean she has a great voice, sure, but I want to hear Steven. That's why I buy his albums. Am I jealous or something? LOL!

• Like 1

Does "The Governor" not play on the new album??

Any Mute Gods on that album?? :haz: :smoke:

2 listens and high grade shit as usual.

Kinda depressing as usual too....

... yeah, but two or three more listens and a few drinks later, it's also uplifting. :tempted:

• Like 1

2 listens and high grade shit as usual.

Kinda depressing as usual too....

... yeah, but two or three more listens and a few drinks later, it's also uplifting. :tempted:

So true. A musical paradoxical effect i suppose.

• Like 2

One thing I want to mention is how subtle yet incredibly awesome I think the swirling electronic "soundscape" sounds are in the beginning of Pariah. It's trivial stuff such as that in the production which makes me excited most when listening to SW's music.

His attention to detail is one of his greatest contributions to prog.

Indeed. Even my sister who doesn't listen to SW but does know of him cause of me commented how awesome the song is both compositionally and production wise.

Great tune. Wish it was longer.

"take comfort from me" is a great little melodic hook.

verse A F#m E D with a Dm bridging to the chorus

chorus E F#m C#m D

How come some folks can make such great things from the same old chords?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Got tickets for the first night at the RAH and for Berlin (going on a little vacation at half term).
  • Like 5

Got tickets for both nights at the Albert Hall :)

Jealous!! Can't wait for the North American tour announcement! Hoping for at the very least Atlanta but praying for Nashville. Oh, and in June or July 'cause that's when I am not traveling myself. Sure would be cool to see him in RAH though. :drool:

• Like 1

Jealous!! Can't wait for the North American tour announcement! Hoping for at the very least Atlanta but praying for Nashville. Oh, and in June or July 'cause that's when I am not traveling myself. Sure would be cool to see him in RAH though. :drool:

Fingers crossed for Nashville! :)

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for Nashville! :)

Thanks! I'll take it.

• Like 1

Steven's lyrical edge has gone downhill relatively quicker than I thought. Not much a fan of his writing on this track, even though I like it. It seems he really peaked in terms of lyrics with Grace for Drowning and TRTRTS. HCE, for me, is a pretty good concept album and Steven really got the nail on the head, especially with Ancestral, which is a KILLER track. I have high hopes for To the Bone, but if this track is going to be judged for anything...not sure I can keep my hopes up for long.

A new track is out, this one's quite a bit different...

I don't much care for the falsetto vocals at the beginning, but the chorus is absolutely killer. I feel like this song has quite a few modern Rush-esq notes to it too. Really, really good.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/219938739

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Very good song and to me, it sounds a bit like the Mute Gods have assumed control. :AlienSmiley:

Thanks for posting KJ. :cheers: