Your fave shredder?

Texas King

Your fave shredder?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Your fave shredder?

• Eddie Van Halen (creator of shredding)
    • Buckethead
    • Steve Vai
    • Yngwie Malmsteen
    • Randy Rhoads
    • John Petrucci
    • Paul Gilbert
    • Zakk Wylde
    • Jason Becker
    • Joe Satriani
    • Shawn Lane
    • Marty Friedman
    • I can't decide.

I think Alex shreds.

Alex wins.

Also Dave Mustaine is an excellent shredder.

And I do like EVH and John Petrucci a lot as well.

Never thought of Petrucci as a shredder. If Marty Friedman is on this list than Dave Mustaine sure as hell should be. But both are more than just shredders. Especially Mustaine.

Just noticed that. Yeah Mustaine defines shredding as far as I'm concerned.

Never thought of Petrucci as a shredder. If Marty Friedman is on this list than Dave Mustaine sure as hell should be. But both are more than just shredders. Especially Mustaine.

Mustaine is a great riff writer as well.

Same with Petrucci. He does shred with some of his solos but he's also superb with his riffs and melodic playing.

• Like 1

Mustaine is a great riff writer as well.

Same with Petrucci. He does shred with some of his solos but he's also superb with his riffs and melodic playing.

That's what I like. Players who play music.

• Like 2

Eddie Van Halen got all his shredding ideas from Allan Holdsworth just to remind you...

Holdsworth really does not get the credit he deserves. Seems fellow musicians are aware of his amazing contributions, but not the wider public.

He did so much for the guitar, thats not widely known, others have

taken, sold well in a flash, brash manner.

I'd pick Guthrie Goven Mr Gilbert or michael angelo batio, though Batio's guitar tone and musicality is something I really don't like.

• Like 2

Eddie Van Halen got all his shredding ideas from Allan Holdsworth just to remind you...

Holdsworth really does not get the credit he deserves. Seems fellow musicians are aware of his amazing contributions, but not the wider public.

I'd pick Guthrie Goven Mr Gilbert or michael angelo batio, though Batio's guitar tone and musicality is something I really don't like.

Goven is the Governor! :guitar:

• Like 2

Vai is scared of him!

Guthrie Goven is a great guitarist, I mean what he does make musical sense to me, he's very very tasty, musically, and technically a demon, not many can touch him.

• Like 1

Vai is scared of him!

Guthrie Goven is a great guitarist, I mean what he does make musical sense to me, he's very very tasty, musically, and technically a demon, not many can touch him.

Vai is scared of a lot of guys nowadays, he won't even mention Buckethead's name or look at his catalogue of albums, Andy Timmons makes his bladder empty!

• Like 2

The best 'shredders' are Hall & Oates.

Don't believe me? Watch this...

As for real shredders - you're all going to be haters but I voted for Yngwie Malmsteen. Excluding his (frequent) arrogant remarks, he is a phenomenal 'shred' guitarist.

And seriously no Ritchie Blackmore? This list is USELESS!

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 1