Presto or RTB?

chain__lightning

I listened to everything released before AFTK and after Signals this week. God, Presto and RTB are mediocre albums. Not as horrid as HYF, but not even on the same planet as the golden era material.

I listened to both Presto and AFTK this week, and Presto destroys AFTK as far as I'm concerned.

I listened to everything released before AFTK and after Signals this week. God, Presto and RTB are mediocre albums. Not as horrid as HYF, but not even on the same planet as the golden era material.

I listened to both Presto and AFTK this week, and Presto destroys AFTK as far as I'm concerned.

I think AFTK is, by far, their most overrated album. I love Xanadu. I don't really love anything else on that album. CttH is not a favorite of mine, and I actually think Cygnus X-1 is unlistenable in places.

I think AFTK is, by far, their most overrated album.

you guys are punking me.

• Like 1

you guys are punking me.

Dead serious, my friend. I know people here LOVE it (I know it's not overrated in the general public, where's it's basically unknown, I meant here), but the songs just don't click for me.

I :heart: the piccolo snare.

Honestly, I do!

Sounds like someone hitting a coffee can.

:no:

The DW's sound more like cans. The picolo snare is tight, crisp, with a jazz feel.

That's not a very nice thing to say about coffee cans. ;)

I think AFTK is, by far, their most overrated album. I love Xanadu. I don't really love anything else on that album. CttH is not a favorite of mine, and I actually think Cygnus X-1 is unlistenable in places.

:huh:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

you guys are punking me.

Dead serious, my friend. I know people here LOVE it (I know it's not overrated in the general public, where's it's basically unknown, I meant here), but the songs just don't click for me.

It's arguably my favorite album. May have something to do with me being 15 when it came out. Was also my first Rush concert.

I :heart: the piccolo snare.

Honestly, I do!

Sounds like someone hitting a coffee can.

:no:

The DW's sound more like cans. The picolo snare is tight, crisp, with a jazz feel.

That's not a very nice thing to say about coffee cans. ;)

:LOL:
  • Like 1

you guys are punking me.

It's arguably my favorite album. May have something to do with me being 15 when it came out. Was also my first Rush concert.

I think that does play a role in things. I was 12 when PeW came out and it was my first introduction to Rush. So it and MP flip flop as my favorite album.

RTB pretty easily for me. I do like about half of Presto, but yeah the thin production.

Presto. It has more good songs and nothing quite as bad as Heresy.

I don't know I think Superconductor and Scars are worse than that.

You Bet Your Life is much worse than any of those. Peart trying to be playful and clever with those lyrics just doesn’t work for me. YBYL would have to be in my top 3 worst Rush tunes

• Like 1

You Bet Your Life is much worse than any of those. Peart trying to be playful and clever with those lyrics just doesn’t work for me. YBYL would have to be in my top 3 worst Rush tunes

That bit at the end is the Roll the Bones rap part 2.

I don’t even remember the end as I haven’t listened to it in 5-10 years

• Like 1

RTB for me.Although Presto has some killer tracks it also has some duds(Scars,Anagram) and the production is weaker .RTB is great and I have no trouble playing MP or Hem alongside it.RTB has a consistency to it.And yes I am waiting for the ‘consistently bad’ comment.

You'll listen to it again, it's just a matter of time...

RTB for me.Although Presto has some killer tracks it also has some duds(Scars,Anagram) and the production is weaker .RTB is great and I have no trouble playing MP or Hem alongside it.RTB has a consistency to it.

A consistency that made it RUSH's most successfully charting album in terms of singles. Surprising to some, perhaps.
  • Like 1

I listened to the album last year and a few years ago and I stopped it before the last two tracks can play. I actually only like 3 songs off of it. Half of it is stuff I think is just okay or barely passable, 3 others I dislike.

I listened to the album last year and a few years ago and I stopped it before the last two tracks can play. I actually only like 3 songs off of it. Half of it is stuff I think is just okay or barely passable, 3 others I dislike.

It's not heavy metal enough for you that's why!

It's not heavy metal enough for you that's why!

Yeah maybe

• Like 1