Presto or RTB?

chain__lightning

I think if there was any other song from Presto they wanted to resurrect, they would have done it on one of the last few tours (like they did with the title track).

Neil said he wanted to do Hand Over Fist on R40. I presume he was out voted. Maybe that's why he retired?!!!

The rock must stand alone

RTB in a landslide. The sound is similar on both, and both were efforts to get away from the malaise of the synth era, but RTB brought great songs and actual relevance to the band for the first time since Signals shat away the fan base which had been built up for so long. It also is the last album to sell more than the previous one, reversing a slide which began with....you guessed it....Signals. I still hear Dreamline and GOAC on the radio. Presto, not so much. Edited by LedRush

I think if there was any other song from Presto they wanted to resurrect, they would have done it on one of the last few tours (like they did with the title track).

Neil said he wanted to do Hand Over Fist on R40. I presume he was out voted. Maybe that's why he retired?!!!

Hearing any Presto filler track would've been a dream come true, especially Chain Lightning.

And where'd you hear him say that?

• Like 1

RTB in a landslide. The sound is similar on both, and both were efforts to get away from the malaise of the synth era, but RTB brought great songs and actual relevance to the band for the first time since Signals shat away the fan base which had been built up for so long. It also is the last album to sell more than the previous one, reversing a slide which began with....you guessed it....Signals. I still hear Dreamline and GOAC on the radio. Presto, not so much.

It's hard to deny the success of RTB.

"Do you want rabbit shit or corpses?" is how I view this question.

Neither, boi.

"Oh but Counterparts is an all time classic and my opinion on that is surely not absurd compared to those who like these two earlier albums. Oh look at me liking an underdog album pooping from a great height on two other lesser rated Rush albums. Aren't I clever!"

Hearing any Presto filler track would've been a dream come true, especially Chain Lightning.

And where'd you hear him say that?

Can't remember if it was in an interview or one of his blogs. He was either talking about the Clockwork Angels tour or R40.

I'd choose Presto by far, though I love RTB.

PRESTO by far! But man I loved the "Roll The Bones" Tour! Saw PRIMUS open for RUSH three times!

PRIMUS SUCKS!

SO DOES "VAPOR TRAILS!" LOL!

Inside fuckking jokes rule.

• Like 2

But man I loved the "Roll The Bones" Tour! Saw PRIMUS open for RUSH three times!

PRIMUS SUCKS!

:D Yeah they were great at those shows. Although to paraphrase Billy Connolly's comments about the time he opened for Elton John - they went down like a fart in a spacesuit with most of the audience.

Edited by Lurkst

Neil said he wanted to do Hand Over Fist on R40.

That would have been great to hear and see performed. I've always loved that tune.

But man I loved the "Roll The Bones" Tour! Saw PRIMUS open for RUSH three times!

PRIMUS SUCKS!

:D Yeah they were great at those shows. Although to paraphrase Billy Connolly's comments about the time he opened for Elton John - they went down like a fart in a spacesuit with most of the audience.

Opening for RUSH would be like opening for KISS. No way are most of their fans going to be glad you're there playing.

That would have been great to hear and see performed. I've always loved that tune.

Especially that guitar solo. It rings out and sounds amazing

• Like 1

:yes:

My favorite passage in the whole song is the bit that starts with "How can we ever agree? Like the rest of the world, we grow father apart"...the music underneath, and the emotion Geddy gives to the vocal...just superb.

I haven't been listening to Rush at all lately. I may need to give Presto a spin.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

:yes:

My favorite passage in the whole song is the bit that starts with "How can we ever agree? Like the rest of the world, we grow father apart"...the music underneath, and the emotion Geddy gives to the vocal...just superb.

I haven't been listening to Rush at all lately. I may need to give Presto a spin.

Presto and Roll The Bones were the two albums I listened too most recently. I love them both!

• Like 2

RTB.

That said, Presto has some great songs.

Expanding on this:

Presto has The Pass, Show Don't Tell, Chain Lightning, the title cut, and Available Light.

RTB has Dreamline, Bravado, and Ghost of a Chance

I should go with Presto.. but those three songs on RTB are so huge for me that they tilt it towards Bones.

• Like 1

I'd choose Presto by far, though I love RTB.

PRESTO by far! But man I loved the "Roll The Bones" Tour! Saw PRIMUS open for RUSH three times!

PRIMUS SUCKS!

SO DOES "VAPOR TRAILS!" LOL!

Inside fuckking jokes rule.

I loved that tour too... Saw it twice, but Primus was only the opener for one of the shows I saw. It was killer.

I would've loved to have seen Voivod opening for Rush on the Presto tour...

The other opener I wish I'd seen was Eric Johnson during RTB... it was great to see Primus, loved that. But I could take or leave Mr Big....