Rate the song Here Again

JARG

It's a mad house!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had enough of these goddamn polls?

• Yes
    • Hell yes

I realize it's not the point of the thread but Here Again is a great tune. As far as the polls go, I can weed through them and find about 20% of them thought provoking enough to respond to. They bother about as much as 80 degrees, bright sunshine and 50% relative humidity...
  • Like 4

I realize it's not the point of the thread but Here Again is a great tune. As far as the polls go, I can weed through them and find about 20% of them thought provoking enough to respond to. They bother about as much as 80 degrees, bright sunshine and 50% relative humidity...

That doesn't bother me at all! :D

Here Again is a solid tune.

As for polls, I don't think there's too many right now. Rush, the main reason I believe we all winded up here in the first place, is no longer an active band. The polls gives us something to talk about and sparking discussion is the point of message boards. So the polls are serving their purpose.

• Like 2

This is a hard one to rate...

6/10.

On record it sounds like a fairly average, meandering classic rock song (with token rock/blues lead guitar).

But I think that seeing it done live in a small bar, with young Geddy, Alex and Rutsey playing their hearts out, the song would have been very good 8/10. I honestly think some songs don't work in the studio - you need to see/hear/'feel' the song done live.

• Like 2

It would've been great live but as a studio track it's a little bit boring. Personally I think they recorded it way too slow.

Polls are generally kind of boring because they usually just require a yes or no. You don't get a lot of discussion going.

Edited by EagleMoon

I love Here Again...top 5 favorite.

Had this been a real poll, I would've rated it 9/10.

What about that remaining point, you ask?

I don't know...it's not a real poll.

Had I rated it 10 you probably would claim I was overzealous.

But it is an excellent song.

It's ok but not earth shattering and as mentioned would be better live.

As for polls i like them but when we run out of songs and we start on which was best album cover or Alex's best hairstyle then we may be scraping the barrel.

Since this thread was made (about 50 hours ago) there have been 3 new polls in this section and Feedback combined. Is that a lot? That's not many even if you dislike polls.

What's the difference between a poll and a regular thread?

Basically nothing.

Both are meant to jump start conversation.

Both have been successful at times.

Both have failed at times.

Besides, most of the usual suspect poll makers like Texas King, me, Zumbi, treeduck, and a couple others have very different poll styles. So TRF can get something different every time. And hell, the polls themselves obviously don't actually make the conversations, TRFers do. If the polls sucked, they would've died a long time ago. But apparently, they don't. As far as I can see, TRFers still generally gobble them ALL up. :hail:

I think I may quadruple my poll output and encourage those other guys to do the same :P

134883-134717.jpg

• Like 3

Since this thread was made (about 50 hours ago) there have been 3 new polls in this section and Feedback combined. Is that a lot? That's not many even if you dislike polls.

What's the difference between a poll and a regular thread?

Basically nothing.

Both are meant to jump start conversation.

Both have been successful at times.

Both have failed at times.

Besides, most of the usual suspect poll makers like Texas King, me, Zumbi, treeduck, and a couple others have very different poll styles. So TRF can get something different every time. And hell, the polls themselves obviously don't actually make the conversations, TRFers do. If the polls sucked, they would've died a long time ago. But apparently, they don't. As far as I can see, TRFers still generally gobble them ALL up. :hail:

I think I may quadruple my poll output and encourage those other guys to do the same :P

134883-134717.jpg

:goodone: :d13:

• Like 1

Two things...

One: nothing from the debut album is super-great.

B: polls are important because sometimes views and beliefs change. There was a time my mind was polluted with the notion that Permanent Waves was an 80's album. I now know better.