Metal matchup: Pantera VS Sepultura?

Texas King

Metal matchup: Pantera VS Sepultura?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Metal matchup: Pantera VS Sepultura?

To be honest I haven't followed these bands much, but I was recently interested in Sepultura and I listened to a few songs from their new album and I liked what I heard and I've ordered the album. So on the strength of that I'll vote for them in this poll.

Pantera. I had albums from both bands but only saw Pantena live ( w/Black Sabbath and Ozzfest )

Scary people in the crowd at OzzFest.

For me Sepultura from Schizophrenia to Chaos A.D. by a lightyear!

IMO Pantera is probably the most overrated band in the world of metal. I think they are a reason why crappy nu-metal appeared on the metal scene later.

You hate Pantera because you think they're responsible for nu metal. Yet, you're completely fine with Sepultura even though Roots is a nu metal album and much more important to that sound than anything Pantera ever recorded?

Also, Pantera was more influential in what is known as the groove metal sound. If you want to know who the biggest influence on the nu metal genre was look no further than Faith No More. Their bass sound, guitar tone and manic vocal style can be heard all over bands like Korn, Slipknot and Disturbed.

Pantera has very little to do with nu metal. They were just a modern version of thrash metal back in the 90s.

• Like 2

I voted pantera.

I dont listen to either alot these days though. I liked both back in the day but sepultura list me on a couple records, cant remember which one.

I voted pantera.

I dont listen to either alot these days though. I liked both back in the day but sepultura list me on a couple records, cant remember which one.

It was probably when Max left. That's when everyone bailed on them.

Arise was their peak. Chaos AD and Roots are good albums but not worth the level or praise it seemed to get in some circles.

• Like 1

For me Sepultura from Schizophrenia to Chaos A.D. by a lightyear!

IMO Pantera is probably the most overrated band in the world of metal. I think they are a reason why crappy nu-metal appeared on the metal scene later.

You hate Pantera because you think they're responsible for nu metal. Yet, you're completely fine with Sepultura even though Roots is a nu metal album and much more important to that sound than anything Pantera ever recorded?

Also, Pantera was more influential in what is known as the groove metal sound. If you want to know who the biggest influence on the nu metal genre was look no further than Faith No More. Their bass sound, guitar tone and manic vocal style can be heard all over bands like Korn, Slipknot and Disturbed.

Pantera has very little to do with nu metal. They were just a modern version of thrash metal back in the 90s.

Yeah I never associated pantera with nu metal. They released some heavy shit. Thrash influenced.

• Like 1

Tampora....I mean Pantera.

As much as I love Sepultura and saw them live on the Arise tour, Cowboys from Hell is a perfect metal album IMO.

RIP Dimebag :haz:

from these bands, I only listen to morbid visions semi-regularly - totally different sound. beneath the remains is also cool

pantera I listened to a good bit in middle school, only cowboys and vulgar. those don't come out much anymore