• Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Moving Pictures if i don't play Tom Sawyer too much.To me it strikes the right balance in condensing the songs into shorter 4 or 5 minute songs.If you wanted an epic there's The Camera Eye.Red Barchetta managed to tell a story in a few minutes rather than a whole side.You got a snappy instrumental.A radio friendly song with intelligent lyrics and a guitar solo to die for(Limelight).Love the bass sound.The synths were there but not swamping everything and Neil still had an impressive array of acoustic percussion.Terry Brown produced it.Oh and all of them still had long hair. Edited by grasbo
  • Like 1

Test For Echo.

Was wondering who voted for that. Interesting...it's not one of the more popular ones on these here boards but good for you for going against the norm...

For me, the answer to this has become much clearer over the past few years. Rush's masterpiece is Permanent Waves. Lifeson just kills it from start to finish. He was at his peak here.

A masterpiece.

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone
  • Like 2

HYF has 3 votes!!!

Hemispheres has five too many.

• Like 3

For me, it's always been a toss up between permanent waves and moving pictures...literally a coin toss on any given day. Today, it's mp...ask me tomorrow and you may get a different answer. Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

Hemispheres!
  • Like 1

HYF has 3 votes!!!

Be nice!

Hemispheres is the reason Geddy wears a scarf these days ;)

• Like 1

HYF has 3 votes!!!

Be nice!

Hemispheres is the reason Geddy wears a scarf these days ;)

To hide his lack of Adams Apple after he blew it up trying to scream louder than a Kardashian sex tape.

If ever I'm asked this question it's always between the same 5 albums, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. Each time I could give a different answer, any of these 5 could be my number 1 at any given time. Today though it's AFTK!
  • Like 5

If ever I'm asked this question it's always between the same 5 albums, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. Each time I could give a different answer, any of these 5 could be my number 1 at any given time. Today though it's AFTK!

There are no wrong answers with any of those albums.

• Like 5

Aye. :pokercards:

• Like 2

Aye. :pokercards:

Aye indeed

• Like 3

Those are my 5. But 2112 and AFTK are always fighting for the #4 spot while the other 3 fight over the gold medal.

• Like 2

Ya know, I ended up tossing around Moving Pictures and Presto.

Both amazing albums but in the end I had to go with Presto. Moving Pictures is outstanding, and that was some of the first Rush I'd ever heard, but Presto happens to have more songs, which I all love. It's not like I dislike MP, but there is more on Presto. The tone of the album is something I wish rush had brought back into there sound. It's so ambient and filled with reverb, creating the effect of emotion.

Edited by chain__lightning
  • Like 1