2.Permanent Waves

4.Hemispheres

5.A Farewell to Kings

6.Rush

7.Signals

8.Caress of Steel

9.Fly by Night

From That Metal Show.

http://scontent.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13925176_498655817011375_3763467963988208838_n.jpg?oh=8d5b4527ff046dbede940d8d9c090a2a&oe=5983A160

What you think about this?

I can say his picks are totally old-school. That's very good IMO, except for the Rush s/t debut - I honestly can't believe he ranked it fairly high.

Edited by Texas King
  • Like 3

Yeah we had a thread about this back when it happened. I do remember him saying that since Neil had just joined the group that it was kind of an experimental album that's why he rated it so low.
  • Like 1

Signals being as low as it is is intriguing.

And correct

Unbelievable. It's like Geddy Lee has no knowledge or experience with the music he created. Sheesh.

Yeah but we would see it different than he would being on the inside and creating it. He has memories about them that we don't. Artists never look at their own creations like outsiders do.

• Like 5

Unbelievable. It's like Geddy Lee has no knowledge or experience with the music he created. Sheesh.

Yeah but we would see it different than he would being on the inside and creating it. He has memories about them that we don't. Artists never look at their own creations like outsiders do.

I was trying to be sarcastic.

Oh okay. Nevermind then. :P

Sheesh!

(I think this is the side of you I misread the most haha)

1.Moving Pictures

2.Permanent Waves

4.Hemispheres

5.A Farewell to Kings

6.Rush

7.Signals

8.Caress of Steel

9.Fly by Night

From That Metal Show.

http://scontent.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13925176_498655817011375_3763467963988208838_n.jpg?oh=8d5b4527ff046dbede940d8d9c090a2a&oe=5983A160

I can say his picks are totally old-school. That's very good IMO, except for the Rush s/t debut - I honestly can't believe he ranked it fairly high.

Switch 3 and 4 and that would be my current top 5. My 4 & 5 are constant. My 1 to 3 keep swimming around and vying for the top spot.

The reason all the albums are older in that ranking is because those are the only albums they gave him to rank. Also, this was two years ago now. Not really big news.

This is true!

Geddy has spoken many times of Power Windows as perhaps his favorite, so this list is obviously catering specifically to the Metal Show's agenda.

• Like 1

1-3 Caress of Steel, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures

4-6 :rush: , 2112, Hemispheres

7 Signals

8 Fly By Night

9 A Farewell to Kings

I like your thinking other than AFTK needs to be much higher.

• Like 1

this was two years ago now. Not really big news.

Seeing as everything has been discussed ad nauseum on this site and nothing new is happening at the moment. I figure WTF... ;) Edited by Pressure/Hopenosis
  • Like 2

7 Signals

8 Fly By Night

9 A Farewell to Kings

I think AFTK has two great songs (Xanadu and CTTH), three others that are a mixed bag from genius to nonsense, and Madrigal...my least favorite RUSH song.

1.Moving Pictures

2.Permanent Waves

4.Hemispheres

5.A Farewell to Kings

6.Rush

7.Signals

8.Caress of Steel

9.Fly by Night

From That Metal Show.

The first five are right, you could put them in any order and I wouldn't have any argument really. The debut is a little high in this list maybe but I've not got much of an argument even with this.

7 Signals

8 Fly By Night

9 A Farewell to Kings

And Hemispheres needs to come before the debut.. geez Goose try to do better next time ok ;)

• Like 1