Alex says Rush Isn't Done

Ron2112

You people crack me up. I sure hope after the next RUSH album is released, all you "Neil is done; Ged's voice is shot" naysayers at least come back to admit you were wrong.

And I'll say in advance -- I told you so.

• Like 1

You people crack me up. I sure hope after the next RUSH album is released, all you "Neil is done; Ged's voice is shot" naysayers at least come back to admit you were wrong.

And I'll say in advance -- I told you so.

Rose colored glasses.

Rock and roll is all about energy - it's a force unlike anything else

And we've got the band, and we've got the fans - and the interaction between the two is as important as the initial creation ..

So at this point, why would any fan hope and hold their breath waiting for Neil Peart to change his mind ??

f**k him

Geddy and Alex love the band, they love each other and they love bringing the music to the fans

I have no interest in seeing or hearing any musician who has to be coerced or convinced to play

Get some enthusiastic kid back there and make it enjoyable again

This! All respect to Neil, and I bet even he would be proud of his Rush brothers moving forward.

Rock and roll is all about energy - it's a force unlike anything else

And we've got the band, and we've got the fans - and the interaction between the two is as important as the initial creation ..

So at this point, why would any fan hope and hold their breath waiting for Neil Peart to change his mind ??

f**k him

Geddy and Alex love the band, they love each other and they love bringing the music to the fans

I have no interest in seeing or hearing any musician who has to be coerced or convinced to play

Get some enthusiastic kid back there and make it enjoyable again

love the fact of Gedd collaborating on a Bass Guitar History book etc...but I do LOVE much much more seeing him onstage playing the bass as he did with Yes, my happiest day since the sadly remembered 8/2/2015.....too young to say good bye I think..... :geddy:

My opinion - a VERY humble opinion, from someone whose first language isn´t even English, who hasn´t been a fan for longer than 80% of the people in this forum, and has only been to 04 Rush concerts: we´ll see cool guest appearances from Geddy and Alex here and there, and maybe even a song where both of them play together with a different band - Steven Wilson, Rik Emmett, and other cool bands/artists with new releases could easily call both and aske them to join in for a song or two. But I find it VERY hard to believe that we´ll ever see them recording together with a project of their own, or touring as Rush with Neil. My 02 cents anyway, and if I´m proven wrong, I´ll never find being wrong more enjoyable!
  • Like 1

To be really fair here the increase in ticket prices has outstripped inflation by about 5X and the wage gap has increased to the point where the real buying power of those in the lower half of income have about a third of the disposable income (by percentage of total income) they had in 1980. When I was a kid, tickets were $10 to $15, while tickets now average $60 to $120 for similar venues depending on the act. There is obviously a great deal of variance in terms of prices, but RUSH had been commanding near the top of that range for their last several tours. There is also a lot more tiered pricing where better tickets (seating preference and/or perks) will cost between $250 to $500. While in Portugal with GA I was in the front row for $15. Concert tickets have been essentially priced out of the range of so many people that it is quickly becoming an activity enjoyed mostly by the elite few and those willing to forgo basic needs to see a band they love.

I was in Portugal for most of the years RUSH were active and I was of age to see concerts. They never toured there and by the time I returned to North America the price shift had already occurred. Without disclosing my financial situation, I was only able to purchase tickets for one tour (Vapor Trails - the most inexpensive tour in the 2000s) and had a misadventure along the way that forced me to miss the first 20 minutes of the set. I have seen countless other bands many many times before the exponential price increases of this millennium, but sadly RUSH only this one time and it was entirely due to the prohibitive cost of tickets. When your choices are paying your bills or seeing a band... even though I don't have parents to buy me a single concert ticket, I'm with YYZumbi on this one. The prices of concert tickets are unfair period.

Edited by diatribein
  • Like 3

Blame the Rolling Stones. Ray Danniels once said in an interview that the Steel Wheels tour was the first with exceedingly high ticket prices and was wildly successful. The rest of the industry took note that the ticket price ceiling was much higher than they realized.
  • Like 2

Ticket prices are dictated by the market.

Seeing top acts is very expensive.

Why? People will pay.

And business. Promoters and managers know the band's demographic. Those who grew up with the band should be able to see them when they tour as they would have jobs and assets in most cases. Album sales for 90% of acts are very low, so ticket prices for every major act have skyrocketed. It's how they make their living - another reason why Rush will almost certainly not record anything now without playing it live.

• Like 1

Geddy, Alex, and Neil should look to the guys in SAGA for making the decision to hang up RUSH and make an official post.

Michael Sadler has said that SAGA are done their final chapter this year (except for a special one-off performance on the 2018 Cruise to the Edge) according to this news post here.

To me progressive-rock has a 40 year life span and shouldn't continue after that.

If the genre does progress to 50 years for a band, then it becomes a joke.

Edited by RushFanForever

To me progressive-rock has a 40 year life span and shouldn't continue after that.

King Crimson would like a word.......

• Like 2

Geddy, Alex, and Neil should look to the guys in SAGA for making the decision to hang up RUSH and make an official post.

Michael Sadler has said that SAGA are done their final chapter this year (except for a special one-off performance on the 2018 Cruise to the Edge) according to this news post here.

Why specifically 40?

• Like 1

Why specifically 40?

It makes me think of the video for

by SAGA. There's a point where it has to stop.

Wind him up, he can't stop

He's wound up tight just like the clock

That's winding its second hand down

Wind him up, he can't stop

He keeps on going 'round the clock

He's winding his second hand down

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

King Crimson would like a word.......

Come on, King Crimson is just a name. There are a dozen or so King Crimsons.

And what a great band, thanks for all the great music.

Blame the Rolling Stones. Ray Danniels once said in an interview that the Steel Wheels tour was the first with exceedingly high ticket prices and was wildly successful. The rest of the industry took note that the ticket price ceiling was much higher than they realized.

Weird. I thought it was the Eagles reuniting in 1994 that started this.

Why specifically 40?

What's ten more years right? :P

• Like 1

Why specifically 40?

If a band started at 20 years of age, then they'd have to quit at 60?! The number itself sounds too restrictive. Why not 45, 50, or even 30?

If a band doesn't want to play anymore then that's when they should quit. That could be 10 years or 50 or whatever.

• Like 3

Why specifically 40?

If a band started at 20 years of age, then they'd have to quit at 60?! The number itself sounds too restrictive. Why not 45, 50, or even 30?

If a band doesn't want to play anymore then that's when they should quit. That could be 10 years or 50 or whatever.

I was thinking the same thing about ten minutes ago. BTW JB, did you see the "Baby Photos" thread? I found it earlier today after searching for about thirty minutes. It has a photo of you and your family that you posted in the other thread. You can also see my naked a**as well. :LOL: Plus it has the Jr High photo. :7up:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Why specifically 40?

I was thinking the same thing about ten minutes ago. BTW JB, did you see the "Baby Photos" thread? I found it earlier today after searching for about thirty minutes. It has a photo of you and your family that you posted in the other thread. You can also see my naked a**as well. :LOL: Plus it has the Jr High photo. :7up:

Right! I mentioned looking for that the other day. Good on you for finding it. I'll check it and hopefully won't run into your bare baby ass.

• Like 1

Why specifically 40?

Right! I mentioned looking for that the other day. Good on you for finding it. I'll check it and hopefully won't run into your bare baby ass.

You can't miss it. :LOL:

He went on to say that he and Geddy would definitely be writing and working together in the near future, but didn't give any specifics on that either. When Alex was asked what Neil Peart was up to he just said, "I haven't heard from Neil in quite a while."

Its called building tension, folks. Psychology of creating exaggerated "value". Don't be so naive, lol. Instead of baiting us, they should be putting efforts into making palatable music.

Peart's getting along just fine without the band

LpmKlz.jpg

This picture was the night he apparently had dinner with Alex.