Alex says Rush Isn't Done

Ron2112

Where is that pic from?

Chuck's

You don't say? No fücking shït. Is this a recent pic? Is it from an old tour? If it's recent why is Elwood still being coddled by Mosbach.

Maybe they became friends? Sounds like it from what Neil writes in his books and blogs.

No. Impossible.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Where is that pic from?

Chuck's

You don't say? No fücking shït. Is this a recent pic? Is it from an old tour? If it's recent why is Elwood still being coddled by Mosbach.

Maybe they became friends? Sounds like it from what Neil writes in his books and blogs.

No. Impossible.

Sounds like someone hasn't read his books.

I wonder why so many people dress so formal when they go out to dinner...I used to go out with work buddies when I went to Norway for work a bunch of times in the past years, and always, ALWAYS felt underdressed.

Dinner is an event in some cultures. And sometimes that event takes hours yeah? And then, there's the thought that it's not just about having a meal but about building good relations and all that.

Who knows in this pic's particular case? Maybe the restaurant requires patrons to wear a suit coat?

I wonder why so many people dress so formal when they go out to dinner...I used to go out with work buddies when I went to Norway for work a bunch of times in the past years, and always, ALWAYS felt underdressed.

Dinner is an event in some cultures. And sometimes that event takes hours yeah? And then, there's the thought that it's not just about having a meal but about building good relations and all that.

Who knows in this pic's particular case? Maybe the restaurant requires patrons to wear a suit coat?

nm

Edited by Lucas

nm

Say it. Release the dogs of hell.

nm

Say it. Release the dogs of hell.

It's really nothing

Just glad to see the happy couple out and enjoying themselves

Where is that pic from?

Chuck's

No. Impossible.

I've read the books. It's a joke..Blaze got it. Relax.

Edited by theredtamasrule

1. Alex has a history of word vomiting whenever a mic is shoved in his face so I take anything he says with several grains of salt.

2. "Haven't heard from Neil in quite a while"...meaning since the second Peart ran off stage like a frightened deer from their last concert they haven't heard a word from him. They won't.

3. The Lee/Lifeson Experience will be noodling around in their basements together until one of them is dead. We might get the random digital release from the Boyz.

4. Without the calorie burn of concerts Peart is prolly an easy three fiddy with a nose as florid as a beet from Macallan. Don't know why but the idea of a tipsy & bloated Peart scowling at and simultaneously ignoring people is amusing to me.

Scene at the Peart Compound:

His phone rings...Peart picks up phone...Alex? Who? Oh yeah...that guy from work...eh, let it go to voicemail. Honey get me a donut and some ice for my scotch... *chuckling at Family Feud *...oh that Steve Harvey! He's a funny guy. Honey! My ice! This scotch won't cool itself down!

Epic! :dweez:

Not being a smart-ass here, and I haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone find it odd that Neil would dis-associate himself so completely from two guys he spent sooooo much time with over the last 45 years? Is there maybe something going on we don't know? I mean, sure...give up the gig. You're old and tired and have a liquor habit to nurse. But to just cut ties? I don't get it. Edited by Blue Barchetta
  • Like 3

Not being a smart-ass here, and I haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone find it odd that Neil would dis-associate himself so completely from two guys he spent sooooo much time with over the last 45 years? Is there maybe something going on we don't know? I mean, sure...give up the gig. You're old and tired and have a liquor habit to nurse. But to just cut ties? I don't get it.

Neil's always been a loner and apart from the other two in between projects. It's nothing new except that it's permanent this time. im sure they'll alway keep in touch though here and there.

• Like 2

Not being a smart-ass here, and I haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone find it odd that Neil would dis-associate himself so completely from two guys he spent sooooo much time with over the last 45 years? Is there maybe something going on we don't know? I mean, sure...give up the gig. You're old and tired and have a liquor habit to nurse. But to just cut ties? I don't get it.

Well, he is the new guy. ;) Seriously, you have to wonder how much they've reached out to him too.

Edited by TexMike

Well, he is the new guy. ;) Seriously, you have to wonder how much they've reached out to him too.

Exactly. The phone works both ways.

In my opinion, I don't believe that they haven't talked, or texted, or emailed, etc.

Poor Alex. He obviously hasn't given up the dream.

I wonder how his arthritis is going? Is he even up to playing at Rush level? (No offense intended).

• Like 1

Maybe he's always been the new guy. Maybe they just kept him around for talent alone. We probably all work with people we'd rather not, but they do their job. I hate to think of the "Rush" dynamic as so, but who knows...maybe it is. Neil is a dynamic drummer (the best ever IMO) and awesome lyricist. That doesn't mean that once FBN hit its epic glory, the boys didn't just decide to be "business" partners. And another thing... who devotes their life to being the best rock drummer ever, but despises the limelight so profoundly he doesn't even want to meet a fan. I mean...come on! Being the best rock drummer ever is not a freaking low key job.

In short, Homer Simpson said it best: Alcohol: the reason for- and the answer to- all life's problems.

Neil Peart: The main driver behind Rush's success- and the reason for their end.

• Like 3

Maybe he's always been the new guy. Maybe they just kept him around for talent alone. We probably all work with people we'd rather not, but they do their job. I hate to think of the "Rush" dynamic as so, but who knows...maybe it is. Neil is a dynamic drummer (the best ever IMO) and awesome lyricist. That doesn't mean that once FBN hit its epic glory, the boys didn't just decide to be "business" partners. And another thing... who devotes their life to being the best rock drummer ever, but despises the limelight so profoundly he doesn't even want to meet a fan. I mean...come on! Being the best rock drummer ever is not a freaking low key job.

In short, Homer Simpson said it best: Alcohol: the reason for- and the answer to- all life's problems.

Neil Peart: The main driver behind Rush's success- and the reason for their end.

Disclaimer: Neil has earned the right to quit if he wants. I just never got the impression he was part of Alex's and Ged's "inner circle". I've been a Rush fan since P/G, so I'm not a newbie. He's just always done HIS thing.

Poor Alex. He obviously hasn't given up the dream.

I wonder how his arthritis is going? Is he even up to playing at Rush level? (No offense intended).

He sure as hell played to Rush level in Atlanta for the R40 tour. Since then? Who knows?

Where is that pic from?

Chuck's

No. Impossible.

I've read the books. It's a joke..Blaze got it. Relax.

Did I sound like I wasn't relaxed? :LOL:

Hey guys...I've heard that Ged and Alex have recruited Alex Van Halen as drummer and Vince Neil as vocalist and they're planning on touring in early 2018! Can anyone confirm or deny?

Can't confirm or deny it but I'd like to put some explosives under the thought itself. :P

• Like 2

He's a wierd guy. Even his mother said so in the documentary.

I remember reading an interview with him discussing Clockwork Angels and he was talking about the lyrics to Wish Them Well. He said part of the motivation for the song is that he often finds himself cutting all ties to people he'd previously considered as good friends.

That doesn't strike me as being normal behaviour!

Disclaimer: Neil has earned the right to quit if he wants. I just never got the impression he was part of Alex's and Ged's "inner circle". I've been a Rush fan since P/G, so I'm not a newbie. He's just always done HIS thing.

Right, he's never been part of their inner circle.. Probably by his own subconscious decision. Introverted people seek inner reflection the same way extroverts crave social interaction and nobody in the world understands this unless you're an introvert.. So it's ok, he's not an alcoholic or an asshole, just an animal that you don't understand.

• Like 1

Right, he's never been part of their inner circle.. Probably by his own subconscious decision. Introverted people seek inner reflection the same way extroverts crave social interaction and nobody in the world understands this unless you're an introvert.. So it's ok, he's not an alcoholic or an asshole, just an animal that you don't understand.

How do you know he's not an alcoholic?

How do you know he's not an alcoholic?

I don't. I also don't see any reason to think he is so I guess I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Geddy's the one with a basement full of wine.. Why aren't we calling him an alcoholic? ..Oh yeah, because Geddy's still into performing on stage for us.. so so he can't be an alcoholic