Alex says Rush Isn't Done

Ron2112

I'd feel better if Neil said it.. hell I'd almost rather hear it from FOHlights than Alex lol. Here's hoping though!
  • Like 5

Alex also said he hadn't heard from Neil in quite a while. So if they will work together again that's curious.

Neil doesn't seem like the type, however, to make retirement statements and write essentially a farewell book without meaning it.

I do hope...

Edited by upstateNYfan
  • Like 4

Neil doesn't seem like the type, however, to make retirement statements and write essentially a farewell book without meaning it.

"When you've just been in a pie-eating contest, the last thing you want is for someone to offer you a slice of blueberry pie" -- Stephen King

• Like 4

If one thing these guys exceptional at is accepting fresh musical challenges, never stood still different every time. Working without Neil gotta present an ultimate and thus highly attractive challenge for them.

Something else, they obvs wouldn't release anything sub standard to what already done, would probably have to be EXTRA special if that even possible.

Cmon guys get another chapter goin, expect most of us can't wait to hear what you'd do without Neil, just a really interesting prospect.

• Like 1

He went on to say that he and Geddy would definitely be writing and working together in the near future, but didn't give any specifics on that either. When Alex was asked what Neil Peart was up to he just said, "I haven't heard from Neil in quite a while."
  • Like 1

Geddy said "there's no replacing anyone in this band". If they work with a different drummer I doubt they'd call it Rush
  • Like 3

1. Alex has a history of word vomiting whenever a mic is shoved in his face so I take anything he says with several grains of salt.

2. "Haven't heard from Neil in quite a while"...meaning since the second Peart ran off stage like a frightened deer from their last concert they haven't heard a word from him. They won't.

3. The Lee/Lifeson Experience will be noodling around in their basements together until one of them is dead. We might get the random digital release from the Boyz.

4. Without the calorie burn of concerts Peart is prolly an easy three fiddy with a nose as florid as a beet from Macallan. Don't know why but the idea of a tipsy & bloated Peart scowling at and simultaneously ignoring people is amusing to me.

Scene at the Peart Compound:

His phone rings...Peart picks up phone...Alex? Who? Oh yeah...that guy from work...eh, let it go to voicemail. Honey get me a donut and some ice for my scotch... *chuckling at Family Feud *...oh that Steve Harvey! He's a funny guy. Honey! My ice! This scotch won't cool itself down!

• Like 10

Geddy said "there's no replacing anyone in this band". If they work with a different drummer I doubt they'd call it Rush

It's easy to say that when you think there's no chance someone will decide to stop. I'm wagering he'll feel differently when it comes time to get busy.

• Like 1

The bashing begins.

The only interest I have in Rush continuing without Neil Peart is all the complaining that would erupt on this forum. A lot of the hater and complainers here are pretty witty.

• Like 5

Would love to see/hear a future Lee/Lifeson collaboration. I try to imagine where this would went lyrically. :smoke:

Maybe they dig out that old Alex lyric sheet with the song Time, where the lyrics were... Time blinds my eyes with light...

• Like 2

I like Alex but he's a terribly unreliable source of rush info. He seems to say what he wants to happen more than what will likely happen. One caveat is he was vague about what "rush" means in this context. Maybe they might do some stuff without Neil.
  • Like 1

I like Alex but he's a terribly unreliable source of rush info. He seems to say what he wants to happen more than what will likely happen. One caveat is he was vague about what "rush" means in this context. Maybe they might do some stuff without Neil.

The earliest memory I have of Alex saying stuff that got me drooling for nothing was waaaay back in the early days of MTV. It was right after the Subdivisions video came out. During an interview he was talking about how they have 4 or 5 videos planned and that they should be coming out later in the year. Well, as far as I know, the only video that did come out off Signals after Subdivisions was Countdown.

In Lifeson's defense, they at least followed up with 4 videos off Grace Under Pressure.

• Like 1

Rock and roll is all about energy - it's a force unlike anything else

And we've got the band, and we've got the fans - and the interaction between the two is as important as the initial creation ..

So at this point, why would any fan hope and hold their breath waiting for Neil Peart to change his mind ??

f**k him

Geddy and Alex love the band, they love each other and they love bringing the music to the fans

I have no interest in seeing or hearing any musician who has to be coerced or convinced to play

Get some enthusiastic kid back there and make it enjoyable again

• Like 8

Would love to see/hear a future Lee/Lifeson collaboration. I try to imagine where this would went lyrically. :smoke:

Maybe they dig out that old Alex lyric sheet with the song Time, where the lyrics were... Time blinds my eyes with light...

Agreed with this and some other posts here.

I'll be happy if it's true. :cheers:

Rock and roll is all about energy - it's a force unlike anything else

And we've got the band, and we've got the fans - and the interaction between the two is as important as the initial creation ..

So at this point, why would any fan hope and hold their breath waiting for Neil Peart to change his mind ??

f**k him

Geddy and Alex love the band, they love each other and they love bringing the music to the fans

I have no interest in seeing or hearing any musician who has to be coerced or convinced to play

Get some enthusiastic kid back there and make it enjoyable again

Exactly. Well, not exactly --- I don't think it has to be "a kid". Just someone who'd be enthusiastic to work with Lee & Lifeson...which would be tons of talented drummers young and old.

You know how it is though Lucas --- many TRFers don't even think the debut album is Rush despite it being Rush.

Rush with Neil, Rush without Neil, no Rush but just Lee & Lifeson with another drummer...I'm open to all of the possibilities if they ever happen.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 5