Freeze

coventry

I know, I know. Lots of different polemics re: "Freeze", but it's a favorite of mine. And still, after 15 years, this song continues to amaze.

Like how it goes from 6/8 to 5/4 to 4/4, mimicking the dwindling choices one has before they reach the "fight or flight" moment - at which point there's only two choices - indicated by that triumphant chorus in a slow 4/4; how when we make that ultimate choice, it's the only one we have.

I love this band.

• Like 10

Its strange,has odd time signatures,its different,all the things i should like but i don't.Probably my least liked Rush song.I have tried to like it but comes across as trying to be too clever and ending up a tuneless mess.I know i will probably be shot down on my little rant.Oh i forgot to mention the lyrics ,hmmmm.

I don't think they've ever played this song live, unfortunately. ♪♪♪♪♪♪

They have not. I would enjoy if they did, though!
  • Like 5

I know, I know. Lots of different polemics re: "Freeze", but it's a favorite of mine. And still, after 15 years, this song continues to amaze.

Like how it goes from 6/8 to 5/4 to 4/4, mimicking the dwindling choices one has before they reach the "fight or flight" moment - at which point there's only two choices - indicated by that triumphant chorus in a slow 4/4; how when we make that ultimate choice, it's the only one we have.

I love this band.

:goodone:

:ebert:

Ugh...it's horrible.

do do do do do......really?

I can understand the dislike. I still prefer the do do do's to the multiple Geddy ahhh ahhhhhhhhs on One Little Victory.

Ugh...it's horrible.

do do do do do......really?

I can understand the dislike. I still prefer the do do do's to the multiple Geddy ahhh ahhhhhhhhs on One Little Victory.

two wrongs don't make a right though

Love The Weapon and The Enemy Within. Both great songs with brilliant musicianship.

But I don't like Freeze.

Edited by thirteen

Freeze is a great song. It has a real atmosphere, a strange feeling. Thrown around, but stuck. Its a very powerful song, though to me, the whole album is.

:goodone:
  • Like 2

I always liked the grating, in-your-face mess that this was on the original VT, but the remix really opened it up and made it a song, as opposed to an experiment. Either way, I'm a fan. Thumbs up! Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 3

I always liked the grating, in-your-face mess that this was on the original VT, but the remix really opened it up and made it a song, as opposed to an experiment. Either way, I'm a fan. Thumbs up!

Definitely one of the few songs that benefitted from the remix.

• Like 2