Is Rush still your favorite band?

Fordgalaxy

Favorite or not?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. When did Rush stop being your favorite band?

• They were never my favorite
    • 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's
    • 2000's
    • 2010's
    • They are still my favorite
    • How dare you even ask such a ridiculous and disgusting question?

They're still my favorite band, but oddly enough their songs don't do as much for me as they used to. Many other bands are better represented in my playlist than Rush is.

Many will be nasty about my taste but Rush will never match the likes of Lacuna Coil, Nightwish or Paradise Lost for me.

But I love them and they opened my ears to a lot of new sounds!

:laughing guy:

They haven't been my favorite band since Grace Under Pressure. But that doesn't matter. I love the music more than ever. They will always be a special band to me. Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

Taste in many things change as we go through life, including music. What say ye?

They will be my number one until the day I die. Y&T is second.

Yup! I am fuckking weird!

One band has forty years of great music, the other has Summertime Girls.

HAHAHA!

This is the reason why I will always have your back John and I do love you man!

Y&T was one of the heaviest hard rock bands in the world and their fuckking label A&M told them to go POP and MTV!

I FUCKKING HATE SUMMERTIME GIRLS!

Believe me.. Dave knows this!

You guys and gals think that I'm tame and vanilla white with rock stars?

I'm that same guy.

Yep!

Dave and I went at it many times over the years on his forum.

I only belonged to The Rush Forum, Y&T Forum and the A's Forum.

That was it.

Y&T Forum is gone.

Do you kids know that Dave and Jill closed the Forum down on my birthday? February 15th was it's last day in existence until they pulled the plug like four years ago.

Yep.

I'm that guy.

Coincidence? Hmmmm

It doesn't matter! I'm still good friends with all of the band.

It wasn't really them I went after, it was the lame kiss ass fans and many hated me on there for my own opinions and being real.

See a pattern?

Fukk it!

If I was such a douche bag Summer's Eve Bully Troll, 73 would have banned me ten years ago!

LOL!

RUSH THE FUKK ON!

Kix, Y&T, basically the same thing, no?

But I love them and they opened my ears to a lot of new sounds!

My wife eating dairy opened my ears to a lot of new sounds. :eh:
  • Like 1

Not my favourite. Queen will always have that spot.

I love Queen, saw them at St James Park, the football (soccer) ground in my home city of Newcastle upon Tyne, England in 1986. They were totally at their peak at that time after they had done "Live Aid" the previous year.

Freddie had everyone of the crowd in the palm of his hand.

The greatest Rock frontman ever.

RIP Freddie, you brought joy and love to our hearts :finbar:

:D :D :D :P :P :P ;) ;) ;)

• Like 1

Of course they are! I like other bands, but nothing is as good as Rush. Given the direction of popular music today, I don't see this changing in the near future.
  • Like 3

Of course they are! I like other bands, but nothing is as good as Rush. Given the direction of popular music today, I don't see this changing in the near future.

Then ignore the state of "popular" music then.

They were my favourites (supplanting yes) from 79-87, but when presto was released, I was a bit nonplussed...anyway, RTB sealed the deal for me, and though they partially recovered, imo they haven't released anything worthy of the brand since HYF.

It's strange that one band has both the best (Hemispheres) and worst(Counterparts) albums I own.....

• Like 1

I vacillate between Rush and Phish, but whenever I listen to Rush, my heart's tugged on different strings that no other band can tug on.
  • Like 1

Yes they are still my favourite although we may never see anything new from them or at least not for a while.I still love my Zep,Hendrix,etc and always will but i am always on the lookout for something new and refreshing and that goes for all genres but i can't see anything going the distance like Rush.

I will always love the band but perhaps if I could possibly make some sort of analogy please?

You know the guys who loved motorcycles in their teens and early 20's? Then the bike got sold or put away in the garage while they settled down, made a success in business, got married, had kids, put them through college, and now they are in their 50's and have free time once more they just discover their love for their motorbike again?

Do you not think it is a little bit like that??

Sorry if I am talking out of my ass ha ha! :finbar: :finbar: ;) ;)

It's strange that one band has both the best (Hemispheres) and worst(Counterparts) albums I own.....

Interestingly, Counterparts was the album that rejuvenated my enthusiasm for "new" Rush after being underwhelmed by the previous four albums (PW to RtB). For me, it was a return to form.

Counterparts came along at the lowest point of my life,a drunken ,divorced,broke and living in a one room shed with nothing but a boombox,box of cds /tapes and couldn't give f*ck.Scraped the cash together to get Counterparts cd and things started to get better.No it ain't Hemisperes but the band came roaring back particularly Alex after a couple of "light" albums.I still have that scratchy cd and boombox.Its moments like this that hold me to Rush.
  • Like 5