That's it

Permanent-Rush

The main problem here is that people keep feeding into this. Just let it go and she will decide on her own what she is going to do. If she stays then she stays. If she decides to leave then she will leave. All these posts are doing is fueling the fire and it is not helping one bit. Just let it go and let her choose in her time what she is or isn't going to do. In the scheme of things it is not the end of the world.

You do realise that nearly every thread ends up with this drama?

And that is sad. This is a Rush forum to discuss the band and their music and I imagine the majority of the members here are adults and should be beyond the drama years in there lives. I guess not..

No hate from me though. Plenty of us have had embarrassing meltdowns here and there (occasionally everywhere), but it seems for GNP to be an addictive obsession to do this constantly.

There are a few threads for discussing depression etc. And most of us who suffer have learned to channel our emotions there and plenty of group support is evident here on this forum. I can't tell you exactly how many have been warm and wonderful to me during my darkest hours here because the number is huge!

But I've learned to keep drama to a minimum as I have learned to take more on the chin (I've had several extreme breakdowns and embarrassingly made it way to public the last time).

GNP would get the same understanding if she stopped treating this forum like her personal plahground. Thw amount of fawning she gets is embarrassing. And those who have no time for her should not be talked down too.

It's not anyone's responsibility to carry her through this. Not on this forum that is. If those choose to do so make it clear, it is wonderful. But GNP needs to get a grip and understand we don't come here to check in on her every need and outburst. Many have been visibly irritated and they have every right to be.

If she can't handle this, rather than be told to be respectful because she is so young (which is to be fair good advice), perhaps more should say come back when you've grown up?

It's tiring.

The main problem here is that people keep feeding into this. Just let it go and she will decide on her own what she is going to do. If she stays then she stays. If she decides to leave then she will leave. All these posts are doing is fueling the fire and it is not helping one bit. Just let it go and let her choose in her time what she is or isn't going to do. In the scheme of things it is not the end of the world.

And that is sad. This is a Rush forum to discuss the band and their music and I imagine the majority of the members here are adults and should be beyond the drama years in there lives. I guess not..

No hate from me though. Plenty of us have had embarrassing meltdowns here and there (occasionally everywhere), but it seems for GNP to be an addictive obsession to do this constantly.

There are a few threads for discussing depression etc. And most of us who suffer have learned to channel our emotions there and plenty of group support is evident here on this forum. I can't tell you exactly how many have been warm and wonderful to me during my darkest hours here because the number is huge!

But I've learned to keep drama to a minimum as I have learned to take more on the chin (I've had several extreme breakdowns and embarrassingly made it way to public the last time).

GNP would get the same understanding if she stopped treating this forum like her personal plahground. Thw amount of fawning she gets is embarrassing. And those who have no time for her should not be talked down too.

It's not anyone's responsibility to carry her through this. Not on this forum that is. If those choose to do so make it clear, it is wonderful. But GNP needs to get a grip and understand we don't come here to check in on her every need and outburst. Many have been visibly irritated and they have every right to be.

If she can't handle this, rather than be told to be respectful because she is so young (which is to be fair good advice), perhaps more should say come back when you've grown up?

It's tiring.

I understand where you are coming from, but you say it is not anyone's responsibility to carry her through any of this. Then why are there 4 pages of responses on this post concerning whether she leaves or not? That is what I don't understand. Like I said if no one replies and fuels this thread with comments and remarks then it will fizzle out and she will make a decision either way.

Au contraire...Rush is now a rather small part of the reasons why I stay here..there are many more interesting sub-forums outwith the band ones.

But in the end when you joined this thread the header and title said The Rush Forums and that is what attracted you here. Not the social forum. Sure playing the games are harmless and the chit chat is harmless, but what I am saying is when everyone joined here I imagine they joined because primarily were Rush Fans not to talk excessively about if someone was leaving the thread or not.

It's tiring.

I understand where you are coming from, but you say it is not anyone's responsibility to carry her through any of this. Then why are there 4 pages of responses on this post concerning whether she leaves or not? That is what I don't understand. Like I said if no one replies and fuels this thread with comments and remarks then it will fizzle out and she will make a decision either way.

You misunderstand. The concept of this forum isn't to be a support group or online therapy.

The fact that elements of that kind of care and companionship can be found here ks wonderful.

But she appears to my eyes to be exploiting that kindness by trying to juice out as much praise and attention as possible and that is not fair. And the fact so many feed into it is disappointing. She needs a wake up call, she also needs help and understanding. And the way she presents herself here, her attitude and her frequent outbursts are not what we come here for time and time again.

Many here have made friends and get help and kindness. That comes with time. I've had it especially from one's like Mick, Blue J and Lorraine over the years.

But GNP needs to grow a thicker skin. This forum isn't intended to be a playground for schoolkids to keep crying. And sometimes that is how it comes across and everyday we are told she is going to change only to find moments later she's back at it again and wringing sympathy from the same people.

Nothing wrong with that. But it's also understandable why so many have had enough and have made that clear. It's not nastiness it is the truth.

It's tiring.

You misunderstand. The concept of this forum isn't to be a support group or online therapy.

The fact that elements of that kind of care and companionship can be found here ks wonderful.

But she appears to my eyes to be exploiting that kindness by trying to juice out as much praise and attention as possible and that is not fair. And the fact so many feed into it is disappointing. She needs a wake up call, she also needs help and understanding. And the way she presents herself here, her attitude and her frequent outbursts are not what we come here for time and time again.

Many here have made friends and get help and kindness. That comes with time. I've had it especially from one's like Mick, Blue J and Lorraine over the years.

But GNP needs to grow a thicker skin. This forum isn't intended to be a playground for schoolkids to keep crying. And sometimes that is how it comes across and everyday we are told she is going to change only to find moments later she's back at it again and wringing sympathy from the same people.

Nothing wrong with that. But it's also understandable why so many have had enough and have made that clear. It's not nastiness it is the truth.

Not saying it is nastiness at all. I just feel it would be squashed if it was all left alone. It is great the friends are developed on here and people get support. One thing you have to understand though GNP is a kid and they live a roller coaster of emotions that seem to change about as much as we blink our eyes. I was a teen not to long ago and I know where I am coming from with this and I am also a teacher who sees it every single day. So to expect GNP to say one thing and then follow through with that 30 minutes later is probably stretching it a bit. Maybe you are right that this forum is not right for kids GNP's age but that is really not our judgement call on what the age limit should be on here. The only one that can change that is the Admin. on here. I still stand by that if members ignore these sort of I'm Leaving threads and others like it they would be squashed a lot quicker. So all the blame should not squarely be put on GNP as it also should be put on those members who continue to fuel the fire by responding to here leaving or not leaving.

It's tiring.

Not saying it is nastiness at all. I just feel it would be squashed if it was all left alone. It is great the friends are developed on here and people get support. One thing you have to understand though GNP is a kid and they live a roller coaster of emotions that seem to change about as much as we blink our eyes. I was a teen not to long ago and I know where I am coming from with this and I am also a teacher who sees it every single day. So to expect GNP to say one thing and then follow through with that 30 minutes later is probably stretching it a bit. Maybe you are right that this forum is not right for kids GNP's age but that is really not our judgement call on what the age limit should be on here. The only one that can change that is the Admin. on here. I still stand by that if members ignore these sort of I'm Leaving threads and others like it they would be squashed a lot quicker. So all the blame should not squarely be put on GNP as it also should be put on those members who continue to fuel the fire by responding to here leaving or not leaving.

It would be easier to ignore if it wasn't constant.

And agreed with you on everything. I don't think there should be an age limit but I think if it's apparent someone is so obviously out of place it would be kind to remove them for a while.

But then again that's kind of unfair on the admin too.

Age limits? I came to the forum when I was, what, 15 or 16 maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've been a particularly bothersome presence here, even those few years ago. Maybe that's just because I tend to keep my personal life to myself, didn't even give my age on here till my last birthday.

Idk, I just felt like pointing out you don't have to be an adult to be relatively mature in an online community like this. I certainly don't feel like much of an adult. But everyone is different and I hope GNP sorts themself out soon and finds all the support at home and with friends they need to live and post confidently in the future. I do really enjoy having more young Rush fans around here like me and GNP has a great personality and a beautiful passion for Rush and music.

• Like 6

Age limits? I came to the forum when I was, what, 15 or 16 maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've been a particularly bothersome presence here, even those few years ago. Maybe that's just because I tend to keep my personal life to myself, didn't even give my age on here till my last birthday.

Idk, I just felt like pointing out you don't have to be an adult to be relatively mature in an online community like this. I certainly don't feel like much of an adult. But everyone is different and I hope GNP sorts themself out soon and finds all the support at home and with friends they need to live and post confidently in the future. I do really enjoy having more young Rush fans around here like me and GNP has a great personality and a beautiful passion for Rush and music.

Exactly.

• Like 1

Why is it so difficult? You just don't type a response on your keyboard. That seems pretty damn easy to me.

As for the age limit, you are correct each person is different and you can obviously see it by reading this thread. There are adults, especially online that are very immature and the fact is most of what adults say online they would not say to the person's face. There can also be mature kids and I commend you for keeping your age and personal business out of everything, Entre_ Perpetuo. I think that is huge. I even have trouble in that area.

The bottom line as I said from my first post I made on this thread is if people just refrain from fueling these sort of threads than they will eventually fizzle out and the OP will get tired of posting them. So the blame can not only be placed on the OP, but also on the others who continue to make remarks about the OP staying or going.

This being said, I feel like I am beginning to say the same thing over and over again so this will be my last comment on this. I just hope everyone will follow me and move on as well.

• Like 2

Why is it so difficult? You just don't type a response on your keyboard. That seems pretty damn easy to me.

As for the age limit, you are correct each person is different and you can obviously see it by reading this thread. There are adults, especially online that are very immature and the fact is most of what adults say online they would not say to the person's face. There can also be mature kids and I commend you for keeping your age and personal business out of everything, Entre_ Perpetuo. I think that is huge. I even have trouble in that area.

The bottom line as I said from my first post I made on this thread is if people just refrain from fueling these sort of threads than they will eventually fizzle out and the OP will get tired of posting them. So the blame can not only be placed on the OP, but also on the others who continue to make remarks about the OP staying or going.

This being said, I feel like I am beginning to say the same thing over and over again so this will be my last comment on this. I just hope everyone will follow me and move on as well.

I'd like to see how easy you would find this to avoid if you had a year of posting here and her constant rants.

I thought you were much older until recently and have always found your posts insightful.

• Like 2

Take your own advice.

Take your own advice.

If you took the time to read my posts I have not fed into anything about her leaving or not. I have not made a comment or remark about her leaving or not. What I have said in my posts is how silly it is to feed into that and that is all I have said.

Take your own advice.

If you took the time to read my posts I have not fed into anything about her leaving or not. I have not made a comment or remark about her leaving or not. What I have said in my posts is how silly it is to feed into that and that is all I have said.

if I hadn't read your posts I wouldn't know that it seems like half the posts in the thread are you telling people to stop posting and let it go. I'm encouraging you to follow your excellent advice.

I think we all need to sit down, watch Laura Clery videos, and hope Helen finally gets smashed by Steven.

I'd like to see how easy you would find this to avoid if you had a year of posting here and her constant rants.

Easy, because I just wouldn't type. It is called self control and if you seriously think about it what are we all talking about here a post on a forum or even several rants on a forum. It is not like GNP is a personal friend or family of any of ours so getting involved is not a necessity at all. I understand we form relationships on forums, but it certainly isn't the same as an in person relationship where yes we would get involved in issues and affairs of those people. I guess I just don't feel the need to make comments on these things and others do.
  • Like 1

Take your own advice.

if I hadn't read your posts I wouldn't know that it seems like half the posts in the thread are you telling people to stop posting and let it go. I'm encouraging you to follow your excellent advice.

That is not necessarily true since I didn't join this thread till about half way into the 5 pages of it. I will leave it at that as like you said I think people have seen what I am saying and I hope they can follow the little bit of advice if they choose to.

this thread would've been better off if it was left alone or left with a simple "alright, goodbye!" instead of turning into this mess.
  • Like 1

this thread would've been better off if it was left alone or left with a simple "alright, goodbye!" instead of turning into this mess.

We've already heard it a half dozen times.

I thought you were much older until recently and have always found your posts insightful.

Thanks! My post count may be relatively low, but I try to make most of them really count for something. Glad to know that's appreciated! :D

• Like 1

Same here. I assumed a latter years uni student a year or two AGO. So yeah I guessed wrong by about 4-5 years

• Like 1

These threads would cease to exist if they would just get ignored. 4 pages of drama and bullshit. :eyeroll:

Okay duck, as I've told you before, every TRFer is a Marvel character whether they know it or not. This is you and all that he entails

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/695/asm9electro.jpg

You probably like that but really, this thread needs some superheroes.

• Like 1