M*A*S*H funniest moments

Tom Sawyer

So it occurred to me the 100th I saw "Operation Nose Lift" or "Dear Dad" that even after the 200th time I will still laugh.

http://i67.tinypic.com/vb611.jpg

to which Stanley (Hawkeyes old friend and plastic surgeon response... " I didn't know this unit has a mental ward"

Henry Blake, Trapper and Hawkeye were some of the funniest characters and writing in TV history

• Like 5

http://i64.tinypic.com/hsuul1.png

All right, people.

I'm gonna give it to you straight.

Starting right here and now we're all going to have to put our shoulders to the wheel, our noses to the grindstone.

We've got to hunker down and pull together, all for one and one for all.

Welcome to the Henry Blake Cliche Festival

• Like 2

My husband and I just watched some episodes on WGN over the weekend. We were talking about how good it was and how well it was written; witty humor, interesting characters, subtle jokes. I still think there's a few I haven't seen; my husband says no way! Always worth watching again though. And I've met a few people over the years that I now think of as "ferret-faced!"

33445902041_ee85093fb5_o.jpg

Larry Gelbart was a genious, Stevenson. Alda and Rogers were infectious with wit, charm and unmatched comedic timing. Add Linville, Swit, and Burghoff and what a great ride. Season 1-4 are essentially the best TV period.

This was a great show and I remember watching them every week. When the end came and we knew the last episode was going to be aired it was a sad day. Great writing and the actors were just perfect for their parts.
  • Like 2

http://i65.tinypic.com/11qtst4.jpg

have seen textbook examples of neuroses, psychoses. I have seen voyeurism, fetishism, and a few isms I've never even heard of. And let me tell you this, General. These impossible people are in an impossible place, doing totally impossible work. They're mad, quite mad, all of them. And the only act I can think of that would be madder still, would be breaking them up

• Like 1

Henry (going through letters in Klinger's file): Father dying, last year. Mother dying, last year. Mother and father dying. Mother, father and older sister dying. Mother dying and older sister pregnant. Older sister dying and mother pregnant. Younger sister pregnant and older sister dying. Here's an oldie but a goodie: half of the family dying, other half pregnant. (puts file down) Klinger aren't you ashamed of yourself?
  • Like 1

The show was brilliant when it had Trapper, Col. Blake, and Burns. It lost something when each of them departed. It went to shit when Klinger stopped cross dressing. :)

Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite show of all time behind Green Acres. This was my favorite recurring character.

0165e4915c98c22e3f305850eb7785e7.jpg

Wasn't he Colonel Flagg? I remember he was so hard nosed he was hilarious.

• Like 1

I loved the older mash episodes with Henry Blake.

One of my favorites was when klinger goes hang gliding.

Agreed. seasons 1-4 where gutsy, crisp loose and candid style of comedy - after that it tried to hard to just keep going and started getting all preaching politics and crap.

• Like 1

I loved the older mash episodes with Henry Blake.

One of my favorites was when klinger goes hang gliding.

Agreed. seasons 1-4 where gutsy, crisp loose and candid style of comedy - after that it tried to hard to just keep going and started getting all preaching politics and crap.

Yeah, I get it. War is bad.

• Like 1