Tug of War

Venus and Mars

Flaming Pie

Chaos and Creation

New

Back to the Egg (WAY underrated)

Memory Almost full.

Electric Arguments

Pipes of Piece (I don't Care i love this.....it gets such a bad rap)

Even lesser albums still contain gems

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

HaaaAAAAAAAAAAANNNNDDddddssss across the water! Water! HaaaaaAAAAAAaannds across the skyyyyyy!
  • Like 3

What's y'alls opinion on Egypt Station.

i have it at a 7/10

I love

I don't Know

Come on To Me

Who Cares

Happy With you

Dominoes

Do it Now

Despite Repeated Warnings

Hunt You Down/Naked/C-link

the OK

Confidante

People Want Peace

Hand in Hand

Ceaser Rock

The bad

Fuh You

Back In Brazil

it's a packed record and it's far from his best but i enjoy it. and it's Worthy of his Cannon i think. i need more listens to place it in rankings.

but i still think it fits in with his run of albums of recent years.

And i like his weathered vocals here. it works. and the album certainly got a nice verity of styles.

it's a solid effort.

Mick

• Like 1

Mccartney's solo career does way more for me than john's ever did.

he was just floundering.

plastic ono band and his Half of Double fantasy is great though.

Mick

Yeah, Double Fantasy would have probably been one of the greatest albums ever if he kept Yoko away from it.

• Like 3

Mccartney's solo career does way more for me than john's ever did.

he was just floundering.

plastic ono band and his Half of Double fantasy is great though.

Mick

I think John's mental outlook always required him to butt up against someone to get the best results, as he did with Paul. On his own he was floundering after a time of producing great work. Paul just didn't need that, though I do find some of his stuff a little twee. They were still best together.

• Like 1

What's y'alls opinion on Egypt Station.

i have it at a 7/10

I love

I don't Know

Come on To Me

Who Cares

Happy With you

Dominoes

Do it Now

Despite Repeated Warnings

Hunt You Down/Naked/C-link

the OK

Confidante

People Want Peace

Hand in Hand

Ceaser Rock

The bad

Fuh You

Back In Brazil

it's a packed record and it's far from his best but i enjoy it. and it's Worthy of his Cannon i think. i need more listens to place it in rankings.

but i still think it fits in with his run of albums of recent years.

And i like his weathered vocals here. it works. and the album certainly got a nice verity of styles.

it's a solid effort.

Mick

I got through half the record a few nights ago. Good stuff. My least favorite was probably Fuh You, and honestly I don't have a major problem with it. It's just okay to me. Big fan of I Don't Know, Who Cares, and Happy With You. People Want Peace, Confidante, and Come On To Me are good too.

• Like 1

gonna try and see him in lexington if I can

Quebec City tonight and Montreal on Thursday. I couldn't get tix. Snowdogged (I think) was hoping to score some.

The Grand Central Station concert was a pretty cool event. The old bugger didn't take one sip of water during the show. Supposedly he never drinks water/anything during a concert.

More evidence that the man is a freak of nature.

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Just picked up "Electric Arguments" and "Ram". Great stuff.

In a weird way they're similar: full of well-decorated, well-crafted genre-jumping tunes, played with heart and guts, and very fun to listen to.

Paul, you are quickly becoming my favorite "rock" musician, you dope-smoking maniac.

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/paul-mccartney-smoking-marijuana-weed-high-pot.jpg

Never heard this little piece of ear candy before:

• Like 2

In a weird way they're similar: full of well-decorated, well-crafted genre-jumping tunes, played with heart and guts, and very fun to listen to.

Paul, you are quickly becoming my favorite "rock" musician, you dope-smoking maniac.

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/paul-mccartney-smoking-marijuana-weed-high-pot.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NYwk_gJks4

His discography with all its inconsistency is always adventurous. Always. The man takes more risks and chances than most of his contemporaries.

• Like 1

Egypt Station is good. On par with New and Memory Almost Full. Debuted at #1. First US #1 for Macca since Tug of War in '82.

Egypt station has some of the best material I have heard from McCartney for a long time. Earnest soulful songs with great melodies."I Don't Know" is effortless and great.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NYwk_gJks4

His discography with all its inconsistency is always adventurous. Always. The man takes more risks and chances than most of his contemporaries.

funny because so many people act like he's the "sellout" beatle for some reason

• Like 1

gonna try and see him in lexington if I can

Quebec City tonight and Montreal on Thursday. I couldn't get tix. Snowdogged (I think) was hoping to score some.

The Grand Central Station concert was a pretty cool event. The old bugger didn't take one sip of water during the show. Supposedly he never drinks water/anything during a concert.

More evidence that the man is a freak of nature.

I'm hoping I can score some nosebleeds soon. I'm waiting on a call from amazon so I can get back to work

• Like 1

Egypt Station is good. On par with New and Memory Almost Full. Debuted at #1. First US #1 for Macca since Tug of War in '82.

Egypt station has some of the best material I have heard from McCartney for a long time. Earnest soulful songs with great melodies."I Don't Know" is effortless and great.

It also has some of his worst material in a long long time. Like Fuh You and Back to Brazil

• Like 1

It also has some of his worst material in a long long time. Like Fuh You and Back to Brazil

Fuh You is lame. Back in Brazil is good.

Fuh You is lame. Back in Brazil is good.

It's really not.