Hardest movies scenes to watch...for whatever reason...

treeduck

"The Wall"

The cinematography, the music, and the animation by Gerald Scarfe is just sublimely wonderful!

But the narrative is really annoying, just Waters bleating on about his father's death in the war and the loss of his best friend Roger Barratt

Waters is a genius but sometime he can be a right pain in the arse.

Just my opinion

Dude I totally agree about Waters. We get it...your dad died in the war but so did millions of others and they don't whine endlessly about it.

That's what you take out of Waters' reference to his dad being killed in the war?

Whining about his dead dad?

Apart from the obvious, I'm pretty certain that Waters' "whinge" relates to the amount of men who were/are sacrificed senselessly in war and the societal fallout because of that.

• Like 2

Any of a number of scenes from Schindler's List, and any number of scenes from Caddyshack II, but for different reasons...
  • Like 2

The end scene of The Mist (film adaptation of a Stephen King story) is pretty brutal.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLc7CMtK44M

I didn't like that ending. It didn't really make much sense to the main character. He went through all that he did in the first 99% of the movie...THEN, he finally decides to do what he did?! I didn't buy it.

I didn't like much of the movie anyway. But the ending was the bad icing on the bad cake for me.

It makes sense to me. He wouldn't do that if he didn't think all had been tried. It's an act of desperation.

Here's a couple ...

The "Long live the king" scene from The Lion King. Still gives me a lump in my throat. I haven't watched Disney movies in ages, but I think the subject matter in that movie was bold, and very very deep in a psychological way.

The end scene of The Mist for obvious reasons.

The violence in Pan's Labyrinth. I believe there's a hidden treasure in that movie, but I don't know if I can ever watch it again. I don't want to feel that depression again.

The sex scenes from The Room.

The funeral scene from My Girl. I was a young kid and it was the first movie that brought tears to my eyes.

• Like 2

The end scene of The Mist (film adaptation of a Stephen King story) is pretty brutal.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLc7CMtK44M

I didn't like that ending. It didn't really make much sense to the main character. He went through all that he did in the first 99% of the movie...THEN, he finally decides to do what he did?! I didn't buy it.

I didn't like much of the movie anyway. But the ending was the bad icing on the bad cake for me.

It makes sense to me. He wouldn't do that if he didn't think all had been tried. It's an act of desperation.

Thomas Jane's character was a fighter. Fighters don't quit THAT quickly.

It just didn't seem right for that character. Felt like a bit of lazy writing IMHO. Yes, I know who wrote it and I don't care. :hail:

I recently started getting hooked on documentaries on Netflix. I think BBC did a documentary on Hiroshima that I started to watch and had to turn it off. There is a scene where a little girl is pinned under some debris that is on fire. the mother sits by helpless as the girl screams because the fire is touching her. The scene goes on FOREVER. I am not kidding. I tapped out after it lasted 5 minutes but seemed like a friggin' eternity and I was literally sitting there yelling to MOVE ON ALREADY.
  • Like 1

Pretty much all of Hostiles. Right from the opening scene, which was the worst, I was put in a state of despair.

The entire film was an exercise in how much brutality an audience could take.

Drowning scene in The Abyss.

Cliff scene in Jurassic Park Lost World (I'm afraid of heights)

Rape scene in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

All of Atonement. Great movie, but too depressing to watch again.

I think the whole of Schindler's List is hard to watch.

An excellent movie that I've only seen once.

Me too.

Same.

Grade: A

...but I don't want to see it again.

Me neither.

baby! :hi:

Not wanting to watch Schindler's List a second time doesn't make someone a baby, you lout!

:rage:

Ummm.., he said 'baby' as it's a part of my username. :)

• Like 1

Me too.

Same.

Me neither.

Not wanting to watch Schindler's List a second time doesn't make someone a baby, you lout!

Baby baby baby??

:pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy:

Me too.

Same.

Me neither.

Baby baby baby??

Hey, baby! ;)

• Like 1

Me too.

Same.

Me neither.

Baby baby baby??

Hey, baby! ;)

I haven't got a baby in my TRF name! :o :whipgirl:

Me too.

Same.

Me neither.

Baby baby baby??

Hey, baby! ;)

I haven't got a baby in my TRF name! :o :whipgirl:

I know....! :LOL:

Pretty much all of Hostiles. Right from the opening scene, which was the worst, I was put in a state of despair.

The entire film was an exercise in how much brutality an audience could take.

A stark, powerful film.

Also the scene in Muriel's Wedding when her mum breaks down, after all the negkect and abuse she suffered, only to shortly after kill herself.

It really upset me and I will forever HATE this movie for the way we are left to still root for her bitch daughter.

Terrible movie, the moral angle was out of whack and the character deserved a lot more love and attention than she got.

I find it hard to watch anything with Willis, Stallone or that arse Steven Segal

The best Segal film is the one where he gets killed off early on! Executive Decision.

All the rest by him are, I agree, boring (from the few I've seen) apart from maybe the Under Siege films which aren't too bad.