Geddy in California!

greyfriar

Seems he's having some fun and Scully is with him. Now let the tour rumours start again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82ARErk5LQ

More proof of life, thanks.

You do know we all read RIAB?

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

Yeah I don't either. Only time I ever go over there is if there's a link for something.

The only time I ever visited the page was on the first few dates of a tour since they always had live set updates. Other than that, never bother with it. I come here everyday. If news breaks someone will post it.

...eventually.

At this point only thing I'm interested in is news of a new album, which is very doubtful. Seems like the only thing we've been hearing is about how many vintage basses Geddy is getting.

He's a collector of things we know that but I guess he could be toying with the idea of a solo album

I just think it's funny that he was known for playing mainly two instruments (not counting the Wal or the Steinberger etc.)his entire career and then he retires and buys dozens more.

EDIT: It would be great if he did a solo album. I would just like to hear something new from him period.

I'm just genuinely happy for the guy (Alex and Neil too.) if he makes a solo album collaborates with his mates or others or not. He's just enjoying his life.

I've been totally ambivalent and totally satisfied since 2013. Still very interested in what they might be up to due to their lasting impact but that's just me.

One of the things I did like about the R40 tour was that he was sharing his basses with us. I'm glad he's found another hobby. though.

Yeah same here. I'm happy for him. I'm also content if we get no other music from them. I can't think of any other band that has lasted so long with all the original members.

Many bands have lasted with their original members longer than Rush did with theirs. Rush only lasted one album. :)

• Like 2

Seems he's having some fun and Scully is with him. Now let the tour rumours start again...

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

Yeah I don't either. Only time I ever go over there is if there's a link for something.

The only time I ever visited the page was on the first few dates of a tour since they always had live set updates. Other than that, never bother with it. I come here everyday. If news breaks someone will post it.

...eventually.

At this point only thing I'm interested in is news of a new album, which is very doubtful. Seems like the only thing we've been hearing is about how many vintage basses Geddy is getting.

He's a collector of things we know that but I guess he could be toying with the idea of a solo album

No solo album for me. They need each other for the real magic to happen. They already proved that with their previous solo releases.

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

I just think it's funny that he was known for playing mainly two instruments (not counting the Wal or the Steinberger etc.)his entire career and then he retires and buys dozens more.

EDIT: It would be great if he did a solo album. I would just like to hear something new from him period.

I'm just genuinely happy for the guy (Alex and Neil too.) if he makes a solo album collaborates with his mates or others or not. He's just enjoying his life.

I've been totally ambivalent and totally satisfied since 2013. Still very interested in what they might be up to due to their lasting impact but that's just me.

One of the things I did like about the R40 tour was that he was sharing his basses with us. I'm glad he's found another hobby. though.

Yeah same here. I'm happy for him. I'm also content if we get no other music from them. I can't think of any other band that has lasted so long with all the original members.

Many bands have lasted with their original members longer than Rush did with theirs. Rush only lasted one album. :)

Jerk. You know what she meant. John Rutsy was like that place holder quarterback you pick up in free agency to hold you over till you draft your quarterback of the future. Neil Peart is Tom Brady.

• Like 2

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

Jerk. You know what she meant. John Rutsy was like that place holder quarterback you pick up in free agency to hold you over till you draft your quarterback of the future. Neil Peart is Tom Brady.

But he's not an original member.

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

You had to be "that guy", didn't you? :LOL:

• Like 1

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

No solo album for me. They need each other for the real magic to happen. They already proved that with their previous solo releases.

They aren't joined at the hip. There's no reason why they can't make music separately. I would still be glad to hear something he put out.

• Like 1

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

They aren't joined at the hip. There's no reason why they can't make music separately. I would still be glad to hear something he put out.

:yes:

new Rush albums > new solo Rush members' albums

new solo Rush members' albums > no new Rush albums

Also, there are some Geddy solo and Victor songs that I like more than some Rush songs. Not many but there are.

• Like 1

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

I thought about being "that guy" but expected you or someone else to post something like this :LOL:

You were begging for a "that guy" to post with your post. :LOL:

• Like 1

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

I thought about being "that guy" but expected you or someone else to post something like this :LOL:

No not really. I figured people would be intelligent enough to know what I was talking about. ;)

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

But John Rutsey was ill. They did not sack him

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

Sick or sacked, he was still an original member. :P

• Like 1

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

I would LOVE to see Geddy working with my namesake on drums for some sort of Rock/Jazz/Fusion/Prog crossover type album.

Now I think that would be very very cool!!!!

Perhaps with some "guest" guitar players. Larry Carlton, Lee Ritnour, Joe Bonnamassa, Steve Lukather, Santana, even Clapton

I think that would be very eclectic and give "The Geddster" so much freedom to explore more musical versatility.

Just a thought

• Like 1

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

Errr... Rush was a 5 piece with a keyboard player and girl singer in the very early days dude

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

Errr... Rush was a 5 piece with a keyboard player and girl singer in the very early days dude

What are you "err"ing about? Rutsey was an original Rush member.

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

I know man but they had a few line up changes before they got signed as a 3 piece dude!!!!!

We do? ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Me neither.

...eventually.

I know man but they had a few line up changes before they got signed as a 3 piece dude!!!!!

You're getting lost. I know all that. I'm only talking about Rutsey. John Rutsey. The original Rush drummer. I'm tired already and it's not even 9am. :LOL:

• Like 1

Yeh ok point taken, I am rambling ha ha ha

Well OK, it was a shame about Rutsey, he was a good drummer and I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that he wrote most of the lyric on the first album.

Did Mrs JB beat you at Pontoon? (Blackjack)

XXX

Well OK, it was a shame about Rutsey, he was a good drummer and I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that he wrote most of the lyric on the first album.

XXX

I thought the lyrics story was this:

Rutsey was supposed to write the lyrics but he slacked so Geddy quickly wrote what we ended up with.

Mrs. B won the first two hands then I won eight in a row. :LOL:

• Like 1

XXX

Rutsey was supposed to write the lyrics but he slacked so Geddy quickly wrote what we ended up with.

Perhaps it was "woman's intuition". She wanted something so she let your macho male pride win XXXXX

XXX

You may be right JB. I thought that Geddy was trying to be like Percy Plant on that first album. Listen to Finding My Way and In The Mood. It is very "Plantesque"

XXX

Perhaps it was "woman's intuition". She wanted something so she let your macho male pride win XXXXX

:LOL:

Not really. I don't care about winning those games. I just enjoy doing stuff with her.

• Like 1

XXX

You may be right JB. I thought that Geddy was trying to be like Percy Plant on that first album. Listen to Finding My Way and In The Mood. It is very "Plantesque"

I thought Geddy wrote them virtually on the spot BECAUSE Rutsey didn't have the lyrics ready despite having supposed to

• Like 1

XXX

I thought Geddy wrote them virtually on the spot BECAUSE Rutsey didn't have the lyrics ready despite having supposed to

Oh god I don't know man!!! I know quite a bit about the early days but that was not in my history book sadly :rage:

• Like 1