Your Rush Shirts

Justus_2112

So I don't know if other people on this forum pay much attention to Rush shirts, but I most definitely do. Which ones do you have?

My Collection (16):

1. Original Rush Logo on Orange T-Shirt

2. Fly By Night Album Cover

3. Caress of Steel Album Cover

4. 2112 Album Cover

5. 2112 Album Cover on weird Dark Blue - Light Blue Fade

6. AFTK Tour T-Shirt

7. Hemispheres T-Shirt

8. Blurry Permanent Waves Shirt from China (I never wear it)

9. Moving Pictures T-Shirt

10. Power Windows Album Cover

11. Hold Your Fire spheres on Black T-Shirt

12. Snakes and Arrows Blue Shirt with Sword

13. Time Machine Tour (Bought at my first Rush concert.)

14. Clockwork Angels Tour Shirt (Bought on eBay)

15. White Starman logo shirt

16. Black "Evolution of Logo" shirt (logos on back, Hemispheres logo on front.)

61XhOEinw3L._UX385_.jpgRUR4MTEBCH036_000.jpg?preset=details

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mKIuD8KOHJOJYrXM1sI-fcA.jpg61ohIt3MPkL._UX385_.jpghttp://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m0o89E4AckCyGJd1xMErzDA.jpg

• Like 4

I've got shirts from every tour that I went to, dating back to 1984. More than half of them I can't wear any more (too small, faded, etc.) and the other half my wife won't allow me to wear (her favorite is my Snakes and Arrows baseball shirt... lol!) I have a couple that I occasionally wear; None-the-less I do hang on to all these shirts (much to my wife's displeasure!) Hey, I guess I'm a Rush hoarder.

Btw, I saw an ingenious way to preserve all these old shirts back on the R30 tour (at the Virginia Beach show) - a guy made a giant tapestry with each panel being the front/back of a different tour shirt. Very cool way to display all those old shirts that you don't wear anymore. Wish I had a picture.

Also had to mention - one shirt that I no longer have. I have a young Aunt that's just 8-9 years older than I. She introduced me to alot of cool music back in the late 70's, including Rush (though it didn't really take at first!) She had given me an old shirt with an owl on it. She showed me a picture years later; it was actually a Fly By Night tour shirt! I don't know what became of that shirt - it disappeared before I was out of high school.

Edited by cygnify

I've got tour shirts (official and otherwise!) going back to my first show in 1988, plus additonal store-bought ones I've owned over the years.

They're in a big plastic tub because my mom wants to make a quilt from them!

My mom wants to make a quilt out of mine, too. I told her that I would rather hang them on a wall instead once I outgrow them.

I've got tour shirts (official and otherwise!) going back to my first show in 1988, plus additonal store-bought ones I've owned over the years.

My mom wants to make a quilt out of mine, too. I told her that I would rather hang them on a wall instead once I outgrow them.

I wish I caught a bunch of my old shirts (not ONLY Rush) that shrank before they got damaged (Water in the basement when they were stored at my parents house...) I wanted to have something made from the logos (front logo as front of the quilt, back tour dates as the back of the quilt.

I only have one I bought off the street for R40. 10 bucks, as opposed to $50 inside.

I also got a shirt from Alex in 2010 and one from Neil's cannon in 2012, but I gave those both away as gifts.

I have a couple of bootleg shirts (PRESTO w/ Show of Hands logo and VT with starman reverse), plus a PRESTO bunnies legit. I also have the R30 baseball jersey.

I have had shirts since the Hemispheres tour but I have worn them. I didn't put them in a drawer and hide them away. So the only ones I currently have are from Clockwork Angels to R40.
  • Like 1

I think I only have one "official" tour shirt, from the Presto tour, but I never wear it, and don't recall where I got that one, as I didn't see that tour. Maybe a gift. I have one shirt from Geddy's dryer (complete with YouTube video from Tinley Park IL of my brother diving in front of me before the encore to grab it, even though Geddy threw it right at me, then remembering that I bought his ticket, and giving me the shirt). Then I have the way more interesting shirts, the ones I had made specifically to wear to Rush concerts. I have a "Let Neil Sing" shirt that nicely parallels Stevie's. I have a "Just Came to See Audrey" shirt (which won me a tip of the bow from the violinist herself, and a hearty laugh from Lerxst). I have a "He Plays Bass" shirt with pointing arrow, worn whenever I attended Rush shows with my brother, He Plays Bass. I have that shirt on in my meet and greet photo, but unfortunately, the arrow is pointing at Alex! I have an "It Didn't Always Feel That Way" shirt that I made but don't think I've ever worn. I have a black shirt with the picture of the guy with wings and a wrench working on a boiler from "Working Them Angels" that I wear all the time and get compliments on. I have a black tee with Geddy's high school picture on it (he mouthed "Is that me" from the stage and I nodded yes; he shook his head in disbelief, either at how he looked in high school, or that any nerd would make a shirt of it). Then I have my favorite, an MLB official Toronto Blue Jays home jersey, with "WEINRIB" on the back and the number 3. It takes a knowledgeable Rush fan to recognize that one.
  • Like 2

Will you like it? I'm asking because I'm making a quilt out of a bunch of my son's high school tees. None are as precious to him (I don't think!) as Rush tees. He was a drummer and there are a LOT of different drum tees and Sabian and Zildjian tees, etc etc. I think it will turn out well.

I wish I had at least saved my old concert tees, or some of them. It was the 70's and 80's- I actually wore them until they got very beat up. I would love to have kept some of them nice to have makings for a quilt now!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I think I only have one "official" tour shirt, from the Presto tour, but I never wear it, and don't recall where I got that one, as I didn't see that tour. Maybe a gift. I have one shirt from Geddy's dryer (complete with YouTube video from Tinley Park IL of my brother diving in front of me before the encore to grab it, even though Geddy threw it right at me, then remembering that I bought his ticket, and giving me the shirt). Then I have the way more interesting shirts, the ones I had made specifically to wear to Rush concerts. I have a "Let Neil Sing" shirt that nicely parallels Stevie's. I have a "Just Came to See Audrey" shirt (which won me a tip of the bow from the violinist herself, and a hearty laugh from Lerxst). I have a "He Plays Bass" shirt with pointing arrow, worn whenever I attended Rush shows with my brother, He Plays Bass. I have that shirt on in my meet and greet photo, but unfortunately, the arrow is pointing at Alex! I have an "It Didn't Always Feel That Way" shirt that I made but don't think I've ever worn. I have a black shirt with the picture of the guy with wings and a wrench working on a boiler from "Working Them Angels" that I wear all the time and get compliments on. I have a black tee with Geddy's high school picture on it (he mouthed "Is that me" from the stage and I nodded yes; he shook his head in disbelief, either at how he looked in high school, or that any nerd would make a shirt of it). Then I have my favorite, an MLB official Toronto Blue Jays home jersey, with "WEINRIB" on the back and the number 3. It takes a knowledgeable Rush fan to recognize that one.

Those are some shirts- you are very artistic! As my daughter said when my "Union of Maples" shirt arrived- "You Rush fans have a lot of fun!" :LOL:

At least two going back to the Grace Under Pressure tour. Most of them sit unworn in boxes. Only bought shirts inside or outside the arena or during the last 10 years or so on the website.

Love for the quilt idea to be in my future.

• Like 1

I have two hoodies and about 30 tour shirts but my old standby is a simple generic black T with a white star man on the front. That's it, simple and so classic! I have 2 of these and at least one needs to be ready at a moments notice. I'm wearing one of them right now actually, no joke!!

These are all I have as of 3/30/2017

Moving Pictures tour reprint tee (first Rush tee I owned and one of two I found at Hot Topic which was almost 8 years ago now)

Roll The Bones tour reprint tee (the other Hot Topic Rush tee)

Time Machine Tour 2010 "Steam" tee

Time Machine Tour 2011 "Clock" tee

"Rash" tee

Black Rush "Original Logo" tee

Clockwork Angels Tour "Airship" tee

R40 Tour Drum Logo longsleeve tee

R40 Tour "White Tally" tee

I've thought about offloading the Time Machine Tour and Clockwork Angels Tour tees on eBay or something as I haven't worn them in years...hey're practically just sitting in my closet. I could tear up the sleeves and have new use of them as sleeveless tees during the summer.

2, The MP remake that came with the ATWAS DVD, and the red CA North American tour shirt. My third one, which is actually the tee I wear to concerts, is a royal blue one with a depiction of the MFH cover on the front and back.

These are all I have as of 3/30/2017

Moving Pictures tour reprint tee (first Rush tee I owned and one of two I found at Hot Topic which was almost 8 years ago now)

Roll The Bones tour reprint tee (the other Hot Topic Rush tee)

Time Machine Tour 2010 "Steam" tee

Time Machine Tour 2011 "Clock" tee

"Rash" tee

Black Rush "Original Logo" tee

Clockwork Angels Tour "Airship" tee

R40 Tour Drum Logo longsleeve tee

R40 Tour "White Tally" tee

I've thought about offloading the Time Machine Tour and Clockwork Angels Tour tees on eBay or something as I haven't worn them in years...hey're practically just sitting in my closet. I could tear up the sleeves and have new use of them as sleeveless tees during the summer.

What size is the Clockwork Angels tee?

I don't have any.

I bought official tour shirts during the Presto and Roll the Bones tours...and I bought a 2112 star man shirt at a record store in Columbus, Ohio, back in 1991. But they're all gone now.