• Turbo
    • Ram It Down
    • Painkiller
    • Jugulator
    • Demolition
    • Angel Of Retribution
    • Nostradamus
    • Redeemer Of Souls

So I couldn't find an official Judas Priest thread in my quick search (please correct me if I'm wrong), thus I decided to start one, as Judas Priest might be slowly becoming my favorite metal band. I've just gotten Stained Class out from the library and am listening to it now....my my my, and I thought Screaming For Vengeance was good, this is great! Anyway, I'm very new to Priest and wouldn't say I'm much of a dedicated "fan" yet, but the point is I'm starting to think I soon might be, so here's a thread for anyone to post anything about 'em.

Rock on, Metal Gods!

I need to buy this album ASAP.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 4

Check out the Turbo 30 Priest thread and the new Priest album thread. In fact you should do a Priest search so you can catch up on a few things.

I did do a quick search just to make sure this thread didn't already exist, but I will look into some more priest threads. Thanks!

In the meantime, what's everyone's favorite Priest album? Maybe I should've done a poll, maybe I can still add one.

So far Stained Class is looking like my favorite, and I've only heard Sad Wings Of Destiny, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, and Stained Class so far. British Steel might be right after it for me.

• Like 1

Check out the Turbo 30 Priest thread and the new Priest album thread. In fact you should do a Priest search so you can catch up on a few things.

I did do a quick search just to make sure this thread didn't already exist, but I will look into some more priest threads. Thanks!

In the meantime, what's everyone's favorite Priest album? Maybe I should've done a poll, maybe I can still add one.

So far Stained Class is looking like my favorite, and I've only heard Sad Wings Of Destiny, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, and Stained Class so far. British Steel might be right after it for me.

It's hard to pick a favourite album, even their so-called bad albums are good, in the Halford-era anyway.

• Like 2

It's hard to pick a favourite album, even their so-called bad albums are good, in the Halford-era anyway.

Haven't heard anything I disliked yet! And there's the poll! :D

Haven't heard anything I disliked yet! And there's the poll! :D

I'll have to think about it and vote for my favourite one at the moment.

• Like 1

I see Union has taken full advantage of the fact that you can vote for as many as you like in this poll, lol. That was meant in case people like to differentiate between best and favorite, but who am I to stop you?

Listening through Stained Class again, just killer stuff.

Interesting to see the wide range of choices. Goes to show how good most of their stuff is. I have to admit I'm not terribly familiar with most stuff after painkiller. My fave is sad wings of destiny although I think their best sounding album is screaming. Some of their older stuff suffers a bit due to poor recording or mixing IMO even though the songs are still there like on point of entry.
  • Like 1

I see Union has taken full advantage of the fact that you can vote for as many as you like in this poll, lol. That was meant in case people like to differentiate between best and favorite, but who am I to stop you?

Listening through Stained Class again, just killer stuff.

I just chose the ones I liked

• Like 1

Interesting to see the wide range of choices. Goes to show how good most of their stuff is. I have to admit I'm not terribly familiar with most stuff after painkiller. My fave is sad wings of destiny although I think their best sounding album is screaming. Some of their older stuff suffers a bit due to poor recording or mixing IMO even though the songs are still there like on point of entry.

The songs are there on Point Of Entry? That's news to me.

Easily their worst album. Hard to believe that turd came out in between British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It's like they had to completely suck in order to know they could be great again.

My top 3 JP albums: Wings, Class and Painkillah. Really kickass and quality records.

I don't think their 80's albums are great, I find them commercial and very overpraised(SfV, BS and DotF). When it comes to the 80's metal give me all of Maiden albums, Ace of Spades, Heaven & Hell, Blizzard of Ozz, Holy Diver, Ride the Lightning, Peace Sells and Wheels of Steel over them anytime.

Edited by Texas King
  • Like 1

Easily their worst album. Hard to believe that turd came out in between British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It's like they had to completely suck in order to know they could be great again.

Heading out to the highway and desert plains are damn good live and two of my fave priest songs but a bit boring on the album. Hot rockin and solar angels also good IMO.

• Like 3

Heading out to the highway and desert plains are damn good live and two of my fave priest songs but a bit boring on the album. Hot rockin and solar angels also good IMO.

Highway, Desert Plains and Solar Angels are good songs. That's it for the album though. It's mainly made up of terribly bland, forgettable songs. Highway is much better live. There's a punch to it that the studio version lacks.

• Like 1

Well my favorite Priest album in Unleashed in the studio.. uh... I mean Japan, but since it's not an option I have to go with Screaming for Vengeance simply because Electric Eye is Priest at their metal best.
  • Like 3

Highway, Desert Plains and Solar Angels are good songs. That's it for the album though. It's mainly made up of terribly bland, forgettable songs. Highway is much better live. There's a punch to it that the studio version lacks.

You can add Don't Go, Hot Rockin' and OnThe Run to the list of good songs. I don't get the Point Of Entry hate. Good album.

• Like 3

You can add Don't Go, Hot Rockin' and OnThe Run to the list of good songs. I don't get the Point Of Entry hate. Good album.

Turning Circles is one of my favorites. I like all of the tracks on that album.

• Like 1

Turning Circles is one of my favorites. I like all of the tracks on that album.

agreed.

• Like 1

Vengeance got my vote. It is a sentimental favorite... been cranking that album for 30+ years and I still have my original vinyl.

In truth, I really like the whole run from Sad Wings through Vengeance.

If Unleashed... had been in the poll I would have voted for that

• Like 3