Neil Irvine Meadows Drum clinic 1992

Xanadoood

This is awesome. I've known about that clinic for years, and I'm glad some footage is finally released.
  • Like 2

He talk to much, I cant be bothered...

Isn't that what clinics are for? The musician dissecting his music. Breaking down the parts in an intimate setting. I love these clinics. I WANT them to talk.

• Like 4

Isn't that what clinics are for? The musician dissecting his music. Breaking down the parts in an intimate setting. I love these clinics. I WANT them to talk.

Then you can watch it. I just know I wont.

Just fast-forward five minutes.

But he does actually play. He talks for a bit then plays the songs all the way through. And you can hear and see parts that you might not pick up on the actual song. Listen to TSS.. his right foot is a lot busier than I initially thought , from just hearing the original recording.

• Like 2

But he does actually play. He talks for a bit then plays the songs all the way through. And you can hear and see parts that you might not pick up on the actual song. Listen to TSS.. his right foot is a lot busier than I initially thought , from just hearing the original recording.

:yes:

I noted the same thing about his right foot on that song. I never picked up on all the flutters when listening to the studio cut. And damn, does he hit hard or what?

• Like 1

I noted the same thing about his right foot on that song. I never picked up on all the flutters when listening to the studio cut. And damn, does he hit hard or what?

Yeah he's really laying into the kit.

Reno gets a shout out!

:dweez:

While I am still watching this, I wonder if that is where the songs come from? If so, it would be nice to have that recording!

Also, I think his drums sounded better here than any of the recordings from this tour captured.

One of the cool aspects of this is I think he's playing to a soundboard of a recent live show (Reno?)

Also did Geddy also flub a lyric? "I turn my back to the sun?" Did that really happen or did I mishear that?

As much as I like seeing Neil play in this kind of environment, I like it even more when he's talking and cracking bad jokes.

Watching him play in such a rare and intimate setting is amazing. I was in high school then and can't even imagine how cool that must have been.

I'm not sure most grasp just how difficult that stuff is to not just play, but play so precisely and consistently and hard-hitting.

Reno gets a shout out!

While I am still watching this, I wonder if that is where the songs come from? If so, it would be nice to have that recording!

He says the recorded songs are from Reno, the show just prior to the clinic.

If only Alex and Geddy loved their fans enough to do instrument clinics back in the day.

What an amazing experience for those that attended.

• Like 1

Reno gets a shout out!

He says the recorded songs are from Reno, the show just prior to the clinic.

More proof my hearing is tanking, or I can't pay attention worth a lick.

If only Alex and Geddy loved their fans enough to do instrument clinics back in the day.

What an amazing experience for those that attended.

I don't know if I would say that they didn't love their fans enough that maybe there was no opportunity for them to do it? Who knows? But it would've been an awesome thing to see.

I don't know if I would say that they didn't love their fans enough that maybe there was no opportunity for them to do it?

I thought I'd sneak " If only Alex and Geddy loved their fans enough to do instrument clinics back in the day" for the laughs :P

• Like 1

I don't know if I would say that they didn't love their fans enough that maybe there was no opportunity for them to do it?

I thought I'd sneak " If only Alex and Geddy loved their fans enough to do instrument clinics back in the day" for the laughs :P

:LOL: