I had an altercation at McDonald's

Maverick

I usually get micky d for breakfast daily at the same location...today I went to a different one. I was going through my normal morning routine when I noticed the car in front of me was not merging. It was straddling the two lanes. Oh, I knew what the minivan was doing. They were playing drive thru roulette in an attempt to hedge their bets on which lane would be moving faster. This is not done at my McDonalds. People do not do anything as crass as a lane straddle. They, oh so politely, follow protocol moving up as soon as the next space is available in an effort to keep the lines in a smooth synchronized pattern. Once the minivan had finally selected a lane, the driver apparently not getting her order taken fast enough at the menu area, honked her horn – three times. And not a quick honk, honk, honk but she really laid on her horn to such an extent I couldn’t hear my Fox News Radio. I admit this rattled me a bit and might have led to what happened next. I did something I almost never do and got myself a 460 calories and counting bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

After I ordered, I executed a flawless, merge maneuver and gracefully had my car back into one lane, while my mind drifted to how good that biscuit was going to taste. Just as I was thinking about the buttery goodness of it all, I was jolted back to reality by someone banging on my car. It was the minivan lady and she was ticked. I rolled down my window and she pointed her finger at me while yelling that I had cut in front of her. Which I had most certainly not done, thank you very much. I was in Lane 1 and had, by not laying on my horn, placed my order before she did in Lane 2, hence I merge first.

My initial reaction was to visually check her for a weapon and my second was to wimp out or as I call it let good manners take over and say, “Oh so sorry.” This did not appease the drive thru bully. She wanted me to pull out of the line altogether so she could get in front of me. And that’s where she made her mistake. No one gets between me and my Diet Coke. I told her that wasn’t going to happen and to “get over herself.” Mistake. She flipped me the bird, got back in her car and then rode my bumper the rest of the way through the drive thru. I was so scared she was going to follow me and I don’t know pistol whip me with her Sausage McGriddle Value Meal that I drove to the extremely close police department and sat in their parking lot eating my biscuit until I thought the coast was clear. Oh, and just so you know the minivan had a “Kindness Matters” bumper sticker.

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 5

I don't know what you all are talking about?

You listen to FOX News radio too??? So do I.

I salute your showing patience and restraint my fellow patriot!

Fox News radio ? My radio doesn't get that station.

XM Radio.

I have XM too but it won't tune to that station and I like it that way. :blush:

I usually get micky d for breakfast daily at the same location...today I went to a different one. I was going through my normal morning routine when I noticed the car in front of me was not merging. It was straddling the two lanes. Oh, I knew what the minivan was doing. They were playing drive thru roulette in an attempt to hedge their bets on which lane would be moving faster. This is not done at my McDonalds. People do not do anything as crass as a lane straddle. They, oh so politely, follow protocol moving up as soon as the next space is available in an effort to keep the lines in a smooth synchronized pattern. Once the minivan had finally selected a lane, the driver apparently not getting her order taken fast enough at the menu area, honked her horn – three times. And not a quick honk, honk, honk but she really laid on her horn to such an extent I couldn’t hear my Fox News Radio. I admit this rattled me a bit and might have led to what happened next. I did something I almost never do and got myself a 460 calories and counting bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

After I ordered, I executed a flawless, merge maneuver and gracefully had my car back into one lane, while my mind drifted to how good that biscuit was going to taste. Just as I was thinking about the buttery goodness of it all, I was jolted back to reality by someone banging on my car. It was the minivan lady and she was ticked. I rolled down my window and she pointed her finger at me while yelling that I had cut in front of her. Which I had most certainly not done, thank you very much. I was in Lane 1 and had, by not laying on my horn, placed my order before she did in Lane 2, hence I merge first.

My initial reaction was to visually check her for a weapon and my second was to wimp out or as I call it let good manners take over and say, “Oh so sorry.” This did not appease the drive thru bully. She wanted me to pull out of the line altogether so she could get in front of me. And that’s where she made her mistake. No one gets between me and my Diet Coke. I told her that wasn’t going to happen and to “get over herself.” Mistake. She flipped me the bird, got back in her car and then rode my bumper the rest of the way through the drive thru. I was so scared she was going to follow me and I don’t know pistol whip me with her Sausage McGriddle Value Meal that I drove to the extremely close police department and sat in their parking lot eating my biscuit until I thought the coast was clear. Oh, and just so you know the minivan had a “Kindness Matters” bumper sticker.

That witch sounds horrible! I'm sorry you had to go to the police station to eat your biscuit in peace. I hope she had an out of state plate so that you don't have to keep seeing her there, yuck.

Plus, how intelligent is she to confront you? For all she knows, your breakfast is protected by Smith and Wesson. People that road rage (or drive thru rage) like that are nuts.

An impatient, minivan driving woman flipping you the bird at a Mickey D's drive-thru.

Boy am I disappointed.

I was expecting fisticuffs with Maverick smacking around some testosterone-driven barbarians.

"Altercation"?!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/236/706/739.gif
  • Like 6

Only you. Seriously.

• Like 4

Women in minivans can be nutcases. Sometimes a strategically placed miniature flamethrower under your front seat can pay off.
  • Like 1

Women in minivans can be nutcases. Sometimes a strategically placed miniature flamethrower under your front seat can pay off.

Do you drive a minivan? :popcorn:

She is a minivan! With a clowns face painted on it like she's a Pennywise the clown van!

Do you drive a minivan? :popcorn:

She is a minivan! With a clowns face painted on it like she's a Pennywise the clown van!

If I had any idea what that was I would know how to respond. :LOL:

• Like 1

You sure it wasn't Hillary?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zyWGvzsaU6w/VRQtnoXb7wI/AAAAAAAAsvQ/rpTnKIniIsw/s1600/Hillary%2BPennywise%2B2016.PNG

http://i0.wp.com/www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/hiillarygodzilla.png?fit=600%2C351

• Like 3