Favorite Song from My Favorite Headache

physics23

Which is your favorite song on this album?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite song on this album?

• My Favorite Headache
    • The Present Tense
    • Window to the World
    • Working at Perfekt
    • Runaway Train
    • The Angels' Share
    • Moving to Bohemia
    • Home on the Strange
    • Slipping
    • Still
    • Grace to Grace

Good question... the album did not strike me at first, and I really did not give it enough listens - I gave up on it too soon...

I guess I need to break it out and listen to it again, then maybe it will grow on me...

I'm terribly ashamed, but it seems I only listened to this once when I bought it in 2000, and then put it on the shelf. doh.gif

Since Friday night it's taken up residence in my car, driven around Leeds with me a few times, and taken me to Sheffield and back.

I love this album.

I voted for Still, but Slipping and Grace to Grace are a close joint second, and the rest of the album is not far behind.

I got this album a few days ago and I've listened to it at least 4-5 times and I must say that it is much better than I would've expected for a first solo album! Usually on avery album there's one song that I find forgettable, but on this... there isn't! It keeps proving the fact that Lee is one hell of a musician. His singing flows perfectly with the music since he wrote the lyrics and music, but with Rush there are some songs where his singing is a little awkward with the music, but that's because of the lyrics (I'm not saying the lyrics put a dent in Rush, on the contrary they are part of the essence of Rush of course!) and it shows what a good singer he is, especially Still, that song is the one that stuck out immediately, it's just beautiful, and it's the one I voted for. But the rest is excellent too. Great, mesmerizing album! Looking forward to any future Lee solo albums as much as future Rush albums!

QUOTE (wots...uh the deal @ Jan 20 2008, 08:12 PM)
...especially Still, that song is the one that stuck out immediately, it's just beautiful, and it's the one I voted for...

- agreed!

after all this time Still is (ahem) still my favorite!

Edited by ghostworks

I love Grace to Grace, masterful song.