Snakes and Arrows Vs. Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

Carvan Alex

Snakes and Arrows Vs. Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rush or Foo Fighters?

• Snakes and Arrows
    • Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

As much as I love Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, Snakes and Arrows wins my vote IMO. Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace is probably one of the Foo Fighters' weakest albums.

I picked the one I've never heard lol...

Nothing really makes one better than the other.

That's not really a compliment to either...

Snakes. i love the Foos as people........they seem awesome. their music does nothing for me though.

Mick

Same.

But I like that album more than Snakes.

• Like 1

Snakes. i love the Foos as people........they seem awesome. their music does nothing for me though.

Mick

Same.

that's the thing. if their music matched the personalities off stage......oh my they could have been a top band for me. the recorded stuff is so clinical to me,

this band is the definition of a missed opportunity, lol

Mick

Mick

That's a real shame considering I am fan of their music as well.
  • Like 3

Mick

Same.

that's the thing. if their music matched the personalities off stage......oh my they could have been a top band for me. the recorded stuff is so clinical to me,

this band is the definition of a missed opportunity, lol

Mick

Still the second greatest live band I have ever seen.

If any band should record all their albums live...this is the one. Honestly...the concert was incredible. So much so I thought I was converted...then I returned to the albums and...nope. still bored.

Snakes!

It's not the most consistent album, but I like a lot of it.

Same. I know I love The Larger Bowl more than most, it seems.

• Like 1

I went with Snakes because while I do love FooFighters, this is not the album which would compete with a Rush album for me. Now if it was Wasting Light it would be a tougher choice for me. That is a damn good album IMO. I like Echoes but not as much as Wasting Light or even Sonic Highways.
  • Like 2

I went with Snakes because while I do love FooFighters, this is not the album which would compete with a Rush album for me. Now if it was Wasting Light it would be a tougher choice for me. That is a damn good album IMO. I like Echoes but not as much as Wasting Light or even Sonic Highways.

Exactly. Wasting Light and Snakes are closer but Snakes would still win for me.

• Like 2

Wasting Light was the album that got me INTO the Foo Fighters. I listened to that album nonstop to the point where it became an album that defined me.

• Like 1

Snakes, its an album that grabbed me immediately, not unlike Waves, Signals, 2112, PoW or Moving Pictures.

The Foos are fine, they aren't very original however. Thats not a slight, its a fact. They are talented guys though no one is denying that, I have seen live performances and they are very good but still, theres an originality thats lacking.

• Like 2

Snakes. Far Cry is up there in my favorite Rush songs.

Love, Love, Love the 90's Foos but lost track of them after that. Terrific live band too.

When I read the thread title, I admit I had no idea who made the album that isn't Snakes and Arrows.

But I'd rather put on an old Allman Brothers record anyway. :huh: