Rank the Rush albums!

sabresman31

Not an easy task and certainly subject to change, but I basically added points to albums with songs I love, and subtracted points from albums for songs I loathe. Then I took the net results and placed the albums in order, with any ties broken by the strength of the 'neutral' songs.

I was actually surprised by number 1, because it isn't the one I listen to most. Nevertheless, it does rank highest.

1: Moving Pictures

The first of five albums without any songs I dislike. This one has several I love. I don't listen to it the most, but that must be because I played it so much when I was young.

2: Hemispheres

The second with no weak tracks. Side one is my second favorite Rush song. Frankly the only reason it isn't first is because it only has four songs. (granted they are long).

3: Clockwork Angels

What a way to exit the stage. Again, no weak tracks (I don't count BU2B2 as a song, it's a segue. People complain about Geddy's vocals, but I was never a fan of his vocals anyway. This album is everything I'd been wanting them to do for 25 years.

4: Grace Under Pressure

While this one does have a weak spot, this strengths are just too strong to allow Red lenses or the regrettable irritation of the Between the Wheels intro to drag it down. Possibly my most listened to album.

5: Permanent Waves

Natural Science. That's enough by itself to make this album essential. My favorite song, usually. And every other song is good, although Different Strings is close to not quite being 'good'.

6: Signals

This one features the first Rush song with lyrics I knew by heart- Subdivisions. Chemistry is a weak track, but every other song is very good to excellent.

7: Power Windows

Territories features my all time favorite Rush lyrics. I abhor blind nationalism, and the song echoes my world unity beliefs quite nicely. The album is often described as cold, but I find it to be their most emotional album to that point.

8: A Farewell to Kings

Save for Madrigal, this is a great album. Closer to the Heart is way overplayed and has lust its luster for me completely, but I refuse to blame the album. To me the first of their great albums. After this one, the imperfections are less easily dismissed.

9: Roll the Bones

I love Dreamline, but it's confession time. I like both Neurotica and You Bet Your Life. In fact, it's Ghost of a chance I don't like. And while I love the cheesy songs, they're overproduced, and the backing effects remove any grit.

10: Counterparts

Stick It Out is their most annoying song. Enough to hurt the album more than is fair probably. Speed of Love isn't good either. But honestly the rest of this album is very good indeed.

11: Caress of Steel

Lakeside Park is annoying. I think I'm Going Bald isn't the song they though they had. The spoken parts of Necromancer are ridiculous and dated. But the rest is fantastic. Fountain is a better epic than 2112, Necromancer sets the stage on fire in places.

12: Fly By Night

Riverdell is boring, Best I can is a pre-Neil song and it shows, but the rest of this album is very very good.

13: 2112

Maybe dropping this one so far will be met with derision, but the 2112 epic has sections I don't like despite how great other sections are. Tears is boring, Lessons rocks but isn't terribly clever. Something For Nothing is the best song.

14: Hold Your Fire

Prime Mover is my favorite of their 'synth' songs. I don't really like Open Secrets and Mission irritates me in places. I like all the other songs, even Tai Shan.

15: Vapor Trails

It starts off with a great punch. And this is the album that has grown the most on me. It's moving up the charts and if you ask me again in a year I wouldn't be surprised to see it rise further. This one requires a lot of replay to get.

16: Snakes and Arrows

Far Cry starts off with so much promise. The instrumentals are great. But the choruses are irritating so often. Faithless is bad, and others songs aren't exactly good. Musically it is generally good, though.

17: Test For Echo

I don't hate Dog Years despite the silly lyrics. I don't hate Virtuality. But they aren't good songs, really. And this isn't a good album as Rush is concerned. I like Carve Away the Stone a lot, and Driven is very cool.

18: Presto

This was the only album that disappointed me, so it ranks a little lower than maybe it would otherwise. It was the yellow happy face pin on the rockers jacket full of angst. Too shiny, too polished. An odd 'return to guitar' considering that it somehow was so toothless. (I have to say I still LIKE his album. My criticisms are only on a scale of Rush. I happily own this album.

19: Feedback

You can tell me it doesn't count, but it's much better than the debut, and so I' counting it anyway. I like every cover.

20: Rush

I don't count this one as 'Rush', but that doesn't change reality. It's a well played album full of tiresome cliche lyrics. I like the music, but there are no lyrics that matter to me at all on this album. I wouldn't own it if it wasn't Rush. Light years below every other album.

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Clockwork Angels

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Caress of Steel

Snakes and Arrows

Rush

Counterparts

Fly By Night

Vapor Trails

Hold Your Fire

Roll The Bones

Presto

Test For Echo

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Clockwork Angels

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Caress of Steel

Snakes and Arrows

Rush

Counterparts

Fly By Night

Vapor Trails

Hold Your Fire

Roll The Bones

Presto

Test For Echo

you think Fly By Night is worse than Counterparts and Snakes & Arrows? :wtf:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Clockwork Angels

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Caress of Steel

Snakes and Arrows

Rush

Counterparts

Fly By Night

Vapor Trails

Hold Your Fire

Roll The Bones

Presto

Test For Echo

You think Fly By Night is better than Counterparts and Snakes & Arrows? :wtf:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Clockwork Angels

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Caress of Steel

Snakes and Arrows

Rush

Counterparts

Fly By Night

Vapor Trails

Hold Your Fire

Roll The Bones

Presto

Test For Echo

yes, absolutely

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Clockwork Angels

Power Windows

Grace Under Pressure

Caress of Steel

Snakes and Arrows

Rush

Counterparts

Fly By Night

Vapor Trails

Hold Your Fire

Roll The Bones

Presto

Test For Echo

yes, absolutely

Opinions are funny that way.

I wanted to do my list a little different. Instead of just listing them in order of my personal favorites I wanted to be objective and try to list them in order of best to worst. I have been a fan since I first heard 2112 on my little clock radio at age 12 in 1976, and I am a fan of every era of the band. I listen to all 19 studio albums regularly and enjoy them all, however I do enjoy some more than others. But like I said before my list is not about MY favorites, but an objective (as possible) opinion of the quality of each album. So he it goes!

1- Moving Pictures

Side one is one of the greatest album sides ever (for those who remember vinyl) and side two is way more than just filler. It is their most popular for a reason and although it is not my personal favorite I could not deny it the #1 spot.

2- 2112

I have read thousands of these lists over the years and have found that each persons first introduction to RUSH is often their favorite. This is were it started for me and it remains my favorite. It does however also earn it's spot at #2 The title track remains their masterpiece and the overture is their most powerful piece of music ever. Side two is also more than just filler. Bancock is awesome and with lessons written by Alex, tears written by Geddy, and something for nothing written by Neil you get a tast of each individual style. Something you don't get from any other album. Neil also writes his first great lyrical verse in the closer. What you own...

3- Clockwork Angels

Thirty six years after the masterpiece of 2112 they produce another in Clockwork! Who does that? RUSH baby that's who!! Someone once asked Geddy about a certain technique he used in the song Animate and he responded that it was now "just part of his toolbox" On clockwork you can hear all the different tools they have acquired and developed over the years put to excellent use here. Making a true concept album without having the narrative of the story bog down the lyrics and instead letting each song stand alone and using it to paint a visual landscape for different parts or characters for the story was brilliant! If this was indeed their swan song, what a way to go out!

4- Permanent Waves

I know it gets played a LOT and over the years I have grown old with it from time to time, but honestly The Spirit of Radio may be their very best song! Combining musical styles in a song about the radio were the music works in concert with the lyrics perfectly and then throwing in an ode to Simon & Garfunkle (who ruled the radio at the time) to boot...Brilliant! Once again you will find the rest is not just filler. Freewill is another classic followed by three strong enjoyable songs. And then we get Natural science! Wow! If you never got to hear them play "science" live, well I feel for ya.

5- Hemispheres

Just like on 2112 Rush " swung for the fence" on this one. The difference is on this one they only came up with a triple. lol The title track is great, but just doesn't quite flow as well as 2112. Once again with side two, no filler, the trees is one of Neil's best examples of expressing something so complex (the politics of oppression) in the simplest way, and La Villa is simply epic!

6- Power Windows

So even though I discovered RUSH in '76 it wasn't until '85 that I had a chance to see them live. So this one also holds a place in my heart. However, objectively it earns it spot at #6 It is without a doubt their best sounding album in regatta to production and they did find a way to marry the guitar & synths. The theme holds strong throughout. Although I personally love the whole album, I could see were some other might consider " emotion detector" as filler, so it does not break into the top 5.

7- Hold Your Fire

Ok I expect to get a lot of "feedback" for this ranking, but remember the key word here- objective- This is a different sort of RUSH album. First of all I have to say as a fan of the album format I firmly believe that a collection of hit songs does not make a great album, the songs need to flow and work together for the whole to come together and work despite whatever diversity the individual songs might have ( the Beatles Abby road is the perfect example) RUSH achieved this on HYF better than on any other album they ever produced. Yes this album is different, they were straying away from rock ( they admitted it, and corrected it later) but as a result it has a feel and passion none of their others have. If you are "down" on this one, give it another shot, but do me ( and yourself) a favor and listen to it LOUD!!!

8- Signals

This one for me was hard to rank, I feel it is by far their most inconsistent album. You get the brilliance of Subdivisions, Analog Kid, and Losing it, but also the plodding Weapon and the very dated Countdown. Honestly I love this album and listen to it a lot, but could not justify putting it higher than the ones that have almost no filler. -objectivity-

9- A Farwell to Kings

A little inconsistent like Signals, but not as much. Like Power Windows the theme holds strong and it has it's own unique "renesance" feel.

10- Vapor Trails

Here we go again. I'm sure I will also hear a lot about this ranking, but hear me out. I love it when the rock hard, and they have never rocked harder than on VT. When they made their cover EP they said they took some of their favorite 60's songs and "Rushified" them, well if you were to "rushify" RUSH you get VT! This is RUSH to the extreme! When they made 2112 they made it not caring what the record company expected or wanted, when they made VT it's like they did't care what ANYONE expected or wanted. They made the album they wanted to make, they needed to make, and I love that! The lyrics are way more personal than any other, wich makes it unique and satisfying in my opinion. As far as the sound quality, the corrected that with the remix. If you have only hear the original release do yourself a favor and get the remix and give it another shot, I promise you will not be disapointed.

11- Snakes and Arrows

So with VT they did what they wanted, now it was time to prove they were still relevant, and boy did they ever. Far Cry is one of the strongest songs of the second half of their career ( a good six minutes indeed) and Faithless sounds like the song Neil has been trying to write for years. We get three glorious instrumentals from the "kings of the instrumentals" and Hope is simply the most beautiful piece of music they have ever produced! The theme holds strong and there is some bad ass rocking in songs like Armor $ Sword.

12- Counterparts

Back to their rock & roll roots with songs like Animate and Sun & Moon. Lots of other good songs and I agree with the majority that Cold Fire is way underrated. This one to me musically is on a par with GUP, but beats it out simple because it has "Leave that thing alone" La Villa and YYZ are more celebrated, but I agree with Neil that this might be their best instrumental ever, so infectious, I simply Love it!

13- Grace under Pressure

Another one that is a bit inconsistent, the theme definitely holds strong, but it lacks production. Their first without Terry Brown and Henderson did a great job with the sound, the production, not so much. Big holes with Kid Gloves and Red Lensses.

14-Fly by Night

Debut album #2 shows growing pains. There is some great songs on here but the lyrics show both Neil's promise AND inexperienced. They were still learning each other as musicians and it just doesn't flow as well as some of their later works.

15-RUSH

I hate putting an album I love so much this low, but like I said -objective- It sounds like Rush because Ged is singing and Alex is on guitar, but it also doesn't because there is no Neil on drums. What you have is a classic 70's rock album that to me sounds very nostalgic. However songs like Finding my way and especially Working Man are undeniable.

16-Roll the Bones

Another really tough one for me. There are great songs here, especially Brovado, and the theme is very strong, but it seems to be somewhat of a reflection of that terrible time in music called the 90's and as a result sounds thin and lacks balls!

17-Presto

They wanted to move away from the keyboard sound, yet somehow came away with their most poppy sounding album. The Pass is awesome, and Presto and some others are strong songs, but there are just too many big misses with songs like Anagram & Red Tide. The theme is also one of their weakest.

18-Caress of Steel

So this was the first time they "swung for the fences" like on 2112 and Hemispheres. But if 2112 was a home run, and Hemispheres a triple, well Fountain of Lambneth is barely a single. The Nexromancer is just to dark and awkward and "Going Bald" a good joke, but less than average song. It beats out T4E because Bastille Day burns rubber!

19-Test for Echo

The boys have said there have never been mainstream, but have stayed connected to it. Well by the late 90's rock was no longer the mainstream music and as a result it seems like they were not sure what to do here. As a result T4E sound like a retread of previous RUSH albums, is stale & uninspired. I will say that even the "worst" RUSH album has redeeming qualities as Driven is another one of their strongest songs from the second half of their career. Dog years is probably their all time worst song, but even it has a nice "middle eight".

So there is my list-objectively- RUSH has been a huge part of my life for 40 plus years now and I listen to all of it! Remember Neil once said "that does not suit RUSH, those words have never been spoken" as a result they have experimented & progressed over the years and have remained fearless. Gene Simmons said it best " what kind of band is RUSH, it's RUSH!!!!

I love them for it, and I'm sure you do to, so get out there and rock and "roll the bones"!! ������

Wow Caress of Steel in 18th place, that's shocking!

COS at #18? Presto above it? BLASPHEMY!!!!

I wanted to do my list a little different. Instead of just listing them in order of my personal favorites I wanted to be objective and try to list them in order of best to worst. I have been a fan since I first heard 2112 on my little clock radio at age 12 in 1976, and I am a fan of every era of the band. I listen to all 19 studio albums regularly and enjoy them all, however I do enjoy some more than others. But like I said before my list is not about MY favorites, but an objective (as possible) opinion of the quality of each album. So he it goes!

1- Moving Pictures

Side one is one of the greatest album sides ever (for those who remember vinyl) and side two is way more than just filler. It is their most popular for a reason and although it is not my personal favorite I could not deny it the #1 spot.

2- 2112

I have read thousands of these lists over the years and have found that each persons first introduction to RUSH is often their favorite. This is were it started for me and it remains my favorite. It does however also earn it's spot at #2 The title track remains their masterpiece and the overture is their most powerful piece of music ever. Side two is also more than just filler. Bancock is awesome and with lessons written by Alex, tears written by Geddy, and something for nothing written by Neil you get a tast of each individual style. Something you don't get from any other album. Neil also writes his first great lyrical verse in the closer. What you own...

3- Clockwork Angels

Thirty six years after the masterpiece of 2112 they produce another in Clockwork! Who does that? RUSH baby that's who!! Someone once asked Geddy about a certain technique he used in the song Animate and he responded that it was now "just part of his toolbox" On clockwork you can hear all the different tools they have acquired and developed over the years put to excellent use here. Making a true concept album without having the narrative of the story bog down the lyrics and instead letting each song stand alone and using it to paint a visual landscape for different parts or characters for the story was brilliant! If this was indeed their swan song, what a way to go out!

4- Permanent Waves

I know it gets played a LOT and over the years I have grown old with it from time to time, but honestly The Spirit of Radio may be their very best song! Combining musical styles in a song about the radio were the music works in concert with the lyrics perfectly and then throwing in an ode to Simon & Garfunkle (who ruled the radio at the time) to boot...Brilliant! Once again you will find the rest is not just filler. Freewill is another classic followed by three strong enjoyable songs. And then we get Natural science! Wow! If you never got to hear them play "science" live, well I feel for ya.

5- Hemispheres

Just like on 2112 Rush " swung for the fence" on this one. The difference is on this one they only came up with a triple. lol The title track is great, but just doesn't quite flow as well as 2112. Once again with side two, no filler, the trees is one of Neil's best examples of expressing something so complex (the politics of oppression) in the simplest way, and La Villa is simply epic!

6- Power Windows

So even though I discovered RUSH in '76 it wasn't until '85 that I had a chance to see them live. So this one also holds a place in my heart. However, objectively it earns it spot at #6 It is without a doubt their best sounding album in regatta to production and they did find a way to marry the guitar & synths. The theme holds strong throughout. Although I personally love the whole album, I could see were some other might consider " emotion detector" as filler, so it does not break into the top 5.

7- Hold Your Fire

Ok I expect to get a lot of "feedback" for this ranking, but remember the key word here- objective- This is a different sort of RUSH album. First of all I have to say as a fan of the album format I firmly believe that a collection of hit songs does not make a great album, the songs need to flow and work together for the whole to come together and work despite whatever diversity the individual songs might have ( the Beatles Abby road is the perfect example) RUSH achieved this on HYF better than on any other album they ever produced. Yes this album is different, they were straying away from rock ( they admitted it, and corrected it later) but as a result it has a feel and passion none of their others have. If you are "down" on this one, give it another shot, but do me ( and yourself) a favor and listen to it LOUD!!!

8- Signals

This one for me was hard to rank, I feel it is by far their most inconsistent album. You get the brilliance of Subdivisions, Analog Kid, and Losing it, but also the plodding Weapon and the very dated Countdown. Honestly I love this album and listen to it a lot, but could not justify putting it higher than the ones that have almost no filler. -objectivity-

9- A Farwell to Kings

A little inconsistent like Signals, but not as much. Like Power Windows the theme holds strong and it has it's own unique "renesance" feel.

10- Vapor Trails

Here we go again. I'm sure I will also hear a lot about this ranking, but hear me out. I love it when the rock hard, and they have never rocked harder than on VT. When they made their cover EP they said they took some of their favorite 60's songs and "Rushified" them, well if you were to "rushify" RUSH you get VT! This is RUSH to the extreme! When they made 2112 they made it not caring what the record company expected or wanted, when they made VT it's like they did't care what ANYONE expected or wanted. They made the album they wanted to make, they needed to make, and I love that! The lyrics are way more personal than any other, wich makes it unique and satisfying in my opinion. As far as the sound quality, the corrected that with the remix. If you have only hear the original release do yourself a favor and get the remix and give it another shot, I promise you will not be disapointed.

11- Snakes and Arrows

So with VT they did what they wanted, now it was time to prove they were still relevant, and boy did they ever. Far Cry is one of the strongest songs of the second half of their career ( a good six minutes indeed) and Faithless sounds like the song Neil has been trying to write for years. We get three glorious instrumentals from the "kings of the instrumentals" and Hope is simply the most beautiful piece of music they have ever produced! The theme holds strong and there is some bad ass rocking in songs like Armor $ Sword.

12- Counterparts

Back to their rock & roll roots with songs like Animate and Sun & Moon. Lots of other good songs and I agree with the majority that Cold Fire is way underrated. This one to me musically is on a par with GUP, but beats it out simple because it has "Leave that thing alone" La Villa and YYZ are more celebrated, but I agree with Neil that this might be their best instrumental ever, so infectious, I simply Love it!

13- Grace under Pressure

Another one that is a bit inconsistent, the theme definitely holds strong, but it lacks production. Their first without Terry Brown and Henderson did a great job with the sound, the production, not so much. Big holes with Kid Gloves and Red Lensses.

14-Fly by Night

Debut album #2 shows growing pains. There is some great songs on here but the lyrics show both Neil's promise AND inexperienced. They were still learning each other as musicians and it just doesn't flow as well as some of their later works.

15-RUSH

I hate putting an album I love so much this low, but like I said -objective- It sounds like Rush because Ged is singing and Alex is on guitar, but it also doesn't because there is no Neil on drums. What you have is a classic 70's rock album that to me sounds very nostalgic. However songs like Finding my way and especially Working Man are undeniable.

16-Roll the Bones

Another really tough one for me. There are great songs here, especially Brovado, and the theme is very strong, but it seems to be somewhat of a reflection of that terrible time in music called the 90's and as a result sounds thin and lacks balls!

17-Presto

They wanted to move away from the keyboard sound, yet somehow came away with their most poppy sounding album. The Pass is awesome, and Presto and some others are strong songs, but there are just too many big misses with songs like Anagram & Red Tide. The theme is also one of their weakest.

18-Caress of Steel

So this was the first time they "swung for the fences" like on 2112 and Hemispheres. But if 2112 was a home run, and Hemispheres a triple, well Fountain of Lambneth is barely a single. The Nexromancer is just to dark and awkward and "Going Bald" a good joke, but less than average song. It beats out T4E because Bastille Day burns rubber!

19-Test for Echo

The boys have said there have never been mainstream, but have stayed connected to it. Well by the late 90's rock was no longer the mainstream music and as a result it seems like they were not sure what to do here. As a result T4E sound like a retread of previous RUSH albums, is stale & uninspired. I will say that even the "worst" RUSH album has redeeming qualities as Driven is another one of their strongest songs from the second half of their career. Dog years is probably their all time worst song, but even it has a nice "middle eight".

So there is my list-objectively- RUSH has been a huge part of my life for 40 plus years now and I listen to all of it! Remember Neil once said "that does not suit RUSH, those words have never been spoken" as a result they have experimented & progressed over the years and have remained fearless. Gene Simmons said it best " what kind of band is RUSH, it's RUSH!!!!

I love them for it, and I'm sure you do to, so get out there and rock and "roll the bones"!! ������

Can no one have a different opinion than you?

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

Yeah you tell him, how dare he! Kick him in the arse and shut his mouth! :madra:

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

Can no one here make jokes?

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

Yeah tell us some jokes and we promise not to throw tomatoes! :macallan:

• Like 1

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

ta-m8-toes, or ta-mot-toes?
  • Like 1

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

Eggs might be thrown though.

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

what eggs? the ones for food, dinosaur eggs, or....

1- Moving Pictures

2- 2112

3- Clockwork Angels

4- Permanent Waves

5- Hemispheres

6- Power Windows

7- Hold Your Fire

8- Signals

9- A Farwell to Kings

10- Vapor Trails

11- Snakes and Arrows

12- Counterparts

13- Grace under Pressure

14-Fly by Night

15-RUSH

16-Roll the Bones

17-Presto

18-Caress of Steel

19-Test for Echo

what eggs? the ones for food, dinosaur eggs, or....

Rotten ones!

1.Moving Pictures

2.Permanent Waves

2a. (exit stage left)

3..Signals

4.Hemispheres

5.A Farewell To Kings

6..Power Windows

7.Counterparts

8.Grace Under Pressure

9.Presto

10.Clockwork Angels

11.Test For Echo

12.Roll The Bones

13.Snakes & Arrows

14.Hold Your Fire

15..Caress Of Steel

16.Rush

16.Fly By Night

17.Vapor Trails

1) Moving Pictures (I don't listen to it much, but there's no way I can justify putting it any lower)

2) Signals

3) Grace Under Pressure

4) Power Windows

5) Permanent Waves

6) Hemispheres

7) Hold Your Fire

8) Presto (the most underrated of their entire catalogue! :codger:)

9) A Farewell to Kings

10) Counterparts

11) Roll The Bones

12) Clockwork Angels

13) Fly By Night (IMHO, this is their de facto debut)

14) 2112 (yeah, sorry but....its very overrated :finbar: )

15) Test for Echo

16) Snakes and Arrows

17) Vapor Trails (a handful of good songs ruined by audio compression and lame production decisions, such as no keyboards and no guitar solos (!))

18) Caress of Steel

19) Rush

Edited by mattroland76

F**k it, this shit is fun.

1. Moving Pictures (1981)

2. Permanent Waves (1980)

3. Hemispheres (1978)

4. 2112 (1976)

5. Signals (1982)

6. A Farewell To Kings (1977)

7. Power Windows (1985)

8. Fly By Night (1975)