Filler track on Ozzy's album Blizzard of Ozz?

Texas King

Filler track on Ozzy's album Blizzard of Ozz?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Filler track on Ozzy's album Blizzard of Ozz?

• I Don't Know - song title
    • Crazy Train
    • Goodbye to Romance
    • Dee
    • Suicide Solution
    • Mr Crowley
    • No Bone Movies
    • Revelation (Mother Earth)
    • Steal Away (The Night)
    • None, this is a filler-free album!

My question about Ozzy is:

How come so little of Diary was performed on tour...either with Randy or immediately thereafter? Does anyone know?

I see that they played Over the Mountain, Flying High Again, and Believer, and that was it. The intro to Diary was on the PA for their intro music, but that's it.

They did play Diary of a Madman at one point in 1998 with Joe Holmes on guitar.

Joe Holmes is a freakin awesome guitarist and it is a crime that he never got the chance to record a studio album with Ozzy

• Like 2

How come so little of Diary was performed on tour...either with Randy or immediately thereafter? Does anyone know?

I see that they played Over the Mountain, Flying High Again, and Believer, and that was it. The intro to Diary was on the PA for their intro music, but that's it.

In Rudy Sarzo's book, he said they tried nearly every song from Diary in rehearsals and other than the three they ended up playing, Ozzy just didn't have the range to pull them off live. Even OTM was pretty rough vocally, if you listen to boots. Besides that, much of Diary is more orchestral and accoustic based than Blizzard, so it would've been harder to faithfully reproduce with just 4 musicians on stage. When he finally attempted the song DOAM with the Joe Holmes lineup, it rather paled to the studio version IMO.

• Like 2

Joe Holmes is a freakin awesome guitarist and it is a crime that he never got the chance to record a studio album with Ozzy

Indeed. Of all Ozzy guitarists post Rhoads, Holmes was by far the best at performing his solos (no doubt in part because he was a student of Randy's).

Ozzy really liked working with him too, but from what I've heard, Joe never appearing on a studio record came down to him not being as admired by the woman who carries around Ozzy's balls. :(

In Rudy Sarzo's book, he said they tried nearly every song from Diary in rehearsals and other than the three they ended up playing, Ozzy just didn't have the range to pull them off live. Even OTM was pretty rough vocally, if you listen to boots. Besides that, much of Diary is more orchestral and accoustic based than Blizzard, so it would've been harder to faithfully reproduce with just 4 musicians on stage. When he finally attempted the song DOAM with the Joe Holmes lineup, it rather paled to the studio version IMO.

Great info. Thanks!!!!