Badly Describe a Band's Discography

Union 5-3992

Lets do Asia with a twist. Singer and bass player pretty much off the street.

Implosion after moderate success and personnel changes. The never released second record could be found on Dime a Dozen 20 years later.

Edited by grep

Roughly produced but twin flying V's sound amazing.

More polished but still heavy as f**k. Amazing bassist.

Pseudo-prog heavy. Deep in the politics.

An amazing heavy record even with no bottom end. We really wanted that one guy to produce this, he's forgot he has a bottom end too.

Trying for shorter songs. Not Permanent Waves. Still a classic.

5 years off and we suck.

These are the songs that didn't make the last album. Sucks even more.

When you thought we couldn't suck any more than we already did.

Decent comeback. We think so. Even has a long instrumental. Yeah! Pretty sure someone wrote these songs for us.

Another decent record. Kind of sounds like the old stuff. Someone must've wrote these songs for us too.

Metallica?

I take it Entre doesn’t count Tablellica and counts it as Lou.

An amazing heavy record even with no bottom end. We really wanted that one guy to produce this, he's forgot he has a bottom end too.

5 years off and we suck.

Decent comeback. We think so. Even has a long instrumental. Yeah! Pretty sure someone wrote these songs for us.

Another decent record. Kind of sounds like the old stuff. Someone must've wrote these songs for us too.

Metallica?

Hasn't listened to it more like, lol.

To be fair, at least half the Metallica retrospective lists I've read skim over it as quickly as possible if they acknowledge it at all.

5 years off and we suck.

Metallica?

I forgot all about James being the table in my list LOL.

Edited by grep

5 years off and we suck.

Put this one back on the shelf, or The Table.

Fixed that for myself.

Amazing first record. Made you forget about Randy for 10 minutes.

This is good, but still kind of sounds the same. Getting a little boring already. Randy would have been more interesting with this style.

Live record - meh. Let's try some Hendrix and make it sound like a robot is playing it. A broken robot.

The rest isn't even worth mentioning. It's sounded the same for 35 years. Really makes you miss Randy.

Quiet Riot?

This is good, but still kind of sounds the same. Getting a little boring already. Randy would have been more interesting with this style.

Live record - meh. Let's try some Hendrix and make it sound like a robot is playing it. A broken robot.

The rest isn't even worth mentioning. It's sounded the same for 35 years. Really makes you miss Randy.

Quiet Riot?

No. Interesting guess though.

I make the Randy association only because I could have seen Randy going into this guys style...and would have done it better as a guitar god. No need to play a million notes a second in scalloped frets. No direct Randy connection though.

Edited by grep

One hit and a Velvet Underground cover

A seven minute song is an epic now

Our lead singer left but the record's still good

We hate our manager

Random unreleased recordings

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 1

Debut is done by 1 member who left another band in (another) huff with newly found amazing singer and his average band (minus one of them!)

Get the singer to dump his mates and get some decent musicians in. Let’s do a couple of long jam tracks (and try and sound like Kashmir on one) that end up being classics.

Lets rock more with shorter tracks and still try and sound like Kashmir on one of them.

Oh bugger the amazing singer left because he’s sick of the leader being (allegedly) a bit of a b*****d. This new singer’s good but he keeps cutting his hair! Hang on – we’ve had a couple of hits, what do we do now…

Let’s get a new singer who can keep his hair long and have another hit!

We like these hits – let’s try and repeat the softer format…but with marginal success.

Oh dear – we’ve really gone poppy and bland now. Scraped a marginal hit somehow. Bit of a B*****d leader gets bored and disbands the band.

After 10 odd year hiatus, bit of a B*****d leader wants to do solo album and label pressures him to make it a new album by the band. Leader thinks he’s a scarecrow.

NB:- reports of said person being ‘a bit of a B*****d’ are taken from reports from other band members person has interacted with and are purely conjecture. Although one suspects they cultivate the persona a little bit as well…maybe.

Debut is done by 1 member who left another band in (another) huff with newly found amazing singer and his average band (minus one of them!)

Get the singer to dump his mates and get some decent musicians in. Let’s do a couple of long jam tracks (and try and sound like Kashmir on one) that end up being classics.

Lets rock more with shorter tracks and still try and sound like Kashmir on one of them.

Oh bugger the amazing singer left because he’s sick of the leader being (allegedly) a bit of a b*****d. This new singer’s good but he keeps cutting his hair! Hang on – we’ve had a couple of hits, what do we do now…

We like these hits – let’s try and repeat the softer format…but with marginal success.

Oh dear – we’ve really gone poppy and bland now. Scraped a marginal hit somehow. Bit of a B*****d leader gets bored and disbands the band.

After 10 odd year hiatus, bit of a B*****d leader wants to do solo album and label pressures him to make it a new album by the band. Leader thinks he’s a scarecrow.

NB:- reports of said person being ‘a bit of a B*****d’ are taken from reports from other band members person has interacted with and are purely conjecture. Although one suspects they cultivate the persona a little bit as well…maybe.

Well....I'm not sure...but maybe Rainbow?

• Like 2

Well....I'm not sure...but maybe Rainbow?

Yep. Although I suspect I gave too much away.

Upbeat synth pop.

Founding member leaves to form two successful 80s synth pop band and replaced.

Getting political and experimenting with industrial.

First top 40 hit song in the US.

Going for a darker sound and more industrial sounding than ever even inspiring NIN's debut.

One single has a b side remake of a song about some highway. Lived up to it's title a year later with an iconic Rose Bowl performance.

Biggest selling album to date with 3 US top 40 hits.

Most rock friendly album and darkest with lead singer going for the grunge look and screwing his life up with drugs. Replacement on 2nd album quits a year later.

Lead singer flatlines after overdose and comes back to life a year before follow up.

Every album since previous has the same 4 year gap up to now...should they have a new album this year.

Edited by invisible airwave

Upbeat synth pop.

Founding member leaves to form two successful 80s synth pop band and replaced.

Getting political and experimenting with industrial.

First top 40 hit song in the US.

Going for a darker sound and more industrial sounding than ever even inspiring NIN's debut.

One single has a b side remake of a song about some highway. Lived up to it's title a year later with an iconic Rose Bowl performance.

Biggest selling album to date with 3 US top 40 hits.

Most rock friendly album and darkest with lead singer going for the grunge look and screwing his life up with drugs. Replacement on 2nd album quits a year later.

Lead singer flatlines after overdose and comes back to life a year before follow up.

Every album since previous has the same 4 year gap up to now...should they have a new album this year.

Is this Depeche Mode?

• Like 3

One of the highest selling debut albums ever.

Highest one week selling debut ever all while boycotting MTV and singer makes no secret of hating fame.

Ticketmaster, you just joined MTV! We'll make a weird album and our biggest hit we almost gave to Crissie Hynde!

Credited to someone else who is a huge influence on us because we're his rhythm section.

New drummer who is responsible for the singer getting into the band. Let's alienate our audience with little promotion and ballads.

Lead singer (kind of) lightens up with more radio friendly rock anthem sound ripping off a Zeppelin song and doing an animated music video.

We're gonna alienate the people that love our benefit album throwaway cover by doing our least rocking and darkest album and the lead single is a dirge that's reminiscent of Comfortably Numb! Singer is suffering from writers block and cures it with a new love for ukelele and intentionally ripping off a Who By Numbers ballad. New drummer from a broken up band we're buddies with joins.

Reflecting on 911 and a terrible concert tragedy while revitalizing our career with bootlegs a la Grateful Dead. Paves the way for Dixie Chicks months before by alienating audience with mask of POTUS on stage. Now with bonus member on keyboards.

Free from Epic and now on Clive Davis label with a self titled album. We hate Dubya even more now and the war crimes committed. Best friend who ironically has different politics from me passes away. RIP Johnny Ramone.

Our most upbeat and shortest album as well as our most successful album since the early 90s. Willie Nelson covered our follow up ballad single.

Lead single aside, we're slowly evolving into dad rock.

We're hall of fame inductees now but suicide of old friend of band who was in a band with current drummer plays part in longer than usual album gap.

Highest one week selling debut ever all while boycotting MTV and singer makes no secret of hating fame.

Ticketmaster, you just joined MTV! We'll make a weird album and our biggest hit we almost gave to Crissie Hynde!

Credited to someone else who is a huge influence on us because we're his rhythm section.

New drummer who is responsible for the singer getting into the band. Let's alienate our audience with little promotion and ballads.

Lead singer (kind of) lightens up with more radio friendly rock anthem sound ripping off a Zeppelin song and doing an animated music video.

We're gonna alienate the people that love our benefit album throwaway cover by doing our least rocking and darkest album and the lead single is a dirge that's reminiscent of Comfortably Numb! Singer is suffering from writers block and cures it with a new love for ukelele and intentionally ripping off a Who By Numbers ballad. New drummer from a broken up band we're buddies with joins.

Reflecting on 911 and a terrible concert tragedy while revitalizing our career with bootlegs a la Grateful Dead. Now with bonus member on keyboards.

Free from Epic and now on Clive Davis label with a self titled album. We hate Dubya and the war crimes committed. Best friend who ironically has different politics from me passes away. RIP Johnny Ramone.

Our most upbeat and shortest album as well as our most successful album since the early 90s. Willie Nelson covered our follow up ballad single.

We're hall of fame inductees now but suicide of old friend of band who was in a band with current drummer plays part in longer than usual album gap.

Cub fan Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam

Reflecting on 911 and a terrible concert tragedy while revitalizing our career with bootlegs a la Grateful Dead. Now with bonus member on keyboards.

Free from Epic and now on Clive Davis label with a self titled album. We hate Dubya and the war crimes committed. Best friend who ironically has different politics from me passes away. RIP Johnny Ramone.

Cub fan Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam

Beat me to it. I still have an unused ticket stub from a show they ended up not doing when they were trying to get around Ticketmaster but basically gave up on doing and gave up on the show.

I might add, I truly wish they had succeeded

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

I've got a big hit as replacement singer of hard rock band and now I'm making my debut for my other band I was in before.

You thought the last one was experimental? Wait until you hear this.

Singer of more successful funk band who I feud and copies my stage movements kind of steals my album title and releases it a month before me.

Two decades later and I'm recording my band's old demos with members of Anthrax and Slayer.

I've got a big hit as replacement singer of hard rock band and now I'm making my debut for my other band I was in before.

You thought the last one was experimental? Wait until you hear this.

Singer of more successful funk band who I feud and copies my stage movements kind of steals my album title and releases it a month before me.

Two decades later and I'm recording my band's old demos with members of Anthrax and Slayer.

Mr Bungle?

• Like 1

Helmet esque metal debut on Madonna's record label.

Even heavier album the 2nd time...around.

Critics are calling us the Radiohead of our genre. Our highest selling and most loved album.

Self titled and we really mean it when we say we're not like Bizkit and their clones and more like our post punk influences.

Mixed bag of an album with an electronic song that fans call their worst for it's filthy lyrics by the female guest vocalist. Last with the bassist.

Bassist is in coma and we scrapped an unfinished album called Eros so we're starting from scratch.

Japanese for premonition of love

Creative tension from the guitarist as Meshuggah to the singer's Morrissey. New bassist permanent since original bassist died in 2013

Return to our shoegaze alt metal sound. Pity our guitarist is a flat earther moron of late.

Helmet esque metal debut on Madonna's record label.

Even heavier album the 2nd time...around.

Critics are calling us the Radiohead of our genre. Our highest selling and most loved album.

Self titled and we really mean it when we say we're not like Bizkit and their clones and more like our post punk influences.

Mixed bag of an album with an electronic song that fans call their worst for it's filthy lyrics by the female guest vocalist. Last with the bassist.

Bassist is in coma and we scrapped an unfinished album called Eros so we're starting from scratch.

Japanese for premonition of love

Creative tension from the guitarist as Meshuggah to the singer's Morrissey. New bassist permanent since original bassist died in 2013

Return to our shoegaze alt metal sound. Pity our guitarist is a flat earther moron of late.

Deftones

Cover of a Bob Dylan song from Desire

The style

I can tell that we are gonna be ex spouses fooling those to believe we're brother and sister.

Most iconic riff of the new millennium.

Rita Hayworth

Steady as I go into my new side project a year before, I break up the band but you'll be hearing more from me to this day.

• Like 1

Cover of a Bob Dylan song from Desire

The style

I can tell that we are gonna be ex spouses fooling those to believe we're brother and sister.

Most iconic riff of the new millennium.

Rita Hayworth

Steady as I go into my new side project a year before, I break up the band but you'll be hearing more from me to this day.

White Stripes

I'm pissed off my old band kicked me to the curb

• Like 2

Megadeth?

• Like 2

For the record, this is Yngwie Malmsteen.