Look what I found!

Rod in Toronto

I know this thread will soon be flooded with tickets from the Down the Tubes Tour, but let me show you this ticket stub I found - it´s from their second ever show in Brazil, and their biggest crowd ever, until this record was beaten in Quebec in R40. I was there in São Paulo that night, and it ran like hell, especially during the second half:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/Capture_zpsieep4fpt.jpg

I think the overall attendance was around 60,000. The ticket cost me around $100, and it was a fortune back then!!! I lived in Rio, and had to lie to my then manager - I told him I had a wedding in São Paulo and was going to be the best man, so that I could skip this day at work. That was my first Rush concert, and a memory I will treasure forever!

• Like 21

This isn't my ticket stub, but it is from my first Rush show.

http://www.test4echo.net/images/Stub/Stub_2-25-79.jpg

Cool stuff, man!!!

It's pretty incredible how much the world has changed. Your ticket cost about 12.5 x as much as mine and Rush's São Paulo audience was about 30 x as big as Austin's.

• Like 1

Ticket prices in BRazil have skyrocketed in recent years due to the 50% discount that students get. This is valid even if you´re enrolled in a Language course, a long term private course etc. As a result, thoise of us that do not have this concession have no option but to cover the difference.

I wish I still had the ticket stub from my first concert which was December 1978, Hemispheres, but they took it. Didn't rip it in half or anything just took it. I was so pissed.

I know this thread will soon be flooded with tickets from the Down the Tubes Tour, but let me show you this ticket stub I found - it´s from their second ever show in Brazil, and their biggest crowd ever, until this record was beaten in Quebec in R40. I was there in São Paulo that night, and it ran like hell, especially during the second half:

I think the overall attendance was around 60,000. The ticket cost me around $100, and it was a fortune back then!!! I lived in Rio, and had to lie to my then manager - I told him I had a wedding in São Paulo and was going to be the best man, so that I could skip this day at work. That was my first Rush concert, and a memory I will treasure forever!

:rush: A m a z i n g ! ! :rush:

:clap:

• Like 1

I wish I still had the ticket stub from my first concert which was December 1978, Hemispheres, but they took it. Didn't rip it in half or anything just took it. I was so pissed.

Mine got lost in the Gulf of Mexico in the mid 80s, along with my wallet.

Mine got lost in the Gulf of Mexico in the mid 80s, along with my wallet.

At least you got to keep it for a little while.

• Like 2

I found it while getting rid of a bunch of papers around the house, since we're getting ready to move out in a few months. I have yet to find the crown jewel of my ticket stubs: the one for Rush in Rio!

Beaten in Quebec on R40? Do you mean the Montreal show?

I guess so... Isn't that their biggest crowd ever?

Is it true that when Rush went back to Brazil (for R30?) the crowds were significantly smaller? I wonder if ticket prices were much higher?

They came back on the Time Machine Tour for smaller but equally fanatic crowds. And they had an offer on the table to return for R40, but Neil said no...

I'm not sure. I was there and it just seemed to be a typical indoor sports arena. Probably around 15,000 for a sold out concert.

Montreal is in Quebec, so think of the dialogue like this:

"The Oregon show was bigger than the Denver one."

"The Oregon show? Do you mean the Portland show?"

I know Montreal is in Quebec. I attended the R40 show there. But I appreciate the clarification all the same.

I know Montreal is in Quebec. I attended the R40 show there. But I appreciate the clarification all the same.

So I'm thinking you're talking about when they played in Quebec City on the Time Machine tour in 2010 at the Plains of Abraham...~90K

Nothing will ever beat those South American shows for pure unadulterated passion.

I've been to some amazing shows. Hartford 2002 being my favorite but how cool is it to have that many people in South America into a Rush show....

• Like 1