It's been over a year and I still don't know how to cope

TemplesofLamneth

Honestly, I had no idea who the mods were here; I saw you were after I did that (I don't always pay attention to the titles underneath the avatars). Besides, if ever posts need to be reported, it was those.

I am still wondering what is considered ban-worthy around here. Looks like I can tell someone to f**k off and it's okay so long as I apologize, but how much further can I take it? ;)

• Like 1

Honestly, I had no idea who the mods were here; I saw you were after I did that (I don't always pay attention to the titles underneath the avatars). Besides, if ever posts need to be reported, it was those.

I am still wondering what is considered ban-worthy around here. Looks like I can tell someone to f**k off and it's okay so long as I apologize, but how much further can I take it? ;)

^^^^ More good posting

Fair enough.

See, that's where length of service comes into it. RUSHHEAD has always been a colorful character in the 11 years he's been here, often lacing his posts with (censored) F-bombs, but it's rare (as far as I've seen) that he directs those bombs at other members in an insulting manner. He's shown enough good will towards people here that a bad incident like this will not get him banned -- because he's been here for 11 years and we know him well enough to give the benefit of the doubt. But we do expect an apology from him, and if he were to continue to insult other members then action would have to be taken. But he's shown no tendencies of being that kind of person in all the years he's been here.

If someone joins here and immediately starts lacing into people, we have no history of good behavior to go by -- all we see of that person is insults. That's trollish behavior and that type of person wouldn't give us any reason to keep them around.

Do you see the difference there?

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 2

Fair enough.

See, that's where length of service comes into it. RUSHHEAD has always been a colorful character in the 11 years he's been here, often lacing his posts with (censored) F-bombs, but it's rare (as far as I've seen) that he directs those bombs at other members in an insulting manner. He's shown enough good will towards people here that a bad incident like this will not get him banned -- because he's been here for 11 years and we know him well enough to give the benefit of the doubt. But we do expect an apology from him, and if he were to continue to insult other members then action would have to be taken. But he's shown no tendencies of being that kind of person in all the years he's been here.

If someone joins here and immediately starts lacing into people, we have no history of good behavior to go by -- all we see of that person is insults. That's trollish behavior and that type of person wouldn't give us any reason to keep them around.

Of course. Benefit of the doubt will always be given to those you know more and who have an established good rep. However, it goes without saying that some will abuse that good will and take it too far since they have a lot more rope than others.

But where does that leave me, who has been here for nearly 11 years and has no warning points and no bad behavior to speak of? :P Note: I have no intention of actually cursing someone out because they had the nerve to say something I didn't agree with; that is not my nature (I have posted at multiple boards over the years and have never been perm-banned at any of them, and I think only a few temp-bans). Just genuinely curious what the standard is. :)

• Like 1

Fair enough.

Of course. Benefit of the doubt will always be given to those you know more and who have an established good rep. However, it goes without saying that some will abuse that good will and take it too far since they have a lot more rope than others.

But where does that leave me, who has been here for nearly 11 years and has no warning points and no bad behavior to speak of? :P Note: I have no intention of actually cursing someone out because they had the nerve to say something I didn't agree with; that is not my nature (I have posted at multiple boards over the years and have never been perm-banned at any of them, and I think only a few temp-bans). Just genuinely curious what the standard is. :)

Nobody has ever received a warning point here. Here, check this out.

Fair enough, but my point still stands. :popcorn:

Anyway, carry on. :haz:

If you have a history of being a good member, an uncharacteristic bad incident won't get you banned, but you will be expected to make things right. However, if a once good member suddenly goes bad with repeated personal attacks on other members -- I'm talking over a stretch of time, not in one thread over a couple of days -- then their good history goes out the window and they will be treated accordingly. RUSHHEAD is not at that point -- his bad incidents are few and far between in his 11 years here.

Fair enough.

I am issuing an apology to the two forum members in which I directed a "F OFF" comment. So I sincerely apologize for my vulgar display of profanity. The constant comments of being labeled a "drug addict" or a "narcissist" pushed me over the edge a few nights ago. I am so sick of being labeled these awful words. It's not me at all. Just because I write with passion, caps on and swear doesn't mean I'm some mental nutcase. It's not just Eagle, it's been going on for 11 years. It's a very small percentage of forum members who have been ripping me over the years, but alas it does get under my skin. Some humans know how to push my buttons on here and hence it ignites my short fuse.

So on that note I will do my best to not attack forum members who like to fire off personal insults to me first.

I will try and not fire back petty insults.

I will never change the way I type and write on here unless 73 says so. 73 is a very fair and balanced Admin.

I am sure there is a "Witch Hunt" on here now to get me banned!

That's up to 73.

As for all of you Rushhead Haters are concerned?

HAVE A NICE DAY!

• Like 2

Fair enough.

I am issuing an apology to the two forum members in which I directed a "F OFF" comment. So I sincerely apologize for my vulgar display of profanity. The constant comments of being labeled a "drug addict" or a "narcissist" pushed me over the edge a few nights ago. I am so sick of being labeled these awful words. It's not me at all. Just because I write with passion, caps on and swear doesn't mean I'm some mental nutcase. It's not just Eagle, it's been going on for 11 years. It's a very small percentage of forum members who have been ripping me over the years, but alas it does get under my skin. Some humans know how to push my buttons on here and hence it ignites my short fuse.

So on that note I will do my best to not attack forum members who like to fire off personal insults to me first.

I will never change the way I type and write on here unless 73 says so. 73 is a very fair and balanced Admin.

That's up to 73.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Nice of you to say. But I've never had any interaction with you, positive or negative. That's what makes my "F-off" hard to understand.

Oh well. It's all good.

Fair enough.

That's up to 73.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Nice of you to say. But I've never had any interaction with you, positive or negative. That's what makes my "F-off" hard to understand.

Oh well. It's all good.

I know! I am very sorry! I overreacted. I saw that you "liked" her comment to me about the drug thing so I immaturely included you in my stupid outburst.

Forgive me.

Fair enough.

That's up to 73.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

All I have to say to you is.

ROCK 'N ROLL SUX!

JAZZ is the music of the PEOPLE!

Go Lynch yourself. Suicide? Hell no, that shit ain't funny.

George Lynch? YOU WISH!

JOHN LYNCH BABY! MAKE THE BAY GREAT AGAIN! 49ers Super Bowl collision course. BOOK IT STUGOTZ!

Barbasol, Vicodin, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

JAZZ is so great Neil Peart wishes he could go back 40 years and be a great drummer.

Terry Bozzio

My hot water is done, my customers want tea. FUKK EM DRINK COFFE!

You like DON DOKKEN in tight Levi jeans???

Levi Stadium BEE-OTCH

• Like 1

Not a fan of Public Enemy. They ruined fun rap. "FEAR OF A BLACK PLANET?

The nerd white Steven Wilson counters years later with "Fear Of A Blank Planet!" STOOPID! Like some wanker's screen name on this forum.

When I flew down to see RUSH get into the Hall in LA I had to stand there for over an hour watching those ass clowns take up so much time.

Of course the version you saw on TV was totally edited down.

I was embarrassed by Public Enema Of The State.

Blink 182?

Public Enemy is a disgrace.

They are not pioneers.

They are shit. Flavor Flav Of Shite.

Give me Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, RUN DMC, WHODINI, early LL COOL J and of course the greatness of The Beastie Boys!

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

"Sophisticated bitch......."

"My 98' Oldsmobile........"

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

I agree very much with your sentiment about how Rap music has been corrupted and bastardised.

The pioneers you quote - Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang etc in the 80's all had a message of love and tolerance and for the people who are disadvantaged to all come together and fight against the oppressors in the same way that Bob Marley and the Reggae movement preached love and togetherness.

In recent years it just seems to be some sort of aggressive thing that white middle class kids can cotton on to be a bit "rebellious" until they go through college and then become real estate agents or hedge fund managers. It bears no resemblance to the original ethos of the rap artists of the early 80's.

"smack my bitch up" degrades woman

"kill the batty boy" about homosexuality

It is pretty disgusting. In recent years we have even had "white rappers" jumping on the bandwagon like Vanilla Ice who claimed to be from "The Hood" when in fact he was just a pathetic idiot who had a middle class upbringing and the ubiquitous Eminem or Slim Shady or whatever he calls himself now. However I believe Marshall Mathers was as much of a parody of Rap music as Spinal Tap was of Rock music. But stupid "fashionable white middle class kids" took the bait.

It is a shame that the original message was corrupted in this way, in my humble opinion.

Just my opinion.

Rap music was never meant to be about guns, misogyny or homophobia, which sadly is what is became :|

• Like 1

Fair enough.

Well Admin I certainly see your point

I did act badly but I tried to resolve things. Now I feel that I am able to make a valid point but never wishing to overtly offend anyone

Back when I was 16 (now in my 40's) and growing up in Australia, Rush were almost mythical. You would see them in music and guitar magazines, but finding albums in record stores was like finding rocking horse shite. Only rarer lol.

For some time the only Rush I had was ASOH on VHS and listening to a relatives Permanent Waves LP.

Over the years I acquired all the vinyls (original pressings) up to Hold Your Fire (excluding the debut). I have everything else on CD plus the live DVDs. I lived Rush. But being in Australia I resigned myself to the idea that they would never tour Australia.

Fast forward to 2012. Rush are touring Clockwork Angels. And I have the funds to go see them in Anaheim. Needless to say, the experience of my first Rush concert was mind blowing. I honestly never thought I'd see the day I saw Rush live.

Fast forward to 25 July 2015 - Rush R40 at MGM Grand Las Vegas. The MGM is bristling with the energy. The show was flawless and from where I was standing (on the first riser) the crowd stayed on their feet the entire show in appreciation.The concert ends. I'm overjoyed and my mind is buzzing.

But surely this is the end of The Band With No Equals. I walk out of the MGM Grand with my wife. And think back to that 16 year old hearing Freewill for the first time

Holy shit what an amazing band to have had in my life.

• Like 9

Back when I was 16 (now in my 40's) and growing up in Australia, Rush were almost mythical. You would see them in music and guitar magazines, but finding albums in record stores was like finding rocking horse shite. Only rarer lol.

For some time the only Rush I had was ASOH on VHS and listening to a relatives Permanent Waves LP.

Over the years I acquired all the vinyls (original pressings) up to Hold Your Fire (excluding the debut). I have everything else on CD plus the live DVDs. I lived Rush. But being in Australia I resigned myself to the idea that they would never tour Australia.

Fast forward to 2012. Rush are touring Clockwork Angels. And I have the funds to go see them in Anaheim. Needless to say, the experience of my first Rush concert was mind blowing. I honestly never thought I'd see the day I saw Rush live.

Fast forward to 25 July 2015 - Rush R40 at MGM Grand Las Vegas. The MGM is bristling with the energy. The show was flawless and from where I was standing (on the first riser) the crowd stayed on their feet the entire show in appreciation.The concert ends. I'm overjoyed and my mind is buzzing.

But surely this is the end of The Band With No Equals. I walk out of the MGM Grand with my wife. And think back to that 16 year old hearing Freewill for the first time

great post thirteen

• Like 3

Amen brother! I bet you had goosebumps walking out of the show too!

Excellent post.

The nerd white Steven Wilson counters years later with "Fear Of A Blank Planet!" STOOPID! Like some wanker's screen name on this forum.

When I flew down to see RUSH get into the Hall in LA I had to stand there for over an hour watching those ass clowns take up so much time.

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

Give me Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, RUN DMC, WHODINI, early LL COOL J and of course the greatness of The Beastie Boys!

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

I agree very much with your sentiment about how Rap music has been corrupted and bastardised.

The pioneers you quote - Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang etc in the 80's all had a message of love and tolerance and for the people who are disadvantaged to all come together and fight against the oppressors in the same way that Bob Marley and the Reggae movement preached love and togetherness.

In recent years it just seems to be some sort of aggressive thing that white middle class kids can cotton on to be a bit "rebellious" until they go through college and then become real estate agents or hedge fund managers. It bears no resemblance to the original ethos of the rap artists of the early 80's.

It is pretty disgusting. In recent years we have even had "white rappers" jumping on the bandwagon like Vanilla Ice who claimed to be from "The Hood" when in fact he was just a pathetic idiot who had a middle class upbringing and the ubiquitous Eminem or Slim Shady or whatever he calls himself now. However I believe Marshall Mathers was as much of a parody of Rap music as Spinal Tap was of Rock music. But stupid "fashionable white middle class kids" took the bait.

It is a shame that the original message was corrupted in this way, in my humble opinion.

Just my opinion.

Rap music was never meant to be about guns, misogyny or homophobia, which sadly is what is became :|

Your reference to vanilla ice being from "recent years" is laughable. Check a calendar. Even Eminem is considered old by hip hop fans at this point. It's important to remember your parents reaction to your music and their parents reaction to theirs. Hip hop hasn't been primarily aggressive or gangsta in many years.

Amen. I hadn't seen them since Roll the Bones which was great for me because Primus opened and I loved them at the time almost as much as Loved Rush. Ffwd 14 years and I got my next chance to see them in R40 at the venue which I had graduated High School (Concord, Ca). I sat out there on the lawn and wept openly when they played Subdivisions. Rush will always be that band for me. Rhe highs and lows of life they reflect back at you. Neil always said that hes like a mirror....right to rhe heart of the matter.

Aproaching the unreal...thats Rush.

And this is Rush too...

http://youtu.be/gfjQ_EF_8U0

• Like 1

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Your reference to vanilla ice being from "recent years" is laughable. Check a calendar. Even Eminem is considered old by hip hop fans at this point. It's important to remember your parents reaction to your music and their parents reaction to theirs. Hip hop hasn't been primarily aggressive or gangsta in many years.

Yeah and smack my bitch up was by Prodigy a 90's English trip hop group. Eminem was never a parody. Maybe he became a self parody but that's a whole nother ballgame.

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

But I am OLD!!!!

Well maybe it is not aggressive or gangsta anymore but perhaps it has just become bland and crap. Like R&B, when I was young R&B was stuff like Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Jackie Wilson, Teddy Pendergrass, Curtis Mayfield etc not this bland garbage that they churn out now

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Well my dad got me into The Who. Hip Hop is rubbish, can you name one hip hop track that will be remembered as a classic?

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Yeah and smack my bitch up was by Prodigy a 90's English trip hop group. Eminem was never a parody. Maybe he became a self parody but that's a whole nother ballgame.

Still Waiting for the Hip Hop legendary song?

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Still waiting

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Well my dad got me into The Who. Hip Hop is rubbish, can you name one hip hop track that will be remembered as a classic?

Gangstas Paradise

• Like 1