It's been over a year and I still don't know how to cope

TemplesofLamneth

And Mr JD you can FUKK OFF TOO!

You're unique posting style is part of why you're well-liked around here, but do you think you're getting a little too worked up here? Was that post really necessary?

I'd ask the same thing about the one that preceded it, too.

Agreed. I'm not sure what I did. I've NEVER had any type of interaction with him before. No big deal though. I skip over 99% of his posts anyway. To much BS for me.

I hope they get bored and do something once in a while just to say hello. I feel like one of my friends have moved far away.
  • Like 1

You're unique posting style is part of why you're well-liked around here, but do you think you're getting a little too worked up here? Was that post really necessary?

Agreed. I'm not sure what I did. I've NEVER had any type of interaction with him before. No big deal though. I skip over 99% of his posts anyway. To much BS for me.

Alright you guys, whatever, I called him out, yes?

• Like 1

Not really. I've been a fan since 1991 and they are still my favorite band ever, but there is so much good music being put out these days that it is easy to focus on that. Rush went on for much longer than I thought they would; I won't be greedy as to want or expect more gravy, when they gave us mounds more than we thought we'd ever get.

I think what he said to me was worse.

• Like 3

Honestly, No. I do wish I could get ONE more chance to see them but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm 43. I hope the company I work for doesn't go under and my family continues to stay relatively healthy and unharmed.

I have f***ing real life concerns.

and I don't know what gets into Earl sometimes.

Don't worry so much about what other people do. Live your f***ing life and don't eat the brown acid thats going around. Some kids out there are having some bad trips.

Do I really need to defend the honor of each of you individually? Are you guys really trying to one-up each other over who's been insulted more? I picked a shitty post from him and called him out. I guess that's not enough?

Do I really need to defend the honor of each of you individually? Are you guys really trying to one-up each other over who's been insulted more? I picked a shitty post from him and called him out. I guess that's not enough?

Well I for one am really upset about this.

I think I should be given special consideration here.

I deserve to be insulted just as much as Moon does.

You've got to laugh at these recent arguments on here of late. it's like someone released a pheromone that makes everybody mad at each other, like that episode of Star Trek where Sulu goes nuts with a sword! :LOL:

Yeah I don't get it.

Wow. Nevermind then.

I must say the quality of the flame wars has vastly improved from when I first found this site 10 years ago. Back then you could get banned for almost nothing.It was Rudy-esque. Nice to see the place has loosened up a bit.

Treeduck disemboweled a couple of TRFers not too long ago for saying he's not a true metal fan. He then used their innards as a necklace. He ended up only getting a warning.

True story.

• Like 2

I must say the quality of the flame wars has vastly improved from when I first found this site 10 years ago. Back then you could get banned for almost nothing.It was Rudy-esque. Nice to see the place has loosened up a bit.

Treeduck disemboweled a couple of TRFers not too long ago for saying he's not a true metal fan. He then used their innards as a necklace. He ended up only getting a warning.

True story.

I know.......he did it with a rusty spoon.

'twas truly a terrible sight.

• Like 1

From him or the person he quoted?

I thought it was fairly evident which one I was referring to- the one directed at Eagle.

That RUSHHEAD666 is well-liked around here is an arguable point. I think he may be well-liked among a finite group of high-profile members/posters on the forum. And yes, to your point, you did call to his attention that he was getting out of line. I do think it warrants a little more than in effect saying, "Now, calm down a little bit"...but that's just my opinion. I'm not running the show.

What it comes down to is it makes people who don't lose control of their anger or other emotions, and who don't lash out at others, and wouldn't even dream of it, feel like posting less- and even hanging around here less often. I've always been of the opinion that one doesn't shirk away from opinions and attitudes that he or she doesn't agree with. Especially in a community (online or otherwise) where conventional wisdom and popular opinion are ever-evolving, it's equally important for all voices to be valued. And what we post here is a reflection of ourselves. I'll just leave it at that.

And I'll descend from my soapbox now, sorry.

• Like 4

I thought it was fairly evident which one I was referring to- the one directed at Eagle.

That RUSHHEAD666 is well-liked around here is an arguable point. I think he may be well-liked among a finite group of high-profile members/posters on the forum. And yes, to your point, you did call to his attention that he was getting out of line. I do think it warrants a little more than in effect saying, "Now, calm down a little bit"...but that's just my opinion. I'm not running the show.

What it comes down to is it makes people who don't lose control of their anger or other emotions, and who don't lash out at others, and wouldn't even dream of it, feel like posting less- and even hanging around here less often. I've always been of the opinion that one doesn't shirk away from opinions and attitudes that he or she doesn't agree with. Especially in a community (online or otherwise) where conventional wisdom and popular opinion are ever-evolving, it's equally important for all voices to be valued. And what we post here is a reflection of ourselves. I'll just leave it at that.

I totally agree. No one will care what I say, since I have like 500 posts in 10 years and no one knows or cares who I am (see: no forum credibility LOL), but people like that rushhead guy are one of the reasons I rarely come here. Reading his bipolar rants, which take over seemingly every thread, gets really tiresome and there are still other forums out there where I can talk music without the high annoyance factor. And I am pretty sure if my 500 posts and I told someone to f**k off in consecutive posts, I'd get more than a verbal slap on the wrist, but no one ever said modding on an internet forum was created equal. ;)

• Like 2

I totally agree. No one will care what I say, since I have like 500 posts in 10 years and no one knows or cares who I am (see: no forum credibility LOL), but people like that rushhead guy are one of the reasons I rarely come here. Reading his bipolar rants, which take over seemingly every thread, gets really tiresome and there are still other forums out there where I can talk music without the high annoyance factor. And I am pretty sure if my 500 posts and I told someone to f**k off in consecutive posts, I'd get more than a verbal slap on the wrist, but no one ever said modding on an internet forum was created equal. ;)

How long you've been here or how often you post should have no bearing on whether or not your attacked personally. He was asked to stop though and we don't know what may have been said via pm. I am disappointed that I haven't seen an apology.

• Like 1

^^^^ EXCELLENT POSTING!

How long you've been here or how often you post should have no bearing on whether or not your attacked personally. He was asked to stop though and we don't know what may have been said via pm. I am disappointed that I haven't seen an apology.

And I'm sure you won't see an apology unless it contains an F-bomb.

This place has loosened up, yes, but it was never Rudy-esque here. Never. People from other communities liked to think that only because this place had SOME level of moderation compared to what they were used to. I mean, c'mon, we've never banned entire sections of the internet.

• Like 1

And I'm sure you won't see an apology unless it contains an F-bomb.

Actually, Earl is the type of person who will apologize. He's done it before, and I'll see to it that he does so here.

And K Man, your opinion counts as much as anybody's. Though I will say that it was unnecessary to report two of RUSHHEAD's posts after I've publicly called him out.