It's been over a year and I still don't know how to cope

TemplesofLamneth

"People living in competition... all I want is to find my peace of mind."

I have found it.

I am blessed.

Time for some "Piece Of Mind" before bed.

Signed,

IRON MAiDEN

AT least they still tour.

Can't wait for July 5th!!!

I was actually astonished at Bruce. His voice hasn't changed since the 80s. Watching him spring from one end of the stage to the other, climb onto a set piece, sprint across said set piece and jump in the air, hitting the ground 4 feet under him like it's nothing.

Makes me wonder if Neil was really in so much pain or if his feeling of contentment concerning CA and passion for writing convinced him to move on.

• Like 1

I was actually astonished at Bruce. His voice hasn't changed since the 80s. Watching him spring from one end of the stage to the other, climb onto a set piece, sprint across said set piece and jump in the air, hitting the ground 4 feet under him like it's nothing.

Makes me wonder if Neil was really in so much pain or if his feeling of contentment concerning CA and passion for writing convinced him to move on.

I know we are strangers but you get it my friend.

Absolutely.

I am a Paul fan first over Bruce but I agree with you about Dickinson's voice. It's Legendary and Eternal.

There is no doubt in my soul that Neil had to move on.

There are a lot of babies on this Forum so beware. I think you are smart and actually have something intellectual to say.

Neil had to move on. He is overweight. Loves his cigarettes and his booze on the Santa Monica Pier.

He has every right to do what he wants.

"Freewill"

Don't listen to all of the panty whiners on this forum. There is so much drama on here that you don't need to waste your time with.

Take it from me.

I've been on here for over 11 years and I never should have joined this Limelight Labyrinth.

It is what it is.

Personally I thought Neil was going to retire and be a family man. Be with his wife and Olivia and be a father.

But then I see he is always on his bike.

That is really selfish.

People on here call me selfish and an EGOIST yet I have raised my daughters to be AWESOME!

I am nothing in social media.

I simply love RUSH, but I am ridiculed for my random Rush rants.

Love it.

Good luck to you TL.

You seem like a good egg.

There is a lot of bullying on here.

Just stay true with your passion with RUSH and you shall prevail.

I am tired.

Goodnight.

I've been waiting waiting for the return of Goobs for god knows how long. I know the pain, friend.

:LOL:

80% of TRF wont know what you're talking about. 25% of that remaining 20% will think you're crazy. :LOL:

I'd put the chances of Goobs returning the same as all 3 Rush members making a new album together again.

Nothing is ever impossible but sometimes it might as well be.

Put me in that 25%. :LOL:

Guess I'm in that 25% too. :) I don't know what brought about his exit, but I doubt he'd come back.

Maybe the 80+ pages of this thread

http://www.therushfo...ber prediction

I don't remember that thread. Looks like a lot of nonsense though.

And goes to show that nothing ever changes around here.

Same old same old.

Earl, as a longtime member yourself, you KNOW this board is NOT how it was 10 years ago. It's still TRF but it's not the same.

Rush in the 70s, Rush in the 80s...same band, different mood & vibe. Which is better is up to the listener.

TRF 10 years ago, TRF now. Same board, different mood & vibe. Which is better is up to the member.

It's not the "same old same old" and things absolutely do change.

No Circumstances lyrics necessary because they're ineffective in this case. ;)

• Like 1

Tell ya what i wasn't kanye west's biggest fan till i saw him at glastonbury england a couple years ago was brilliant a truly avant garde performer. And the bay city rollers were bigger than the beatles in uk in their day no kiddin if talking about impact

Bruce Dickinson spent an entire career doing vocal exercises, meticulous warm-ups and taking care of his voice in every conceivable manner. With proper care one can have very few repercussions from a lifetime of singing. Geddy never did any of that and by his own admission spent a great deal of the 70s & 80s screaming out vocal melodies. That kind of stuff does do damage, especially when you don't take the extra care before the show to warm up properly. Not that Geddy was ever close to Bruce Dickinson in terms of singing ability, but the wear and tear is certainly manifesting itself a lot more on Geddy because of the way he treated his vocal chords for all those years.

I've been a fan since 1992 or so when RTB was the new album at the time and I was getting into the band. I'm ambivalent about them being finished. Not happy but not shattered by it. First, I don't think their material since VT...actually going farther back to TFE... with the exception of a few songs here and there was nearly as good as before. Add in the Geddy's voice being worn out and not getting better anytime soon factor and that we've had *6* tours since 2002 and the resulting Blurays and DVDs and soundtracks and the documentary and re-releases etc etc etc...its been Rush overload for the last decade and a half for me and I'm satisfied. They stopped at a breaking point. Could you imagine if they played a show that had to be ended early because Neil couldn't continue or Alex or Geddys voice was SO BAD they started getting booed? That would be a fans worst nightmare
  • Like 2

I was convinced for some reason at the time that Vapor Trails was going to be the end. Boy was I wrong lol

I was convinced Hold Your Fire tour was the end. Then again after the Test For Echo tour. Then absolutely after Peart's daughter and wife passed away. I'm 0-3!!! :LOL:

I've been a fan since 1992 or so when RTB was the new album at the time and I was getting into the band. I'm ambivalent about them being finished. Not happy but not shattered by it. First, I don't think their material since VT...actually going farther back to TFE... with the exception of a few songs here and there was nearly as good as before. Add in the Geddy's voice being worn out and not getting better anytime soon factor and that we've had *6* tours since 2002 and the resulting Blurays and DVDs and soundtracks and the documentary and re-releases etc etc etc...its been Rush overload for the last decade and a half for me and I'm satisfied. They stopped at a breaking point. Could you imagine if they played a show that had to be ended early because Neil couldn't continue or Alex or Geddys voice was SO BAD they started getting booed? That would be a fans worst nightmare

Exactly. Which very well could've happened.

Exactly. Which very well could've happened.

I don't/didn't feel overloaded with Rush but I agree with the comments on Geddy's voice and possible tour cancellations

Seems silly now 30 years on but HYF, at least for a short while, was discussed within the band as the possible end because they were burned out by the long tour for the album plus musically they weren't sure where to go after that album. They took a long break (by their standards at the time) and reset themselves with Presto
  • Like 1

I've been waiting waiting for the return of Goobs for god knows how long. I know the pain, friend.

:LOL:

80% of TRF wont know what you're talking about. 25% of that remaining 20% will think you're crazy. :LOL:

I'd put the chances of Goobs returning the same as all 3 Rush members making a new album together again.

Nothing is ever impossible but sometimes it might as well be.

Put me in that 25%. :LOL:

Guess I'm in that 25% too. :) I don't know what brought about his exit, but I doubt he'd come back.

Maybe the 80+ pages of this thread

http://www.therushfo...ber prediction

I don't remember that thread. Looks like a lot of nonsense though.

And goes to show that nothing ever changes around here.

Same old same old.

Earl, as a longtime member yourself, you KNOW this board is NOT how it was 10 years ago. It's still TRF but it's not the same.

Rush in the 70s, Rush in the 80s...same band, different mood & vibe. Which is better is up to the listener.

TRF 10 years ago, TRF now. Same board, different mood & vibe. Which is better is up to the member.

It's not the "same old same old" and things absolutely do change.

No Circumstances lyrics necessary because they're ineffective in this case. ;)

Ok my friend. FAIR.

I get it.

You are right man.

I will try to chill and go with the flow........

• Like 1