It's been over a year and I still don't know how to cope

TemplesofLamneth

As a new member of this forum, frankly I'm afraid to post anything about some topics because there are so many negative and judgmental folks here who pounce on anything they don't agree with and shoot it down, and brutally. No allowance taken on someone having a different opinion or different starting point. And you all seem to know each other and say well, that's so-and-so for you. I have really strong feelings about some Rush-related topics but I'm afraid to put them down for either being shot down or killing the discussion such as it is. And do you guys know how tiresome it is to scroll through pages of long quoted posts attached to enormous sig files, just to find out that the response was "Me too" or "that was 1976 not 1975". It's like this place is a private party and strangers are not welcomed or told the rules.

My two cents.

You have strong feelings aboot :rush: topics? Post up. Sometimes people pick at opinions just to see how strongly you believe them. I think we mostly as community pounce on bullies so please engage in conversation. Don't take the written word too seriously we clown around.

As for your taste in automobiles based on your avatar...lame.

I remember when the threads in here started by men! And all the replies were strong statements. What have we come to? :boohoo:

Gender roles are overrated...

As a new member of this forum, frankly I'm afraid to post anything about some topics because there are so many negative and judgmental folks here who pounce on anything they don't agree with and shoot it down, and brutally. No allowance taken on someone having a different opinion or different starting point. And you all seem to know each other and say well, that's so-and-so for you. I have really strong feelings about some Rush-related topics but I'm afraid to put them down for either being shot down or killing the discussion such as it is. And do you guys know how tiresome it is to scroll through pages of long quoted posts attached to enormous sig files, just to find out that the response was "Me too" or "that was 1976 not 1975". It's like this place is a private party and strangers are not welcomed or told the rules.

My two cents.

You have strong feelings aboot :rush: topics? Post up. Sometimes people pick at opinions just to see how strongly you believe them. I think we mostly as community pounce on bullies so please engage in conversation. Don't take the written word too seriously we clown around.

As for your taste in automobiles based on your avatar...lame.

I agree. Post what you would like as long as you're not nasty about it people will generally listen to what you have to say. There is a lot of teasing that goes on here so you have to be able to realize what's teasing and what's serious. Also you can turn off the signatures in the settings.

• Like 1

My two cents.

I understand your post, I am relatively new here and got a bit drunk one night and posted a few threads which were not nice and I was an arsehole. I deservedly got a good verbal kicking from people. But now I am cool with all of that, I have a good vibe now, learned my lesson and I think I get on well with nearly all now.

This site is full of good people of very different views and personalities, but there is a lot of piss taking and banter. Best thing that I have learned in my short time here is if you live by the sword then you have to die by it. By that I mean then yes it is fine to post strongly held opinions and comments, that is what we want. Just be thick skinned enough to take the flak that comes back. It took me a while dude.

Best Regards and I hope this helps

And PS - don't listen to the one who slagged off your Avatar. The 365 GTB is a classic!! Or is it a 512?

• Like 1

:eyeroll: :facepalm:

Through out all my years of listening to music I find it apparently clear that no musical genre sucks. All genres contain good music and bad music, the only two genres that truly count. As for Kanye West, his personality might be less than appealing (a trait very common in music), but his music has left an impact, both positive and negative, like all vital artists. Not liking something can be different than thinking it sucks.

For f***s sake man - The Bay City Rollers left an impact, stop being so diplomatic. Kane West has no musical relevance or ability whatsoever. At least the Sex Pistols wrote a couple of songs. It is the Cult of Personality that stupid people fall for

I can only shake my head at this type of post. Honestly, I don't know how one can look back on the last 20 years of music and say that Kanye West has no musical relevance or ability. Whatever. And the judgemental nastiness. Jeez.

Big difference between "not my cup of tea" and "something sucks because I don't like it." This is the type of subject that, if you feel you absolutely have to make one negative post about it once is enough. It's not like we're holding anyone down and forcing them to listen to Kanye west. Another newsflash, other people sometimes have different opinions.

Newsflash? well reply to Newsflash, I have opinion as well and I reserve my right to express it. If you like this person then OK fair enough

Here's another opinion. I don't think you read other people's posts very carefully before you reply. You also seem to be taking this way too personally.

Very patronising, I am not taking it personally, I am merely replying to you on the same level that you are. You seem to be adopting a very superior attitude, fair enough I accept your opinion but I have mine. Let us not descend into a situation of superiority/inferiority. We should just agree to differ now I think, not a lot of point to continue this line of debate. Your middle sentence implies that I am rather stupid, well OK if that is what you wish to infer, I wont take the bait and react.

My two cents.

Really? Ive never felt that here

Say whatever is on your mind. Sometimes people get worked up on the interwebz i guess. But i think dont take things to serious and have fun

• Like 2

I remember when the threads in here started by men! And all the replies were strong statements. What have we come to? :boohoo:

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

• Like 1

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

Hahaha! No shit! Speaking of which I miss Nobody's Hero on this Forum! She was a cool woman man! Cindy is her name. Met her a few times when I took the EX to Red Rocks for Rush! Fun times!!!

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

Hahaha! No shit! Speaking of which I miss Nobody's Hero on this Forum! She was a cool woman man! Cindy is her name. Met her a few times when I took the EX to Red Rocks for Rush! Fun times!!!

Yeah I forgot about her, wonder what happened to her?

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

I don't know man! The last time I saw her she was in the front row at Red Rocks with her husband.

I haven't talked with her in years.

I just checked my iPhone, I still have her number, perhaps I will give Cindy a call tomorrow!

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

I don't know man! The last time I saw her she was in the front row at Red Rocks with her husband.

I just checked my iPhone, I still have her number, perhaps I will give Cindy a call tomorrow!

Yeah give her a call see if she's still alive!

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

Tell Cindy I said 'sup.

• Like 1

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

I will for sure! It's 11:42 her time so I will call mañana!

"Cold Fire?"

More like Nobody's Hero.

Tell Cindy I said 'sup.

Hey John! Will do!

Cheers!

My two cents.

I understand your post, I am relatively new here and got a bit drunk one night and posted a few threads which were not nice and I was an arsehole. I deservedly got a good verbal kicking from people. But now I am cool with all of that, I have a good vibe now, learned my lesson and I think I get on well with nearly all now.

This site is full of good people of very different views and personalities, but there is a lot of piss taking and banter. Best thing that I have learned in my short time here is if you live by the sword then you have to die by it. By that I mean then yes it is fine to post strongly held opinions and comments, that is what we want. Just be thick skinned enough to take the flak that comes back. It took me a while dude.

And PS - don't listen to the one who slagged off your Avatar. The 365 GTB is a classic!! Or is it a 512?

My avatar is a Lamborghini Countach, and if it has a model number I don't know what it is. I like to drive fast red cars and I've never gotten a ticket. If you have another 12 cylinder mid-engine car, I'd like to drive it. Never been able to get behind the wheel of an actual Countach, but I built a model!

Thanks for all the welcomes and wish someone would help me set up a sig and explain settings to me. I've never been in a forum like this. I go back to alt.rec newsgroups but not these new-fangled graphic ones.

What I would have posted (and think I actually did once) in this thread, is that I haven't written off Rush as dead and buried. As I might have said previously, I don't believe that die hard musicians who routinely play their instruments at home can flip a switch and say "I can't tour so I will never play music with these close friends again." So they don't tour. That doesn't mean the end of the world except to you guys who put notches in the bedpost for each concert. So I live in hope and watch a lot of concert videos

• Like 2

Is anyone else still openly depressed/distraught over "the end" of Rush?

I've been a huge fan since late 2012 when I began buying albums out of curiosity after years jamming out to the same 3 radio hits.

Since then I've really come into my own. I'm more outgoing, enthusiastic and don't really consider myself a pessimistic person anymore. I know it's odd to most folks that music of all things allowed me to see the other side of the coin so to say, but I feel like I owe these guys my life.

Since the series of announcements from Neil and Alex last year, I've known it was coming but Time Stand Still basically confirmed my worst fears. I've seen it over 20 times since Nov and I still tear up watching it.

Hell, the last segment that was filmed at the Forum in L.A. kicks the waterworks into hyperdrive. Upon hearing Alex speaking up on his feelings of never touring again I'll let loose a few tears, by the time the credits roll and The Garden begins playing I'm going off like an emergency sprinkler.

It seems I just can't let go... I was wondering if anyone else is there with me or if I'm just overreacting.

Yes it has been hard and I have found other types of music to help. I found groups like nightwish and Evergrey. I have been very stubborn about what music I listen to, which has always been Rush since 1976.

I must admit it has been fun to expand my horizons. One band in particular has really lit my fire and they are Ayreon. Wow!!! where have they been. I guess it is time to come out of the Rush shell and see the rest of the world. Now my collecting Rush stuff is another story. That will never stop until I own everything Rush related!.

My two cents.

My avatar is a Lamborghini Countach, and if it has a model number I don't know what it is. I like to drive fast red cars and I've never gotten a ticket. If you have another 12 cylinder mid-engine car, I'd like to drive it. Never been able to get behind the wheel of an actual Countach, but I built a model!

Thanks for all the welcomes and wish someone would help me set up a sig and explain settings to me. I've never been in a forum like this. I go back to alt.rec newsgroups but not these new-fangled graphic ones.

What I would have posted (and think I actually did once) in this thread, is that I haven't written off Rush as dead and buried. As I might have said previously, I don't believe that die hard musicians who routinely play their instruments at home can flip a switch and say "I can't tour so I will never play music with these close friends again." So they don't tour. That doesn't mean the end of the world except to you guys who put notches in the bedpost for each concert. So I live in hope and watch a lot of concert videos

hey IWCFW, I PMd you some signature tips

Love the Countach :LOL:

Over priced Italian Tai Shan...

...I haven't written off Rush either. I should have. That is what the smart people say. My glass is half full. I believe in the power of dreams and the power of a 426 HEMI.

I'm more distraught over spending $100 on that 2112 release with all the cover tunes on it. I mean I already have 4 other differ vinyl copies of that album, what was I thinking!?

As for Rush breaking up, it's too bad the OP didn't discover them till 2012 but I was lucky enough to discover them around 1979 and grew up with them. (I may be old but I've seen all the good bands :D)