It's been over a year and I still don't know how to cope

TemplesofLamneth

Honestly, I had no idea who the mods were here; I saw you were after I did that (I don't always pay attention to the titles underneath the avatars). Besides, if ever posts need to be reported, it was those.

Fair enough.

I am still wondering what is considered ban-worthy around here. Looks like I can tell someone to f**k off and it's okay so long as I apologize, but how much further can I take it? ;)

See, that's where length of service comes into it. RUSHHEAD has always been a colorful character in the 11 years he's been here, often lacing his posts with (censored) F-bombs, but it's rare (as far as I've seen) that he directs those bombs at other members in an insulting manner. He's shown enough good will towards people here that a bad incident like this will not get him banned -- because he's been here for 11 years and we know him well enough to give the benefit of the doubt. But we do expect an apology from him, and if he were to continue to insult other members then action would have to be taken. But he's shown no tendencies of being that kind of person in all the years he's been here.

If someone joins here and immediately starts lacing into people, we have no history of good behavior to go by -- all we see of that person is insults. That's trollish behavior and that type of person wouldn't give us any reason to keep them around.

Do you see the difference there?

Of course. Benefit of the doubt will always be given to those you know more and who have an established good rep. However, it goes without saying that some will abuse that good will and take it too far since they have a lot more rope than others.

But where does that leave me, who has been here for nearly 11 years and has no warning points and no bad behavior to speak of? :P Note: I have no intention of actually cursing someone out because they had the nerve to say something I didn't agree with; that is not my nature (I have posted at multiple boards over the years and have never been perm-banned at any of them, and I think only a few temp-bans). Just genuinely curious what the standard is. :)

Nobody has ever received a warning point here. Here, check this out.

I am issuing an apology to the two forum members in which I directed a "F OFF" comment. So I sincerely apologize for my vulgar display of profanity. The constant comments of being labeled a "drug addict" or a "narcissist" pushed me over the edge a few nights ago. I am so sick of being labeled these awful words. It's not me at all. Just because I write with passion, caps on and swear doesn't mean I'm some mental nutcase. It's not just Eagle, it's been going on for 11 years. It's a very small percentage of forum members who have been ripping me over the years, but alas it does get under my skin. Some humans know how to push my buttons on here and hence it ignites my short fuse.

So on that note I will do my best to not attack forum members who like to fire off personal insults to me first.

I will try and not fire back petty insults.

I will never change the way I type and write on here unless 73 says so. 73 is a very fair and balanced Admin.

I am sure there is a "Witch Hunt" on here now to get me banned!

That's up to 73.

As for all of you Rushhead Haters are concerned?

HAVE A NICE DAY!

All I have to say to you is.

ROCK 'N ROLL SUX!

JAZZ is the music of the PEOPLE!

Go Lynch yourself. Suicide? Hell no, that shit ain't funny.

George Lynch? YOU WISH!

JOHN LYNCH BABY! MAKE THE BAY GREAT AGAIN! 49ers Super Bowl collision course. BOOK IT STUGOTZ!

Barbasol, Vicodin, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

JAZZ is so great Neil Peart wishes he could go back 40 years and be a great drummer.

Terry Bozzio

My hot water is done, my customers want tea. FUKK EM DRINK COFFE!

You like DON DOKKEN in tight Levi jeans???

Levi Stadium BEE-OTCH

Absolutely Classic!!!! Bravo!

• Like 1

Not a fan of Public Enemy. They ruined fun rap. "FEAR OF A BLACK PLANET?

The nerd white Steven Wilson counters years later with "Fear Of A Blank Planet!" STOOPID! Like some wanker's screen name on this forum.

When I flew down to see RUSH get into the Hall in LA I had to stand there for over an hour watching those ass clowns take up so much time.

Of course the version you saw on TV was totally edited down.

I was embarrassed by Public Enema Of The State.

Blink 182?

Public Enemy is a disgrace.

They are not pioneers.

They are shit. Flavor Flav Of Shite.

Give me Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, RUN DMC, WHODINI, early LL COOL J and of course the greatness of The Beastie Boys!

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

"Sophisticated bitch......."

"My 98' Oldsmobile........"

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

I agree very much with your sentiment about how Rap music has been corrupted and bastardised.

The pioneers you quote - Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang etc in the 80's all had a message of love and tolerance and for the people who are disadvantaged to all come together and fight against the oppressors in the same way that Bob Marley and the Reggae movement preached love and togetherness.

In recent years it just seems to be some sort of aggressive thing that white middle class kids can cotton on to be a bit "rebellious" until they go through college and then become real estate agents or hedge fund managers. It bears no resemblance to the original ethos of the rap artists of the early 80's.

"smack my bitch up" degrades woman

"kill the batty boy" about homosexuality

It is pretty disgusting. In recent years we have even had "white rappers" jumping on the bandwagon like Vanilla Ice who claimed to be from "The Hood" when in fact he was just a pathetic idiot who had a middle class upbringing and the ubiquitous Eminem or Slim Shady or whatever he calls himself now. However I believe Marshall Mathers was as much of a parody of Rap music as Spinal Tap was of Rock music. But stupid "fashionable white middle class kids" took the bait.

It is a shame that the original message was corrupted in this way, in my humble opinion.

Just my opinion.

Rap music was never meant to be about guns, misogyny or homophobia, which sadly is what is became :|

Your reference to vanilla ice being from "recent years" is laughable. Check a calendar. Even Eminem is considered old by hip hop fans at this point. It's important to remember your parents reaction to your music and their parents reaction to theirs. Hip hop hasn't been primarily aggressive or gangsta in many years.

Well my dad got me into The Who. Hip Hop is rubbish, can you name one hip hop track that will be remembered as a classic?

Gangstas Paradise

I'll stick with "Pastime Paradise." Coolio is a Foolio.

The nerd white Steven Wilson counters years later with "Fear Of A Blank Planet!" STOOPID! Like some wanker's screen name on this forum.

When I flew down to see RUSH get into the Hall in LA I had to stand there for over an hour watching those ass clowns take up so much time.

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

Give me Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, RUN DMC, WHODINI, early LL COOL J and of course the greatness of The Beastie Boys!

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

I agree very much with your sentiment about how Rap music has been corrupted and bastardised.

The pioneers you quote - Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang etc in the 80's all had a message of love and tolerance and for the people who are disadvantaged to all come together and fight against the oppressors in the same way that Bob Marley and the Reggae movement preached love and togetherness.

In recent years it just seems to be some sort of aggressive thing that white middle class kids can cotton on to be a bit "rebellious" until they go through college and then become real estate agents or hedge fund managers. It bears no resemblance to the original ethos of the rap artists of the early 80's.

It is pretty disgusting. In recent years we have even had "white rappers" jumping on the bandwagon like Vanilla Ice who claimed to be from "The Hood" when in fact he was just a pathetic idiot who had a middle class upbringing and the ubiquitous Eminem or Slim Shady or whatever he calls himself now. However I believe Marshall Mathers was as much of a parody of Rap music as Spinal Tap was of Rock music. But stupid "fashionable white middle class kids" took the bait.

It is a shame that the original message was corrupted in this way, in my humble opinion.

Just my opinion.

Rap music was never meant to be about guns, misogyny or homophobia, which sadly is what is became :|

Your reference to vanilla ice being from "recent years" is laughable. Check a calendar. Even Eminem is considered old by hip hop fans at this point. It's important to remember your parents reaction to your music and their parents reaction to theirs. Hip hop hasn't been primarily aggressive or gangsta in many years.

Well my dad got me into The Who. Hip Hop is rubbish, can you name one hip hop track that will be remembered as a classic?

Gangstas Paradise

Well if you consider sampling a section of a Stevie Wonder song, putting it in a loop then spouting a load of garbage over the top of it then fair enough.

The problem that I have with these so called "gangsta rappers" is that they bleat on about their troubled "hood" and how difficult things are for their "bros" but they are making millions from these vacuous piles of shit and driving around in expensive bling cars. Why don't they give some money back to the troubled people in their "hood" that they bleat on about? If they really care?

• Like 1

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Gangstas Paradise

I am sorry Segue

Just getting on my "high horse" again. No offence meant my friend

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Gangstas Paradise

I have very strong opinions which I will never apologise for but that does not mean that I don't respect others point of view. Just give it back to me kid XXXXXX

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Gangstas Paradise

Ill go with this.

• Like 2

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Gangstas Paradise

Ill go with this.

http://youtu.be/lOfZLb33uCg

Bingo!

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

The first big hip hop song is a classic, rappers delight.

There are plenty more, if you're interested look into it. Btw, I'm guessing I'm your age or older.

• Like 1

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

There are plenty more, if you're interested look into it. Btw, I'm guessing I'm your age or older.

"Hotel hotel, Holiday Inn...."

I love the Sugar Hill Gang!

"White Lines" by Grandmaster Flash RULES!

Any song by RUN DMC up to the "Tougher Than Leather" record is Legend.

The first two LL.COOL J records are fab.

The first four Whodini albums are gems.

"Licensed To Ill" is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Radio by LL is an amazing album way ahead if it's time. Beastie boys were always good. I was huge dmc fan back then as well. We had a guy here named Kenny K that did a hip hop radio show on the local independent station wmnf 88.5 back in the 80s. This was before MTV was really playing it and it was almost never on reguar radio. He brought a lot of stuff down from New York or up from Miami (LA wasn't even a thing yet) and that is how I got started listening to it.

• Like 1

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

It depends on the corner of the sandbox you hang out on.

• Like 1

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Radio by LL is an amazing album way ahead if it's time. Beastie boys were always good. I was huge dmc fan back then as well. We had a guy here named Kenny K that did a hip hop radio show on the local independent station wmnf 88.5 back in the 80s. This was before MTV was really playing it and it was almost never on reguar radio. He brought a lot of stuff down from New York or up from Miami (LA wasn't even a thing yet) and that is how I got started

listening to it.

That's an awesome story! I too got lucky back in 1986! I lost my cherry that year too! LOL!

I was lucky enough to see Whodini, LL Cool J and RUN DMC together! It was the "Raising Hell" Tour! I still have my tour book!!!!

I saw RUN DMC one more time in Oakland at a Raider AFC Playoff Game! They were the half time show! It was a few years later that Jam Master Jay was shot and killed.

I was so bummed.

"KING OF ROCK!"

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE RUN DMC!

Blink 182?

They are not pioneers.

FUCKK PUBLIC ENEMY.

Junk rap.

I know...

"EAZY DUZ IT"

That record rules.

Just my opinion.

It depends on the corner of the sandbox you hang out on.

HAHAHA!

FISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last couple years been a great opportunity for Al & Ged to show that together they could do something real different than the Rush sound, was and still is a tremendously exciting prospect, cmon guys get it on

I envision something real crazy if they do, Al & Ged doing something completely different to Rush. Frothing at the mouth just imagining it

Edited by lifeson90

Well that is my point

I asked the question about what hip hop track would be a classic and it is all the original stuff. Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, Melly Mel etc

I have great respect for those great artists and pioneers but the current stuff has no relevance at all.

Kane West??? who the hell is he apart from being married to a trailer trash reality TV "star". It is all garbage to be honest I had never heard of either of them until a couple of years ago.

Andy Warhol was indeed correct all of those years ago when he said in the 1960's that sometime soon everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. He predicted the cult of "celebrity" for no other reason than "celebrity".

Classics aren't classics right away by definition. If you look at reviews of some of the bigger movies or albums when they originally were released a lot of times they weren't recognized as classics immediately. Take my example of rappers delight. It seemed like a novelty song not much different than disco duck. No one knew it was the next big thing until later. Expecting something modern to be a classic is unreasonable. Il give you a newer one. California love by Dre and pac is undoubtedly a classic and came out a good 20 years after rappers delight give or take.

Last couple years been a great opportunity for Al & Ged to show that together they could do something real different than the Rush sound, was and still is a tremendously exciting prospect, cmon guys get it on

I envision something real crazy if they do, Al & Ged doing something completely different to Rush. Frothing at the mouth just imagining it

As far as new music goes, I think this is the 2nd most likely possibility (after a solo Geddy album). Still though, they'd sound Rushlike if it's just the two of them writing the music.

That's good of course.

• Like 2

Well that is my point

I asked the question about what hip hop track would be a classic and it is all the original stuff. Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, Melly Mel etc

I have great respect for those great artists and pioneers but the current stuff has no relevance at all.

Kane West??? who the hell is he apart from being married to a trailer trash reality TV "star". It is all garbage to be honest I had never heard of either of them until a couple of years ago.

Andy Warhol was indeed correct all of those years ago when he said in the 1960's that sometime soon everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. He predicted the cult of "celebrity" for no other reason than "celebrity".

Kanye West is an incredibly talented musician in his field.

Well that is my point

Kanye West mentioned on TRF. A new low.

Well that is my point

Well that is my point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7MMIRSlbY

Fridge what the f**k?????

He put on a backing tape then got the audience to sing most of it then did a few words out of tune??? Oh no no no please tell me you are not serious?

It is so tragically terrible that I wish I could bring Kurt Cobain back to life just to blow away this awfulness for one last time.

He is an incredibly talented musician in his field????? Well all I can think of is that field is just full of cow dung.

The middle class "white" music press love black music because they think it is cool. They championed the cause of the ethnic African American rap culture and how it was so relevant whilst they derided the misogynistic stone age lyrics of the white rock establishment. That was true in the 80's but all has been turned on its head.

White rock music now talks about social issues and challenges the ethos of the current system whilst the "mainstream" rap and R&B "artists" talk about "guns" and "drugs" and "bitches" and "f*****s" while they drive around in their expensive cars.

Still the pathetic middle class music press wannabe little boys fantasize about being "in the hood" . You come from a rich family, you go to college and be a "rebel" for 3 years then you come home and daddy gets you a nice job with a hedge fund.

These guys combined rock music with the message of the early Rap artists

Don't get me wrong I hate the guy...but I used to like his music back in my teens.