It's been over a year and I still don't know how to cope

TemplesofLamneth

I'm not worried in the slightest....they had a damn good run of fine albums from 1974-1987, and that is enough legacy for anyone.

Indeed, I wish they HAD called it a day at the end of the 80s, because they would have truly gone out on a high then.

I've seen them several times over the years, starting with the Moving Pictures tour and ending with S&A, and they were a pale shadow of the former by then.

As it is, I wish them well in their retirement, I still have all the great music to listen to, and there are plenty of other bands to occupy my interest.

Pretty much my take as well. I'd wanted them to realize they needed to retire long before they finally did. They were a fine band at at their peak they were something to behold.

• Like 3

I'm not worried in the slightest....they had a damn good run of fine albums from 1974-1987, and that is enough legacy for anyone.

Indeed, I wish they HAD called it a day at the end of the 80s, because they would have truly gone out on a high then.

I've seen them several times over the years, starting with the Moving Pictures tour and ending with S&A, and they were a pale shadow of the former by then.

As it is, I wish them well in their retirement, I still have all the great music to listen to, and there are plenty of other bands to occupy my interest.

Pretty much my take as well. I'd wanted them to realize they needed to retire long before they finally did. They were a fine band at at their peak they were something to behold.

Amen to that. People who only got to see them in the 90s and beyond didn't see them at their best. In the 80s in before they were absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

Since the series of announcements from Neil and Alex last year, I've known it was coming but Time Stand Still basically confirmed my worst fears. I've seen it over 20 times since Nov and I still tear up watching it.

Hell, the last segment that was filmed at the Forum in L.A. kicks the waterworks into hyperdrive. Upon hearing Alex speaking up on his feelings of never touring again I'll let loose a few tears, by the time the credits roll and The Garden begins playing I'm going off like an emergency sprinkler.

I understand how you feel and don't mean to make light of it with this question, but if watching TSS makes me so sad, why do you KEEP watching it? I mean, 20 times? I've seen it like 2-3 times and I feel like I'm good for a LONG time. Re-watching it over and over seems akin to re-reading an old love letter from an ex who left you (and the doc IS essentially a breakup letter from Rush). Why not watch R40 Live and imagine you're reliving the show you saw or catching them a second time? Or watch BTLS, which is more a celebration of their greatness than an epitaph? Just sayin, it seems you are making this loss worse for yourself.

Crazy.....but not depressed at all.

I feel fulfilled I fully enjoyed being a hardcore Rush fan for 33 of their 40 years of existence (41 years if you want to be technical). I saw every tour beginning with The Signals tour (except the proper Power Windows Tour...saw the Power Windows warm up tour) thru R40.

It was a hell of a ride. And one where I have plenty of music to always listen too. The catalog is immense.

I rarely think about it to tell you the truth. I'm amazed they did as much as they did since vapor trails. I was thinking earlier about how I just don't understand the mindset of people like warren buffet and anyone that has made enough money to truly be set and yet they continue to run the rat race when they have the opportunity to spend their time truly enjoying life. I hope the three of them spend time doing what they love be it driving, flying, golfing, drinking wine or spending time with children and never look back. I can't imagine anyone at deaths door wishes they would have spent more time running on the hamster wheel. The world is full of a lot of things to discover including new music and passions for us as well as them.

:clap:

I was thinking earlier about how I just don't understand the mindset of people like warren buffet and anyone that has made enough money to truly be set and yet they continue to run the rat race when they have the opportunity to spend their time truly enjoying life.

You can't understand that other people enjoy different things than you do?

Are you saying you don't understand my point? It's pretty clear. I don't get that mindset. I never said their thinking should be outlawed. I applaud Neil for having the courage to get out and focus on what he thought was important.

I became a Rush fan-atic at the age of 16 (after hearing Freewill).

I'm now in my 40's.

In my mind I said "farewell and thank you" to Alex, Geddy and Neil on 25 July 2015 at the end of the Las Vegas R40 show.

I'm sad. Partly because I never saw them live and I kick myself daily for not making the effort when I was living in Ohio. Not so much opportunity in Australia.

I am so glad I traveled from Australia the USA (twice) to see Rush live. Wonderful experiences that will live with me forever.

• Like 2

I can understand it especially if you're newer to the band and either never saw them, or only got to take in a show or two.

To be honest, after Neil went through all that tragedy, I figured that was IT. Everything since then has been like extra gravy. And even though all of them have had various issues in recent years, it's good that they could keep their standard relatively high re: concert performance.

I started seeing them in 1988 and I'd probably go with 1990 or 1992 as the best years that I saw, for overall consistency, but every show/tour has had its strong points.

That said, sure, I'd love to see them again , but the only times I got really emotional about it were at the L.A. show, and watching the TSS documentary towards the end.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

I'm now in my 40's.

In my mind I said "farewell and thank you" to Alex, Geddy and Neil on 25 July 2015 at the end of the Las Vegas R40 show.

I'm sad. Partly because I never saw them live and I kick myself daily for not making the effort when I was living in Ohio. Not so much opportunity in Australia.

I am so glad I traveled from Australia the USA (twice) to see Rush live. Wonderful experiences that will live with me forever.

About a decade ago, an old school Aussie TRF friend (different strings) and I used to talk about Rush touring Australia. I told him that it wasn't going to happen and that he needed to go stateside or to Europe to check them out because the end could come anytime. He didn't like to hear that but I was just telling him what I thought would happen. Luckily, he DID manage to make it to the USA on a few different tours (I think) and multiple shows (certainly). That was probably 2007 and/or 2008. In addition to that, he was able to party with a ton of TRFers + get a pair of sticks from Peart (the Aussie sign he brought to the gig worked!).

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

I'm now in my 40's.

About a decade ago, an old school Aussie TRF friend (different strings) and I used to talk about Rush touring Australia. I told him that it wasn't going to happen and that he needed to go stateside or to Europe to check them out because the end could come anytime. He didn't like to hear that but I was just telling him what I thought would happen. Luckily, he DID manage to make it to the USA on a few different tours (I think) and multiple shows (certainly). That was probably 2007 and/or 2008. In addition to that, he was able to party with a ton of TRFers + get a pair of sticks from Peart (the Aussie sign he brought to be gig worked!).

I have a good female friend who lives in Sydney (originally from Scotland as it turns out). She became a Rush fan sometime in the 2000s I believe. Luckily for her, she and her husband have done very well for themselves...and as a result, she travels to the US and UK frequently for gigs. She's seen Rush more times than I have, and I started seeing them in 1988!!! :D

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 3

I'm now in my 40's.

About a decade ago, an old school Aussie TRF friend (different strings) and I used to talk about Rush touring Australia. I told him that it wasn't going to happen and that he needed to go stateside or to Europe to check them out because the end could come anytime. He didn't like to hear that but I was just telling him what I thought would happen. Luckily, he DID manage to make it to the USA on a few different tours (I think) and multiple shows (certainly). That was probably 2007 and/or 2008. In addition to that, he was able to party with a ton of TRFers + get a pair of sticks from Peart (the Aussie sign he brought to be gig worked!).

I have a good female friend who lives in Sydney (originally from Scotland as it turns out). She became a Rush fan sometime in the 2000s I believe. Luckily for her, she and her husband have done very well for themselves...and as a result, she travels to the US and UK frequently for gigs. She's seen Rush more times than I have, and I started seeing them in 1988!!! :D

What a coincidence, I've got a few friends there also. That's where different strings lives too.

• Like 1

I'm now in my 40's.

Sounds like me at the end of the Montreal R40 show except I was yelling "thank you" over and over while crying my eyes out. After the concert my daughter and I went to a bar and ate poutine, drank beer, and did shots of maple whiskey to drown our sorrows. After seeing 25 Rush shows together, she finally told me that night "I get it now dad". That was my Father's Day, 2015. I'll never forget it.

Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 8

I walked out of Denver my second R40 show saying "they'll be back". You'll see Neil doesn't know it but he'll be back.

I agree completely John

I think there will be more to come, maybe not world tours but certainly studio work and some smaller gigs. As long as Neil stays fit and healthy he wont want to give up, the band means too much to him IMHO

I walked out of Denver my second R40 show saying "they'll be back". You'll see Neil doesn't know it but he'll be back.

The work "back" rhymes with "crack."

And I'm the one on drugs?

You Rush Fan Bois are insane.

Rush is over.

Move the fukk on.

It's like you guys have your toothless mouths attached to some big fukking Temples Of The Syrinx Teat in the Twilight Zone Universe.

That teat that you are sucking is dried up and out of the Milk Of Honeydew.

Try sucking some real human female teats and try and get your little cherries popped instead.

Really! Seriously!

Put down the Xbox controller.

Put down your 2 liter bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Take your orange hand out of your Cheetos bag and find yourself a real woman!!!

The world needs more love.

Find a woman and love her. Love her forever! You millennials and young tools have no clue about finding true love and making it last forever!

Good luck to you!

Love Rush forever!

But RUSH IS DEAD!

Your genitals are not dead.

So get off your progressive rock lazy asses and find a good woman!

Signed,

"COLD FIRE"

I agree completely John

I think there will be more to come, maybe not world tours but certainly studio work and some smaller gigs. As long as Neil stays fit and healthy he wont want to give up, the band means too much to him IMHO

Wet Dreams are real too.

"KEEP THE FAITH" STEVE!

Love,

BON JOVI

• Like 2

I'm now in my 40's.

Sounds like me at the end of the Montreal R40 show except I was yelling "thank you" over and over while crying my eyes out. After the concert my daughter and I went to a bar and ate poutine, drank beer, and did shots of maple whiskey to drown our sorrows. After seeing 25 Rush shows together, she finally told me that night "I get it now dad". That was my Father's Day, 2015. I'll never forget it.

Yep!

You are the real deal man.

I will never forget taking my parents to the R30 gig in Vegas.

My mother grabbed me and hugged me and said.... "Wow, I get it now son."

• Like 4

I agree completely John

Wet Dreams are real too.

"KEEP THE FAITH" STEVE!

Love,

BON JOVI

Well I would be very happy if Rush carried on and we could just get Bon Jovi and the Rolling Stones to give up and go away. Two of the worst talentless bands in the history of modern music I am afraid

• Like 1

Rush is over.

Move the fukk on.

It's like you guys have your toothless mouths attached to some big fukking Temples Of The Syrinx Teat in the Twilight Zone Universe.

Try sucking some real human female teats and try and get your little cherries popped instead.

Really! Seriously!

Find a woman and love her. Love her forever! You millennials and young tools have no clue about finding true love and making it last forever!

Good luck to you!

Love Rush forever!

But RUSH IS DEAD!

Signed,

"COLD FIRE"

:LOL:

Comedy!

Right, my genitals aren't dead. They're in a bag of Cheetos and my hands are orange. Wait... :LOL:

Which millenials are you talking to? JohnRogers is probably slightly older than you. No millenials in sight, not on this page anyway. :LOL:

• Like 2

I agree completely John

Wet Dreams are real too.

"KEEP THE FAITH" STEVE!

Love,

BON JOVI

I am too old to have "wet dreams" now Rushhead sadly.

It now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night :-(

• Like 1

Rush is over.

Move the fukk on.

Really! Seriously!

Good luck to you!

Love Rush forever!

But RUSH IS DEAD!

Signed,

"COLD FIRE"

:LOL:

Comedy!

Right, my genitals aren't dead. They're in a bag of Cheetos and my hands are orange. Wait... :LOL:

Which millenials are you talking to? JohnRogers is probably slightly older than you. No millenials in sight, not on this page anyway. :LOL:

It is a bummer growing older Johnny. When I was 19 I had a lot more sex, didn't get hangovers and could eat whatever I wanted without getting fat.

But my car insurance is a lot cheaper now

Every cloud as they say

My favourite bands:

Rush: retired

Sabbath: just retired

Purple: probably retire in 2018

The Who: retire soon

I know I'll have to find something to do to fill the time usually spent at their gigs (and in the travelling involved!) but I don't see myself collecting stamps and they don't let you play 'N.I.B.' at parish bingo....

• Like 4

I agree completely John

Wet Dreams are real too.

"KEEP THE FAITH" STEVE!

Love,

BON JOVI

I am too old to have "wet dreams" now Rushhead sadly.

It now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night :-(

I am sorry my friend! I glad you get my sense of humor. Getting old sucks! I just turned 49 but I still have wet dreams.

I think about Neil naked on his BMW motorcycle having a puff on a red apple.

So sexy.

So steamy.

So supernatural.

So creamy..........

It is what it is man.

One day at a time.

You will be fine.

• Like 2