What strange practice have Rush performed while onstage?

Texas King

On several occasions during Peart's drum solo, Lee & Lifeson had practiced the art of Lunar Elasmobranchii Deboning (or Night Shark Deboning) on the far right end of the stage. It's strange because not only is the far right side considered the unethical location for that practice but also because those creatures have no bones to be removed.

Very strange practice indeed. :yes:

• Like 7

Not a poll?

a) worshipped satan through Morse code and naked men in pentagrams?

b) musically satisfied an army of nerds?

c) use of a stick-twirling, soloing drummer who doesn't look like he's having any fun?

d) extreme musical diligence?

e) something else about satan?

• Like 2

Not a poll?

c) use of a stick-twirling, soloing drummer who doesn't look like he's having any fun?

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????????

You just called Rush Satanists?

On several occasions during Peart's drum solo, Lee & Lifeson had practiced the art of Lunar Elasmobranchii Deboning (or Night Shark Deboning) on the far right end of the stage. It's strange because not only is the far right side considered the unethical location for that practice but also because those creatures have no bones to be removed.

Also known as "cartilaging", or 'boning the shark' in certain dubious circles. Possibly originated in Austria or Saskatchewan.

- 'Bone Master' Blaze's Big Book of Bonery

Not a poll?

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????????

It's well known that the middle bit of By-Tor is morse code for "hail satan yeah!"

And By-tor is an anagram of Orbyt, also known as Orby-T, a sullen angel described in Leviticus.

Just let me make sure...I just checked that middle bit of By-Tor, and it's "Hail Stan yeah!"

My bad. They're Stanists.

• Like 2

Not a poll?

It's well known that the middle bit of By-Tor is morse code for "hail satan yeah!"

And By-tor is an anagram of Orbyt, also known as Orby-T, a sullen angel described in Leviticus.

Just let me make sure...I just checked that middle bit of By-Tor, and it's "Hail Stan yeah!"

Rule

Under

Stan's

Hand

• Like 4

Geddy and Alex usually consume the PB&J sandwiches that Geddy made while playing Bass, Keyboards, Footpedals and Sings during the show. This practice usually happens during the drum solo for a few reasons.

A- Neil is preoccupied and only can watch the festivities.

B Neil loves PB&J & hits the skins even harder and faster in a desperate hope there will be some left when the solo is over

C Alex hates to share with Neil because Neil made fun of Alex's Tuna Casserole that Alex made in the Fun Craft

D In some strange sense Alex and Ged always consider Neil "The new Guy"

E Neil is a DICK!! ( :P)

:rush: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :rush:

:Alex: :geddy: :Neil:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Not a poll?

Rule

Under

Stan's

Hand

I thought it was

Raised

Under

Satan's

House

Not a poll?

Rule

Under

Stan's

Hand

I thought it was

Raised

Under

Satan's

House

whoa! Satan has a basement?

It's probably filled with Toto albums and copies of Eat Pray Love (book and dvd). (two of Segue's favourites)

Also known as "cartilaging", or 'boning the shark' in certain dubious circles. Possibly originated in Austria or Saskatchewan.

- 'Bone Master' Blaze's Big Book of Bonery

A very HARD read :yes:

• Like 3

Since no one has said it:

Washing Machines. On stage. Who, other than Rush, does that?

Correct! Doing their laundry.

I still say Lunar Elasmobranchii Deboning was stranger of them.

Since the answer is "washing machines", does this mean that basting chicken in the rotisserie wasn't strange?

• Like 1

Not a poll?

Rule

Under

Stan's

Hand

I'm a Stanist, too :yes:

8a1b301ec66a4f8287f36c1008afe55f.jpg

• Like 2

I would rather the chooks being cooked.I can wear clothes for weeks without washing but i get hungry everyday.

T4E tour Geddy had a refrigerator. My daughter was 5 on that tour. In Nashville, she drew a picture of Alex playing a PRS and laid it on the stage for Alex hoping it would make it to the fridge. Not exactly sure it made it to the fridge but during Natural Science, when Alex saw it, he motioned her up to the stage, thanked her, made faces at her, then tossed her the pick he was using. All without missing a note! Alex made someone go out and get the drawing. Neil sent her out a set of sticks too. She thought she was the sh_t!

Not a poll?

Rule

Under

Stan's

Hand

Cousin Stan approves...

220px-Stanley_Anderson_2007.jpg

According to the Time Stand Still doc, they play a quite weird and unsettling version of Subdivisions. I like it. Should be on their next album.