Freddie Mercury vs Geddy Lee 1973-1980

YYZumbi

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which singer do you think had the best voice between 1973-1980?

As much as I love Geddy´s voice and Rush. I´m gonna put my voice on Freddie. Because he was just so fantastic. And no singer will ever come close to Freddie´s 70s voice (or any other era of his voice for that matter!)
  • Like 3

I really cannot vote...how do you define "the best voice"? Each had the perfect style for their bands. Would I like to hear Freddie sing Rush songs? No. Would I like to hear Geddy sing Queen songs? Oh HELL NO!!! This is like chosing between pizza and popcorn.
  • Like 3

I went with what I like, and Geddy wins easily. Liked Queen but had to get past Freddie's theatrical style. Not my taste. Much preferred Roger Taylor's voice, as well as Geddy's.
  • Like 1

I really cannot vote...how do you define "the best voice"?

Who has the better sounding voice? The best singing ability? The most range? The poll question was who has the "best voice," and if that's the question Freddie beats Geddy easily, and beats pretty much anyone else. It's almost not a fair question.

• Like 6

As far as singing ability, Freddie hands down. He was always a more accomplished singer than Geddy. However Geddys voice always fit their music perfectly.
  • Like 5

This is probably the most difficult question I've seen on the forum, as I consider both all time favorites ..

Freddie put so much gusto and flamboyance into his music and singing, and I love the guy ..

But what this comes down to for me is :

... invisible to telescopic eye .. infinity, the star that would not die ... ALL WHO DARE TO CROSS HER COURSE

It is so hard not to hit the Freddie button, but . . .

This is probably the most difficult question I've seen on the forum, as I consider both all time favorites ..

Freddie put so much gusto and flamboyance into his music and singing, and I love the guy ..

But what this comes down to for me is :

... invisible to telescopic eye .. infinity, the star that would not die ... ALL WHO DARE TO CROSS HER COURSE

It is so hard not to hit the Freddie button, but . . .

Just because you might think Freddie is a better singer, doesn't mean you don't think Geddy is awesome.

• Like 3

As has been pointed out already, it is unfair to compare pretty much anyone with Freddie..he was one of those freakish, unusual once in a lifetime talents.

None of this detracts at all from Geddys ability

• Like 5

Geddy

I hate Freddies voice. Like nails on a chalk board.

• Like 1

I really cannot vote...how do you define "the best voice"? Each had the perfect style for their bands. Would I like to hear Freddie sing Rush songs? No. Would I like to hear Geddy sing Queen songs? Oh HELL NO!!! This is like chosing between pizza and popcorn.

As far as singing ability, Freddie hands down. He was always a more accomplished singer than Geddy. However Geddys voice always fit their music perfectly.

This and this. Ged's voice is just right for Rush. Freddie was the perfect front man for Queen.

• Like 3

As much as I love Geddy´s voice and Rush. I´m gonna put my voice on Freddie. Because he was just so fantastic. And no singer will ever come close to Freddie´s 70s voice (or any other era of his voice for that matter!)

During those years, Freddie, easily. He had far more control.
  • Like 1