Wanna feel old?

FountainOfSyrinx

Here's a wonderful full-length show from the first leg of the Snakes And Arrows Tour.

It was shot in 2007.

Nearly 10 years ago. Which equates to almost 25 percent of Rush's existence.

I'm not crying. You're crying.

• Like 10

Doesn't make me feel old- though 2007 does feel like last week, in a lot of respects.

In about 2010-'11, Snakes and Arrows Live was the first Rush album I had bought after having drifted away from them for many years- I had not heard the studio album, and really didn't know what they'd been up to since about 1996. I chose it because the set list looked just fantastic (and I still think it is)...wonderful stuff, great performances.

This show, this tour, even though I didn't see it (and wouldn't again until Clockwork Angels, a 19-year dry spell between Rush gigs finally broken), is what helped bring me back into the Rush fold.

Thanks for posting!

• Like 3

perception of time sure changes as we get older. Used to be 10 years was a long muthafuggan time, now seems to go in a blink of an eye. Saw them 3 times on this tour - which is a lot for me, not usually a multi-show on same tour type fan. Loved this tour and I grabbed every audience recording I could lay my hands on
  • Like 2

Saw this amazing tour 4 times.

To this day one of my all time favorite set lists they ever put together. Just awesome. And they sounded fantastic in all 4 shows I saw. Basically flawless performances.

Orlando sat second row....on the 2008 leg. Insane. John Wesley was sitting next to me. Was pretty damn cool jamming out with him to Rush. And he basted some chickens too LOL!!!

Tampa sat 3rd row and took my kid sister. Her first time ever seeing Rush....what a blast. Hung out at the Hard Rock center bar before and after the show with ton's of Rush fans and friends we made on the past several tours before the Snakes tour.

Great times.

P.S. This crowd sucks.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

perception of time sure changes as we get older. Used to be 10 years was a long muthafuggan time, now seems to go in a blink of an eye. Saw them 3 times on this tour - which is a lot for me, not usually a multi-show on same tour type fan. Loved this tour and I grabbed every audience recording I could lay my hands on

The great thing for me is that one of the boots from this tour is an excellent recording of the show I went to. I get to re-live it whenever I want.

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

To be pedantic since the band started in 1968 and still haven't spilt it's actually just over 20% of their lifespan ;)

I thought it was all over in 1997 though, 20 years ago! :o

Yep. I am so grateful they gave us 18 more years of tours and some great albums.

What a ride it was.....been on the train since 1981 and we finally got to the station with R40.

What a thrill.

Edited by Todem

To this day one of my all time favorite set lists they ever put together. Just awesome. And they sounded fantastic in all 4 shows I saw. Basically flawless performances.

Orlando sat second row....on the 2008 leg. Insane. John Wesley was sitting next to me. Was pretty damn cool jamming out with him to Rush. And he basted some chickens too LOL!!!

Tampa sat 3rd row and took my kid sister. Her first time ever seeing Rush....what a blast. Hung out at the Hard Rock center bar before and after the show with ton's of Rush fans and friends we made on the past several tours before the Snakes tour.

Great times.

P.S. This crowd sucks.

I was at those two shows as well - probably not all that far from you! I also talked with John Wesley in Orlando - I recall he was just about to travel for a Porcupine Tree tour (FoaBP was released right around the same time as SnA.)

Snakes was one of the best tours! I also saw it in Scranton, Saratoga, Montreal, Chicago

• Like 1

Great times.

P.S. This crowd sucks.

I was at those two shows as well - probably not all that far from you! I also talked with John Wesley in Orlando - I recall he was just about to travel for a Porcupine Tree tour (FoaBP was released right around the same time as SnA.)

Snakes was one of the best tours! I also saw it in Scranton, Saratoga, Montreal, Chicago

Right on! Yep my wife and I saw them in Orlando at the House of Blues on that very tour on our wedding anniversary.....amazing show, just amazing. Bought Nil Recurring at that show as well as got an autographed copy of Deadwing.

God I hope they get back together (Porcupine Tree) and do An Evening With tour. It's gotta happen one of these days.

Edited by Todem

the fact that 2007 was 10 years ago makes me feel old enough, and im only 19.

Only thing I can say is just do your best and be happy

One thing?

i'm so lost......