80's Rush and Yes albums clash?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. 80's Rush and Yes albums clash?

• Rush - Hold Your Fire
    • Yes - 90125
  2. 2. 80's Rush and Yes song knockout

• Rush - Time Stand Still
    • Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart

One of the worst Yes songs ever against Time Stand Still? This isn't even a contest.

Wait, Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa????

I've always hated it. Very commercial sounding and much more so than TSS.

• Like 1

One of the worst Yes songs ever against Time Stand Still? This isn't even a contest.

i've an image with Owner of these older guys going.........look we're hip.......with it.......this IS what the kids like right????

yea awful song.

• Like 3

i've an image with Owner of these older guys going.........look we're hip.......with it.......this IS what the kids like right????

yea awful song.

Yeah same here. That's the mental image I got too when I first heard it.

• Like 2

yea awful song.

I am 51 and I like what I like

yea awful song.

You guys are killing me. Three perfectly composed and performed songs on the 80's...

Owner

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Africa

• Like 1

yea awful song.

Let me take you to school on how the track was realized.

Trevor Rabin writes a very simple rock love song with a killer guitar riff

Trevor Horn puts some flashy synth sounds and transforms it with a screaming heavy melodic guitar solo.

Jon Anderson comes along and fine tunes the lyrics into something a bit more abstract and less typical.

Do that on about 6 more songs and hey presto you have a hit. This is a great song. TSS is very good, but its not a patch on Owner.

/mic drop

So I suppose if you accuse Yes of selling out then you have to accuse Rush in the same way maybe

I didn't accuse them of selling out. I just think the song sucks. :LOL:

yea awful song.

Let me take you to school on how the track was realized.

Trevor Rabin writes a very simple rock love song with a killer guitar riff

Trevor Horn puts some flashy synth sounds and transforms it with a screaming heavy melodic guitar solo.

Jon Anderson comes along and fine tunes the lyrics into something a bit more abstract and less typical.

Do that on about 6 more songs and hey presto you have a hit. This is a great song. TSS is very good, but its not a patch on Owner.

/mic drop

Nope. :P

Hold Your Fire easy.

Owner Of A Lonely Heart...for now...

Cooolll Segue

Its a bit pop though aint it?????

Honestly love pop.

I can't for the life of me work out why I voted for Owner...like...I must have been morbid again!

• Like 1

yea awful song.

You guys are killing me. Three perfectly composed and performed songs on the 80's...

Owner

Africa

Africa Toto

Perfection

• Like 2

So I suppose if you accuse Yes of selling out then you have to accuse Rush in the same way maybe

But "owner of a lonely heart" is much better than time stands still

• Like 1

Hold Your Fire easy.

Owner Of A Lonely Heart...for now...

Cooolll Segue

Its a bit pop though aint it?????

Honestly love pop.

I can't for the life of me work out why I voted for Owner...like...I must have been morbid again!

I love pop too Seague

I wore shiny suits for my 21st

I LOVED Spandau Ballet and still do

I had a blonde hair like George Michael RIP

I was a "New Romantic " in the 80's

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25200000/Japan-japan-band-25249108-500-387.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/japan-band/images/25249108/title/japan-photo&h=387&w=500&tbnid=MPahdKMt_jnNlM:&vet=1&tbnh=155&tbnw=200&docid=iCTGlWbgwr7r7M&itg=1&usg=___VP4Wd3MdJ0L3vIYzcfJh9rWXsM=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdnJTAzZbSAhXiC8AKHTLSA3MQ_B0IdDAK

yea awful song.

Owner

Africa

Funny i love the other 2 tracks tou listed. Owner still makes me heave though.'

Mick

• Like 1

But "owner of a lonely heart" is much better than time stands still

Not to me it isn't.

• Like 2

yea awful song.

Owner

Africa

Mick

I like the other two as well. Owner just causes a rash. :LOL:

• Like 1

yea awful song.

Owner

Africa

Mick

Lo.. the way i see it. Time Stand Still, Africa and Everybody wants to Rule The World are all legit crafted pop tunes.

owner just sounds like pandering at the highest......or lowest, lol

Mick

yea awful song.

Owner

Africa

Mick

Lo.. the way i see it. Time Stand Still, Africa and Everybody wants to Rule The World are all legit crafted pop tunes.

owner just sounds like pandering at the highest......or lowest, lol

Mick

It sounds like they were trying incorporate a modern feel into their music but just failed miserably.

• Like 1