Texas King

Anthem or Time Stand Still?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem or Time Stand Still?

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was quite funny

When I saw that the voting was actually close, it became not funny

Well I have just watched Time Stands Still

The video is tragic really terrible

Neil looks very gay in that vest. Alex sound is nice but the whole thing is complete shit.

I will watch the rest now

Neil is not wearing a vest. He actually looks super cute in this vid :heart:

Tank top. Wife beater.

Hmm??

Just clarifying what he was wearing.

• Like 1

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was quite funny

When I saw that the voting was actually close, it became not funny

Well I have just watched Time Stands Still

The video is tragic really terrible

Neil looks very gay in that vest. Alex sound is nice but the whole thing is complete shit.

I will watch the rest now

Neil is not wearing a vest. He actually looks super cute in this vid :heart:

Tank top. Wife beater.

Hmm??

Just clarifying what he was wearing.

Oh okay, thanks :)

IMO Anthem and Time stand still are the two songs that define two very distinct eras of Rush.

I went with Time stand still because I think it 'flows' better as a song.

Anthem still kicks ass though.

• Like 1

Man this is crazy close! I thought it'd be more like 65% Anthem, 35% Time Stand Still. An interesting surprise.

Yup, I was thinking it would be 70 - 30.

Im wondering if Aimee Mann had any influence on the votes with some of the impressionable folks on here.

• Like 1

Both songs are great, but they are so incredibly different that it's not like I'm ever deciding which one I should listen to--each would be used for completely different moods or circumstances.

Having said that, I'll take Anthem.

Man this is crazy close! I thought it'd be more like 65% Anthem, 35% Time Stand Still. An interesting surprise.

Yup, I was thinking it would be 70 - 30.

Im wondering if Aimee Mann had any influence on the votes with some of the impressionable folks on here.

I'm guessing it's NOT the Aimee Mann factor. I'd guess it's the factor of seeing either song getting its ass kicked influencing some TRFers voting in the way to make it a close race.

If it were La Villa Strangiato vs Bravest Face, very few would care that it's an obliteration. BUT Anthem and TST are both well liked already.

So yeah, that's my theory anyway.

It'd be cool IF there were a way to hide ALL votes until a specified time designated by the op. When that deadline is reached THEN the poll closes and the results are showed. That'd be a cool option to have.

• Like 1

Do you like Foreigner?

I don't mean all of the soppy ballads

The early stuff was great

I used to play "Feels like the first time" in my band years ago

I LOVE FOREIGNER!

Soppy ballads and all.

• Like 1

This was much closer last night 20 - 17 before a few more gatekeepers voted.

If it were La Villa Strangiato vs Bravest Face, very few would care that it's an obliteration. BUT Anthem and TST are both well liked already.

Voting Bravest Face on that one 100 out of 100 times! Brilliant social justice lyrics with awesome music verses a long and drawn-out instrumental (yawn).

Edited by diatribein

Voting Bravest Face on that one 100 out of 100 times! Brilliant social justice lyrics with awesome music verses a long and drawn-out instrumental (yawn).

And you would be part of the "very few" that I mentioned in my post.

http://s2.favim.com/orig/28/bam-margera-jackass-ryan-dunn-Favim.com-235819.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the lyrics on La Villa Strangiato are better too. Vocals too.

• Like 2

Batchy batchy !!!??? Isn't it some Yiddish nursery Rhyme or something that Geddy is singing? I have heard. Probably wrong when I was smoking

Batchy batchy !!!??? Isn't it some Yiddish nursery Rhyme or something that Geddy is singing? I have heard. Probably wrong when I was smoking

"Patty cake, patty cake,

Mother's going to buy you shoes,

Father's going to buy you socks,

Baby's going to have red cheeks."

• Like 1

Id rather listen to Time Stand Still than Anthem. It has much more meaning to me.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...

Hi Goose

But Time Stands Still is rubbish, I don't listen to the words so if the lyric is good then cool. But the song and video are hopeless. Just no direction, awful

I am not saying that Rush should have kept writing complex 22 minute songs but it is useless

Just my opinion

Id rather listen to Time Stand Still than Anthem. It has much more meaning to me.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...

I listen to it again but I cant see any redeeming features apart from Alex has a great sound and Geddy's vocal is quite nice

Actually its not that bad a song I suppose

Wow. It took just 12 minutes to go from "no redeeming qualities" to "it's a good track"?! :LOL:

Since it was that easy, you should give everything from the mid-80s to CA another go. I'm serious. There are plenty that are way better than Time Stand Still. And I think the song is good.

• Like 1